Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interesting article about online discretion

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/A_meth_cook_speaks_from_prison.8740.shtml
There are a lot of idiots out there saying that they want to make speed and for people to E-mail them formulas. There are also a few out there who have some chemical knowledge. They are posting formulas (most of which, by the way, are either bogus or totally impractical) and flexing their little wanna-be outlaw egos. Some of these people are intelligent but obviously ignorant of how Big Brother operates. They may think they can hide behind the First Amendment and say whatever they please because, after all, it's just information, right? Wrong. Our government has conveniently enacted rules and laws that enable them to circumvent the constitution. Their nearly unbeatable and favorite weapon is the federal conspiracy law. Under this law, a person doesn't even have to actually touch chemicals or drugs to be convicted. All he has to do is talk about it or commit an "act of furtherance". If a person comes online, says he wants to produce meth and also asks for a formula and you give it to him; that is an "act of furtherance". You have just directly enabled that person to commit a very serious felony that he would have been incapable of without your assistance. Therefore, in the eyes of the law, you are just as guilty as the actual perpetrator.
Definitely food for thought.
BigTrancer :)

The thing with the law is, even though probably most of the time they wont choose to convict someone, they will still like the choice to. Most of the time, they wont have the time/money to. But if thats all they can charge you with, and they want you arrested, they will go out of their way to do it.
Even though this is a very vague example. Crime lord A commits: Murder, Drug crimes, etc, etc Police know he does it, but cant charge him, they will ping him with "tax evasion" or some other abstract crime.
Even though it seems silly for them to have such a crime existing, it doesnt mean under all circumstances they wont use it.
[ 15 March 2002: Message edited by: psycotik ]

fuck that was a good article/letter ..
Hmmm i neer thought about it in the way he did, but then again, the idea im makeing my own drugs has never crossed my mind (im 2 dumb).
but yes everyone beware, u never know who is listening or watching ...!!

of course, if i'm in australia then your united states law has no jurisdiction over me...
thus australians can tell americans how to make drugs, but not vice versa...
food for thought?

This is not the first time I've read an article to this effect. While reading similar sites in regards to drug information and harm reduction, I've noticed a few articles popping up about this. Infact one comes to mind, a link I am unable to post here as the site remains unnamed, speaks of almost idential warnings to the general public.
I'm sure as resourceful as crime prevention agencies are, they won't go past scanning sites that are directly related to drug information.

Good find BT. I read that article quite a while ago, but it is good to refresh the need for discretion in regards to online communication.

Ooooh.... Now that is a damn interesing article BT, really does make you think twice about what you write to people on the internet now doesnt it kids?