Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bleeders in pills how common are they??

LiquidSkiN

Bluelighter
Hey i just want to get some other people's opinion:
A friend of mine went to * and gave me a call b4 he purchased a white ohm pill so i could check it out @ pill reports. The most recent one i got was in sydney in llike nov 2001 where this guy had taken one but crushed up the other and found a large shard of glass ( the bleeder) i had never heard of these b4 and was just wondering how common they are. And are they likley to rip your insides to shreads?
thanx
liq
[Edit: Venue details removed. BigTrancer]
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Right... lemme see if I've got this straight...
Your friend has told you about their friend that found glass in their pills? Or have I got one too many steps in the story telling equation?
Either way, I assume you didn't see this pill yourself, and so I'd also assume that something was lost in the story along the way... because I don't think there have been any legit documented cases of shards of glass in pills as you've described... :)
As a side note, it's also not wise to have as much info in your profile as you currently do - remember that anyone can access your info...

Pieces of glass that could cause you damage are quite a rare occurrence in pills, I'd say.
BigTrancer :)

I thought it was sort of common knowledge that the yellow 'Macdonalds' from last year had crushed 'something' in them.

Personally, most of us think thats a load of you now what.
Your stomache is quite capable of aborbing stuff without been CUT!!!! thats what its designed to d0o!

Im sure there have been pleanty of pills with glass in them - but it got there by accident!
If a cook is making a big batch of pills and a glass vial breaks into it, do you think they would discard the lot?? of course not, they would MAYBE clean it as best they can then just use it anyway - glass shards and all
There have been cases of glass showing up in food and "propper" industries products, you people that think this is BS must be plain naive!

To tell you the truth I reckon the media just decided to make up the "glass in pills" bullshit myth and the local bakers thought it was the "thing to do" so there was a few batches going around with glass in them. Anyway, I only heard of one serious report on glass in a pill and that was the yellow McDonalds, like Happyapple said in the post above.

Let's just say there was a shard of glass in the pill, it would have to be smaller than the pill which is already no bigger than 9mm in diameter (and thats a pretty damn big pill) and concealed by the fillers/chemicals in the pill. So therefore you probably have a small, thin piece of glass which probably would cause you minimal damage if any at all.
Then theres the viability or probability of a pill actually containing a piece of glass.
I doubt cutting your stomach open would benefit your roll noticably either. Don't believe everything you hear :)

i cut a blue mtv in half the other day and it had small pieces of something in the middle. not sure what it was... anyone have any ideas? also as to reply to ur question, i have heard that part of the reason u cant eat the next day is the damage to ur gut from a mimimal amount of crushed fibreglass that is added to pills to speed up absorbtion. not sure if this is true, u hear so many rumours floating around :)

Braveheart, it is exactly the conjecture like the last piece of shite you just posted that bluelight is here to correct, not propogate.
The reason you can't eat? MDMA was investigated as a potential appetite suppressant when it was first patented my Merck. MDMA acts upon the serotonin sites, which amongst other things control appetite and mood.
Research people, reseach.
Many people cut open pills, see hard clear crystals, and go- "that's glass". However, it's the same people cutting up similar crystals in their speed/coke then merrily snorting away.
I find it much more likely that the crystals are unsynthesised or aggregated chemicals of some sort, such as epsom salts in the case of speed.
I do, however, remember a credible report from Brisbane about glass found in the McDonald pill. I'm am unsure how substantiated it was from memory, but it is certainly not a common occurance.

ok ok ok. i will modify my comment... after taking a pill my friend collapsed. i took him to hospital. while there he threw up & some of this was tested. among a whole variety of shit they found fibreglass. maybe he was lying. i dont know. i am simply passing on what i heard in the interests of answering the post. note what i heard was that PART OF the reason was this. isnt the appetite suppresant common knowledge?
note also that this was a local pill.
as for the comment on the mtv did i say "it had glass in it" or did i ask if anyone had any ideas what it was???
S-O-R-R-Y mr bluelight for my lack of expertise
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: braveheart ]

i am simply passing on what i heard in the interests of answering the post... S-O-R-R-Y mr bluelight for my lack of expertise
braveheart: Your lack of expertise is not the issue at all - the issue is that you posted information that was false (yes, it is a common myth I will grant you, but false nonetheless). If you don't KNOW for sure, then either research the information yourself, or simply avoid posting it. You did say: "i have heard that part of the reason u cant eat the next day is the damage to ur gut from a mimimal amount of crushed fibreglass that is added to pills to speed up absorbtion. not sure if this is true, u hear so many rumours floating around" which is a good start, but it also means that whatever you previously said was unsubstantiated hearsay. We're hoping to avoid statements like these in the effort to provide verified facts in situations such as these. The poster who replied to your statement wasn't trying to cut you down, but to show you the truth in the matter.
If you're not sure about something perhaps it would be better phrased as a question, to help you gain knowledge from the rumour too: ie. "I have heard that there may be fibreglass added to pills to speed up absorption in the gut. Is this true, or just a rumour?" --> that way not only will people be more eager to confirm your rumour (or alternatively provide a correct answer for you), but your credibility will be saved as you won't look like a fan of urban myths.
As for the 'Yellow McDonalds pill containing a piece of glass' issue, there was one report that surfaced online in a Brisbane website I believe, which was DIRECTLY copied from a post that GhOst made on this forum. The pill was from Melbourne (I believe), and there was one piece of solid clear material in the pill that wouldn't crush, nor dissolve in water or EZ-test solution.
GhOst's report on the yellow mcdonalds pills from 07 Feb 2001: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003266.html
BigTrancer :)

sorry. advice noted. i cant substantiate my report other than saying that is what my mate was told was in it (By the Dr.)
as liquidskin asked for opinions i guess i got worked up at being cut down for my opinion. sorry guys :) i will try & b more accurate next time

I'm just thinking the amount of fibre glass you could stuff into a pill wouldnt be detectable in vomit... It was probably ingested/inhaled some other way.

Don't take offence Braveheart, but don't propogate heresay.
Doctors in emergency wards are also notorious sensationalists, who will attempt to shock and deter drug users from continuing their destructive ways. They deal with drug users in their worst state, hence have a skewed view of the real dangers of ecstasy use.
You put yourself in their position, dealing with every fucked up fouteen year old throwing their guts up after ingesting god knows what. They give them a stomach pump, tell them they found rat poison, omo, strychnnine, and glass in their stomach, and send them on their way with a smack on the ass. It's harm minimisation gone mad.
It's an attempt at prevention by deception, and sometimes it works. But the truth is much more powerful, and also more of a grey area.
So yeah, don't believe the hype. Ecstasy is not benign, and doctors often attempt to emphasise the dangers such that they do not have to continually deal with the fallout and negative implications...human nature really.
Educate and propogate facts, not rave Chinese whispers.

This is just a quickie, which should explain the myth of fibreglass in pills.
As far as I'm aware (and this is not hearsay), there is a brand of dip (chewing tobacco) in the States that actually contains a very small amount of fibreglass in it. Now, chewing tobacco is sat between the gums and the lips, and the fibreglass causes small cuts on the gums and lips. This allows the nicotine from the tobacco to be absorbed more easily.
However, this is bullshit for pills, there is no reason for there to be fibreglass in them.
Hope that helped... ;)
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: Dante ]

quote:
"Doctors in emergency wards are also notorious sensationalists..."
Is this hearsay, chinese whispers or an unsubstantiated fact Pinger?!

Yep, got me there Rayda. It's pretty generalised but it's from anecdotal information I can rely on.
I have two ex-gf's who are both fully qualified nurses. Both having worked in casualty, and being experienced recreational drug users, they sometimes have to bite their tongues when doctors (mostly older ones) give well intentioned but often incorrect information to OD patients.
I probably would too in their situation. I certainly wouldnt say "You were just unlucky, had a panic attack, and your heart started to race quickly. Go back to the club and try another one."
PS One works in Brisbane, the other in Perth. Although the Perth ex-gf has worked in London, Canada and New Zealand as well. Apparently in London, they do a much better job de-breifing after OD's, something they don't appear to do so well here. I notice you yourself are a health professional. I have no idea what/how they treat this situation in NSW/VIC where I would assume ecstasy problems are more prevalent.

We love rumours :)
That McDonalds stands out though. I personally know one person who broke one apart, found a couple of really *really* small shards, put them in a glass of water. No they did not dissolve.
That aside, putting bleeders in pills ain't really a done thing. It may of happened once, but certainly not too many more times than once.