• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax w/ very high benzo tolerance

superpain

Bluelighter
Xanax w/ very high benzo (Valium) tolerance

Hi all, I would apreachrate any info anyone can provide about this. I have tried utse but to no avail on this specific issue.

I have an extremely high benzodiazepine tolerance. I have been taking 50mg/day (5x10mg) of Valium to combat upper back muscle issues & severe spasms (standard muscle relaxers do nothing for me - I can take a whole bottle of Flexeril and feel nothing from it) for several years now.

Since Xanax is a benzo also does anyone have an idea of how the Xanax 2mgs will be affected by my tolerance to the Valium?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide on this question!

Last edited:
If you take 50mgs/day valium don't expect 2mg xanax to do much if anything.

i hope doctors finally realize that flexeril is useless garbage and never prescribe that crap again.

That being said, if you have a high tolerance to a family of drugs (benzos) then you must expect a low dose won't be very effective anymore. However I should add the standard disclaimer; everyone is different, so we can't know how your body will react, and be careful with benzos.

To be honest 50mg of Diazepam is not an extreme dose (certainly when you take 5 × 10mg throughout the day). I need about 100mg to get recreational effects from Diazepam, also 5mg Clonazepam (Rivotril) / 40mg Temazepam (Restoril) / 30-45mg Midazolam (Dormicum) are good dosages for good times. =D

I consider 10mg of Diazepam to be equal to these dosages:

0.5mg Alprazolam (Xanax, Xanor, Tafil) -- half-life: 6-12 hours
0.5mg Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) -- half-life: 18-50 hours
20mg Temazepam (Restoril) -- half-life: 8-22 hours

source: www.benzo.org.uk (also check out the "Ashton Manual" on that site, great Benzo FAQ! :) )

Try Diclofenac or Ketoprofen as they work great for my chronic pain issues if you haven't tried them yet. Hope this helps a bit, try 0.5-1mg combined with 10mg Diazepam first and adjust your dose from there. :)

-- Peace o/

To be honest 50mg of Diazepam is not an extreme dose (certainly when you take 5 × 10mg throughout the day). I need about 100mg to get recreational effects from Diazepam

I guess I didn't mention that i don't 'feel' any 'calming/sedating' effect from my daily Vailum doses. Diazepam has an extremely long Half-life in the body. From 6-9 day's depending on which you read. So a 10mg pill takes up to 9 days to drop to 5mg in your system. However if I miss a day or two ill notice the lack off it by my skeletal muscles start to bunch then cramp and spasm.

So I took 1mg Xanex at ~3:15 sub-lingually, then another 1mg orally about 15min later. I also had a 'special' cookie about 2:30am (~hours ago). I am now feeling somewhere like using 20mg cold (with NO tolerance) would feel so I am happy:)!

Yeah, you should be able to feel 2 mg alprazolam. It is equal to about 40 mg diazepam, so you should feel some effect.

1mg of xanax is similar to 10mg of valium but that being said everyone is different i personally can take 60mg of xanax in a day or 4 to 500mg of valium but if i were to only be taking 50mg of valium a day even for a couple of years i wouldn't surpass 10mg of xanax ever and if you were to take 4mg of xanax i believe you would be in for say 4 to 6-7 hours of minimal pain and anxiety i'm 21 now and have been on valium or ativan or xanax since i was 13 so i kinda know what i'm saying but i never recommend anyone ever take 60mg of xanax or 4 to 500 mg of valium those doses even make me black out for the entire day so just say no

dont know if im saying this in the wrong place as this is my first post, but having such a high tolerance for benzos, did you have any vision problems like hallucinations or hearing sounds? i used to be able to take 10 milligrams of xanax and still stand still, now im on ativan .5, (ive lowered my tolerance since then) but i think its started to cause some mental issues. again if this is the wrong thread or post please redirect me.
and to try and answer your question, valium is weaksauce. youll definately feel good off those 2 mgs. they are cross tolerant but something about xanax is different and seems to really mess people up

Wish i was sebsative to benzos55

I have such a high benzo tollarance it's ridiculous so much so ppl don't believe me I can drop 500mg of valium and it not touch me TODAY OVER THE DAY IV TAKEN ABOUT 80/8Mmg of flubrromazaepam and nothing I acan take 600mg of clobazam and that might hit the spot iv gone thru 100ml of liquid itizolam over the past three days but it was my first time so I didn't dose all at once took 3 days to get through that BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN RECOMMEND ANY benzo out there and what the affects are i like the feeling of when tension from your body dissapers u feel all warm in side ya mood is happy u have a buzz but it's subtle confidence happy to talk that's my kinda benzo any ideas peeps pleas let me know of any and your experience CHEERS

^if half a gram of Valium does nothing to you, you have a big problem! Quitting cold turkey could kill you, you should think about tapering, look up the Ashton manual.

He's not kidding if you can take flub and handle it in multi dose your tolerance of extremely high as tolerant people usually blackout on that and clonazolam. Seriously this is something you should go to the ER for ASAP if you run out and never cold turkey at your level of dependency. Ween down your dose to a lower amount line 10% ASAP

Edit: 600 mg clobazam is equivalent to 60 mg clonazapan.... Seriously get your habit under control with a doctor. None will cut you off, but they will ween you down fast