Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Restrictions Placed on Abused Inhalants

Pleonastic

Bluelighter
Restrictions Placed on Abused Inhalants
Spray paint, whipped cream chargers, and glue will soon require identification to purchase after new laws were passed yesterday banning their sale to minors.
The laws, similar to those that control alcohol and tobacco purchases, are intended to help stamp out the abuse of these currently easily obtainable items by youths to get a "cheap high".
The new laws will also restrict the amount of each item that can be purchased without a commercial licence, with members of the general public now only being able to purchase two cans of paint, one tube of glue, or one box of cream chargers at a time.
Police say these laws will have the added effect of helping curb the growing amounts of vandalism and graffiti, as it will now be more difficult for many of the culprits to obtain paint.
Use of the relatively cheap and accessible inhalants is currently prevalent among children aged 11 to 14, according to welfare agencies. The items when inhaled may provide the user with brief feelings of euphoria, and often result in reckless behaviour, visual distortions and blacking out.
The laws will take effect on the 1st of June 2002 in all Australian states and territories.Bastards! This is typical of the authorities "one law fits all" attitude. I kinda agree with paint and glue, but Nitrous isn't really that dangerous. I guess the way around it is that we'll just have to go bulb shopping for our one box every day of the week now... ;)

its is kinda overkill... but its simply thwarted by befriending your local late-nite convienience store worker ;)
the guy i always goto now gives me a 5% discount (no, not just on bulbs :) )
btw: bulbs aren't a cheap high!!! sure, one pack only costs $5-7, but after you've gone through 50-100 (jk) then it isn't quite soooo cheap ;)
M
[ 01 April 2002: Message edited by: Maxi ]

I dont think its such a bad idea.
Although if they regulated other drugs such as MDMA, speed coke or whatever, then restrict sales to minors too, that would be better.
Cause restricting creamers and paints doesnt stop them from going to their friendly neighbourhood dealer and buying hardkore drugs.....
But oh well...

Seems some have already adopted this regulation- i've been asked to produce id, AND been sold only one box of nangs at a time from my local spatula dealer. Sheesh, i thought the dubious looks u get when buying 3 boxes from them was enuff!
Down with nangwhore persecution!!!!

Shit eh. Oh well. I can just see a parade of sketchy ravers going in to a supermarket one at a time to get one box of nangs each.
-plaz out-

I told you paying off politicians doesn't help.

psycotik: yeah, I know - I stole the graphic... but it was too good NOT to steal! ;)

Erm, how did u get a national franchise of "house" products in on this? that's some pulling power. or maybe i've just exhausted this one supplier. Seriously, as i said- I.D required, one box per customer- no shit.
I spose they're regulating themselves...this is all fucking with my head 2 much

^^^^^
LOL! It ain't legislation yet, and I did make all this up - but maybe it's not as far fetched as it seems! ;)

heh heh .
It might have been a joke, but given our overzealous government and their rapid moves toward a nanny-nation, it seems there is no choice but to start stockpiling the silver bulbs o' joy.
Go people go!

I read the first post and thought to myself there's not enough misinformation and stupidity for this to be a real article!!
and I was right!!

LMAO!
Wait, Pleo! You missed something! What about the environmental benefits of eliminating inhalants? ;)
[ 02 April 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]