• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Disease risk from plugging BTH?

opie cunningham

Greenlighter
Is there any disease risk from plugging tar? Say someone that handled it had hep C - could the tar or the wrapping get contaminated somehow? The stuff coming off the street and the dealers seem pretty unsanitary.

For this reason, smoking seems the safest ROA, but anybody got any actual factual info here?

"Handled" - what does this mean?

If they handled it with their hands only, and didn't have it touching any other part of their body, then it depends on if they had bleeding cuts or open wounds on their hands. Less likely, they could have had a nosebleed.

Without any of their bodily fluids coming into contact with it, there is no way you can get hep C from it. If they were IVing some BTH, and their used works came into contact with the BTH, I would not use it.

It just depends on what "handling" means in your scenario.

If they just copped it for you, and their bodily fluids didn't come into contact with it, you'll be fine. More often than not, dope is packaged in all sorts of stuff, and I am not familiar with how BTH is packaged, just powder. BL'ers on the west coast and to the south speak of balloons? I'm not sure what else they put it in.

Thank CH. It's probably been in somebody's mouth (and no telling where else) in the plastic. And these guys on the street that are dealing it don't look like they have very good hygiene - holding it in dirty hands, etc.

So "handling" could mean a lot of things really.