Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What are microdots?

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
I had a microdot yesterday... they're about the size of a poppy seed, kind of browny in colour, and they're black in the middle (i halved one just to see what the middle looked like)
This was probably the nicest acid i've ever taken. Wonderful visuals, great vibe and very clean (set and setting played a massive part as always)
My question is... what are they? What substance are the little balls made of? Are they a special material that absorbs LSD particularly well? The taste was kind of an "organic" taste. Hard to describe. One of my mates reckons they're little mesculine balls, but I beg to differ.
Anyway care to shed some light on the subject?
thanks,
horse :)

I am told they are porous ceramic which can absorb the LSD. I tried to halve one once, with great difficulty, and the little bugger refused to split and kept bouncing away. Anyhow, I will happily stand corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

also, i noticed this time that once dissolved on the tongue, the microdot actually turns white in colour.

i was under the impression that these contained something similar to speed?

err phonk microdots contain LSD not speed, horse wants to know what the material that they are made of is not the substance it contains.
anyone remember that powder a company invented that could hold 1000x its weight in liquid? now wouldnt that be interesting!

Sure would be interesting, lucky the LD50 dosage range for acid is unbelieveably high, something like 25000-50000 hits. Didn't know they were ceramic, thought they were made with a semi permeable binders and fillers. On a side note, microdots are purportedly very strong, how much LSD do people think are in these, my guess would be in the range of 200-300 micrograms?
Disclaimer: Warning the Tabernacle Corp does not recommend the taking of 25000-50000 hits of acid, or even one hit- it will ruin your life and turn you insane and into a porkine-faecal-philiac! ;)
(send all acid to P.O Box Tabbies Gaping Mouth)
[ 04 April 2002: Message edited by: Tabernacle ]

in my short life, i have come across two forms of what were called microdots. i did a really bad picture below (i was gunna make it pretty but 3dsmax crashed ;) ). anyway, it shows what i'm talking about. now horsey i'm thinking what you had was the dot on the left. pretty fucking small, possibly 1mm in diameter, definately no more. looks shiny and nice? i have been told two different things about these, the first was that i was a lsd microdot, the second that it was mescaline button. given the two sources, i would usually go with the mescaline call cause i trust the guy a bit more, however fucked if i know how this guy had mescaline, and he really didn't know what to do with it. i could never work these things out, they looked like drops of amber sap or something, very organic, which sorta made me think maybe they were mescaline.
the second one (on the right), is what i always treat as real microdots. about the size of a pacer lead, cut into 1mm sections or so. real hard and strong m0f0's, and definately lsd. usually a consistent and fairly strong dose (don't take that as gospel). i have been told a few different things about these, one was that yes, they were made from ceramic. i doubt this though, ceramic requires mixing/casting/baking and all that, and i dont know why they would bother. the other viable option i heard was that its just a really good quality binder. due to how small the fuckers are, it would surprise me if the maker went to a bit of effort on the binder. they do crush up if you try hasrd enough. but they are very well 'pressed' (or however they are made), and i think a good binder pressed well could be that strong.
errmmm..dunno if i answered your question horsey, but i thought i'd try and work out exactly what sort of dot you talking about ;)
dots.jpg

(fuck thats a dismal picture)
:D

Horsey- I have no idea mate.
I would say it probably varies by country and by producer. From erowid and other sources, Microdot usually refers to LSD in pill form, as blotter to paper, windowpane as a gelatin base, liq to liquid, and cube to sugar cube.
LSD is sometimes a little chemically unstable, so you would need something that would "hold" the LSD so to speak, and allow absorption.
Sounds like you've been eating rave boogers soaked in LSD.
Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside!

LD50 SOURCES
Clinical Management of Poisoning and Drug Overdose
by Haddad Winchester
page 459:

"No well-documented human deaths resulting directly from the toxic effects of LSD itself have occurred, though LSD has been implicated in accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides. LD50 (That's lethal dose in 50% of those who injest this much) determinations vary widely with species, begin 46 mg/kg in mice, 16.5 mg/kg in rats, 0.3 mg/kg in rabbits and 0.1 mg/kg in elephants. In monkeys, the LD100 is 5 mg/kg. Death in these animals is the result of respiratory failure, preceded in the rabbit by marked hyperthermia. Human data are manifestly lacking, and predictions of the average lethal dose for humans have ranged from 0.2 mg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg, administered orally."
BigTrancer :)

rbb: def the one of the right. If anyone has server space i'll post a pic of them.
pinger: i'll only eat your snot dude :)

My friend had a microdot of some description last year and had to go to hospital. Her heart sped up so much it stopped for 3 minutes!! How bad is that.

Mr. Horse, I took a photo of one of those microdots before I had one earlier this year and will post in this thread if I can find it.
They looked like a small bit of cockroach crap (or yes, a poppy seed) and didn't seem to be much stronger than about 1 1/2 regular blotters.
I've seen microdots in two other forms in my time. Once as just a very small barrelled pill(very similar to a normal pill, just very small and without a logo). The other time was what looked like a small bit of blotter with a hardish raised dot in the middle.
The blotter/microdot combo looked very much like the new style but dropped onto paper for moving purposes. (the cockraoch crap style one kept on rolling and getting lost)
[EDITED NOTE: Before I took them I assumed they were 2ct-7 or mescal but it seemed way too acidy for me. I was a little more talkative than I usually am on LSD but that happens occaisionally anyways)
----------------------------------
Big Pink
Breath as fresh as a summer ham
[ 06 April 2002: Message edited by: SupaDiscoBreaka ]

when in amsterdam (80s) i bought microdots in a strip of sealed plastic wrap like "bubble gum tape" (foil one side & plastic wrap the other, and pop out the bizzo) they were purple, and hard, and easy to travel with... not that i did, lol!!!!!!!
wot they made of...
like a 'homeo' pill (sugar placebo tab) soaked in acid. very similar to the female constaceptive packaging... only in a role of like bubblegum tape.

even if you took 1% of the LD50 dose you would still think you were dead for a few days ;D
Maybe they could try that crystal water stuff which starts of as crystals and absorbs water then turns to jelly to keep plants moist....wonder how much lsd it could absorb...hmmmM? :)
man the first trip i took was a microdot, wow it blew my head off! :D

All the microdots I have seen were larger than poppy seeds and flatter, and in the shape of the pill posted on the right by randomblondeboy. This is in the US, mind you.