Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

found out that almost ALL pills are pressed in oz

robE

Bluelighter
was speaking to a dd on the weekend about the whole import thing. He said their are about 5 major importers in oz. They will import all powder from usually the netherlands (also some from asia) and then it is pressed here. Its basically MUCH easier to import in powder form. Its already coloured and mixed up....all thats needed is the pressing.
The guy i spoke to is a mate and moves a fair bloody lot. He has really good connections. i have no reason to dought him :D
There are also a few small imports of already pressed pills although they are much smaller scale, OR they get busted if they are large because its too hard to store bulky bags of E pills. You think about it the masses of heroin getting in is powder and its rarely ever caught. Same deal with E powder.
There are small amounts of pre pressed gear getting in too simply strapped to ppls chests and along with other hauls bla bla
Apparently the stars, kangaroos bla bla are all locally pressed.
It makes sense though cause if you do a search in the europe sections of pill reports all their pills are completely different.... and why are there never any TT's over here but constant supply in the UK? because their not pressed here.
[ 06 April 2002: Message edited by: robE ]

I was told the same thing. Makes sense if its done like that. I don't think any of the pills are pressed overseas, i say they are done right here on our doorstep
It might also explain why you get dodgy pressed of say Euros and Hq's.. Maybe because the press machine was sold to some leb or someone from the local bikey gang. Pressing speed versions of good based pills which look the same.

whats the difference between powder and pills in regards to importing?
Does this powder magically appear in the arms of these ppl, as opposed to this HUGE AND HEAVY pills that can only be strapped to someone in order to get in?
Do you remember that huge shipment that came in last year that they found inside lead pipes? Surfice to say there are other methods of importing pills.
With that said, its likely that a lot are pressed here, but why not just finish the job overseas. The effort needed to get pills here would be pretty much the same as importing powder.

^^^^^
I think the logic is in the fact that powder can be imported in a smaller volume package as there are no gaps of air in between like there would be for pills... hence the shipment would be easier to conceal.
I'm not saying it happens, in fact I have no fucking idea really so won't even guess... I think you're probably right horsey but that's just my totally uninformed opinion, I'm just explaining the logic in the powder theory anyway... :)
Oh, and if they found the pills in the lead pipes it wasn't a very good method of importing, was it? ;)

You can usually spot the ones that actually look imported. Honestly the only pills I believe have been actually imported that spring to mind are the green CU's around 2 years ago, the purple/green question marks last year and the blue fish end of last year.
-----------------
"I need a new BRAIN!!!"
(then later)
"Even the clouds are scattered"
--------
Gatecrasher 2001 [Sydney] Bill

NB... the following is for the eyes of non-police and non-government drug-nazi's
i was on a jury trial for ecstasy importation earlier this year, the trial only went for 3 days before the guy changed his plea to guilty, but it gave me a bit of insight into the 'other side' of the drug business (hey, i would have declared myself invalid, but i needed the money ok??
12.gif
... suffice to say i was sniggering to myself through the whole trial)
anyway, the guy was caught at the airport with like 1.2 kilos of mdma (thats 1.2 kilos of pure, the lab had measured the weight he was carrying and the purity, and calculated the ratio of mdma-to-filler) strapped to his legs, most of it was in powder form but there were like 80 green MTVs in there as well... sooo... he was carrying a mixture of powder AND pills...
the only reason they found it is because the customs officer found (in his luggage) an envelope in his bag with a diagram of how to strap it on his legs and where to meet the contacts at the other end...
the worst part was, sitting in the jury room during the lonnnnnnnnnnnng breaks, and hearing the bigoted opinions of my fellow jurors... i mean they practically had this guy behind bars as soon as they set eyes on him, because he was asian... there were comments about 'think how many lives we've saved by putting this guy off the streets'... their opinions changed somewhat when we saw a video of his search at the airport, he was going on about 'there were people watching me [on the plane], theyll get my family'
does that give any insight? or have i spilled guts for nuttin?

Originally posted by SupaDiscoBreaka:
You can usually spot the ones that actually look imported.
You honestly beleive you can tell the difference? I bet good money you can't. I'm sure theres people in Australia with just as good a pill press as the ones they use overseas. If going by RobE's initial comment all pills are pressed in Australia, I'd say you definately couldnt tell were a pill has originated just by the quality of the press.
However I don't beleive ALL pills are pressed here. I dont think I could even have a guess that would be close to the ratio of imported or locally pressed pills. But obviously its a bit of both.
But just think about this, if the pill was pressed overseas and then transported in a bag of a thousand other pills to our shores wouldnt the quality of press be worse? A thousand little bikkies all rubbing up against each other would most likely cause them to get a bit damaged so I'd guess locally pressed pills would stand a chance of looking better than imports.
[ 06 April 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

just because were Australian doesn't mean we can press pills ;)

OMG... jnr cheese
like you just woked this out; and are passing on the bizzo... bozo, good to see your catching up!!!!! ;) keep it to yourself.
;) :) ;) :)

What difference does it make on a users level? Or for that matter on any level lower than international importation? Why do people care so much? I think it's an inferiority thing that Australians have
5.gif

To expand on my earlier post :) It's easy to say "Yeah nice one mayte, the cops already know everything" I believe it's most likely the AFP already know more than we do about this. What would you say their chances of knowing this are? 50%? 80% 90% 99.99%?
I don't much care which one of these it is or isn't... I personally wouldn't want to take a 0.01% chance that I'm helping to fight a war against my own interests. I don't take pills anymore (yeppers, I mod DD and don't eat pills!) so for myself, it makes no difference if a few more busts/year happen. But if you don't like it how when there's a few big busts and there's nothing available but all the dodgy pills from the past 3years that people can't get rid of except when there's nothing else about... then perhaps it may pay to bare in mind that this site is monitored by the Australian Federal Police :)

sorry for being a dickhead but.... i can't see how the feds knowing anymore about whats going on could ever quelch the supplies....
There are simply too many ways
Sad story about that guy busted with all that gear in the air port.... was obviously in loads of trouble and was forced to carry the gear or die :(
Very similer to the problems with fishermen in Indonesia being forced to smuggle immegrants into australian waters to pay off big debts for loosing fishing boats etc to australian authorities as a result of fishing illegally.... ( now that was a badly put together sentence :D )
[ 07 April 2002: Message edited by: robE ]

It's all bullshit guesswork... and nobody is gonna supply any information more than hearsay as well, because that would be pretty incriminating.
My advice on the issue would be to avoid mentioning that you have contacts to big dealers. Why implicate yourself as knowing 'too much' online where it's a simple matter to trace your IP and figure out who and where you are?
Importing illegal chemicals, regardless of the form, is obviously a risky venture. One way or another the chemicals get pushed into pill form, and you receive them in small bags. Is there any sense in debating how they get there? In my opinion, I think that the best issue to concentrate your effort on is determining the end result: ie. test the pills. Then you know WHAT is in the pill, regardless of WHERE it came from. The location that the powder was pressed into pill form is rather immaterial, wouldn't you agree?
BigTrancer :)

Um, you can easily tell, just see if the pills pop up in other area's of the world..
To a degree, but on pillreports anyone from australia can post in other countries sections.
But yeah, I agre with BT, why do you care where the pills get made? All I care about is quality, and if local makers can provide that, good on 'em :)

People care about the importz / localz issue because of the differences in price dealers charge.
$10 difference is a fuckn lot don't you agree???
I wonder how many of the pills that police confiscate get back on the streets?
It makes more economic sense for a cop to find a guy who can sell them for him & then add the money to the station's petty cash or keep the money himself.
Nobody else has to or would even know about it.
I know it's corrupt but it's not necessarily evil & it probably happens. It's also more true to human nature.
Incidentally, I know a few cops - and they are very nice people. They actually do care about people you know. It's the gang violence that they are really against.
There's a female cop I know that likes ecstasy very much.
If you are ever arrested, show some respect. They are just doing their job - they didn't make the laws. And don't act like a tough guy & they probably will go easier on you. Probably.
You know what I really hate is some bouncers in certain clubs. Some of them need lessons in dealing with people.
Guys, I'm thinking of joining the Police Force in a couple of years time.
Or the Army, maybe. They've got some nice toys to play with.
I want to bulk up first, though.
I promise I wont become a dickhead. (Like I'm not one, already).
The uniform is sure to get me laid more often.

Err... on-topic?
Are you talking about a $10 discount on so-called 'local' pills, or a $10 price hike for so-called 'imported', as according to your dealer? If you are offered two pills, both of which test as MDxx-based with Marquis reagent, and both have good reputations among users, and then your dealer tells you "OK, this one is 40 bucks, but this other one is 50 bucks because it's imported"... well I think you should just laugh real hard. Unless your dealer personally imported a small quantity and is trying to recoup transport costs, then there is no good reason that an imported pill should be any more pricey than a local.
IMHO: More often, the price is more likely to be dictated by the pill contents. The locally made speedbombs will definitely go for 10 bucks less, because they suck. Imported MDxx pills, and/or any MDxx pills that are locally pressed will far more likely be a typical price, because they actually contain ecstacy-like chemicals.
As for the idea of imported speedbombs... well what would be the point of going to the hassle of importing something that's not going to draw a premium price anyway? If someone had the choice, given they were going to take the risk of importing something illegal, to either pick powder and have to press it, or pick pills where all the hard work is done... then I'd say it would be more sensible to pick the ready-made pills unless the price for powder was vastly cheaper. Otherwise you go to all the hassle of getting this powder into the country, and then you have to arrange it to be pressed into pills (because it's easier to move that way) before you can get any return on your investment.
Perhaps I'm wrong and there are still heaps of dealers relying on the disinformation smokescreen to rip off people out of a couple more bucks per pill. I would have thought, though, that at a level in the 'drug food chain' where the pill origin would have made a difference in price, people wouldn't need to brag about whether it was imported or not. At the other end of the sales pyramid, the pills are all the same price, but the dealers have bigger mouths and talk a lot more shit, no?
BigTrancer :)

i didnt get to hear how long he got, we were discharged as soon as he pleaded guilty.
one advantage of powder is that you could then control how strong you want the pills to be... you could make one really strong batch and another weaker batch, pressed exactly the same... sell the strong ones first so the pill gets a good reputation and then dump shitloads of weaker ones on the market = $cha-ching$

I don't know any actual stats on the matter, but I think that it stands to reason that it would be more practical to import powder than pills. There would be little reason to importing heavily cut product. Cut product equates to greater shipping volume and hence greater risk for same quantity of active ingredient. The product would more likely be shipped almost pure and then watered down here with legal and easily accesible filler product. Since pills are usually largely cut, and due to air gaps between pills, it would hence be uneconomical and risky to ship them. Furthermore I doubt anybody with the contacts to import large quantities would have any problem aquiring pill pressing machinery. It is legal to buy the machines without special reason in Australia (hmm, can't remember where I read this and can't find it on the internet but I'm 90% sure about it. Still, don't quote me).