Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pre and post load for other drugs

Datastream

Bluelighter
I have been reading about per and post load for mdma and was wondering if this can be applied to other drugs like meth/speed and LSD. Thanks for any info ......

See Meth pre-load from the Health archive. So, yes you can do it, but it is nowhere near as important to pre- and post-load for meth as it is with MDMA. If you were going to pre-load for meth, I would suggest just anti-oxidants and magnesium.
Re: LSD, from what I can tell from the erowid LSD FAQ there is no need to pre- or post-load for LSD.

basic pre/post-load for any drug applies, ie get lots of sleep before and after, and try and eat healthily before and after.

The only pre/post loading for LSD is to leave about 2 months between trips, it makes the experience so much more profound. Oh yeah on a silly note nangs are a must post load (actually during the trip) for LSD.

Maybe 5-HTP would be useful for a postload for LSD given that it has suspected 5HT2A and 5HT2C agonist action?
BigTrancer :)

BT: I was thinking about that, but given that an agonist = increasing the effects of serotonin at the 5HT2A and 5HT2C receptors, you don't end up serotonin depleted (like MDMA). A 5htp pre-load might make you trip harder, but that could be a bad thing.
Good point from jb: sleep, the ultimate pre and post-load