• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed - Why Does Snorting Produce the Rush?

kookaburra

Bluelighter
I think all speed-takers know from experience that snorting speed produces a faster, 'rushier' effect than swallowing - but why is this? What's going on behind the nose/mouth that makes this so?
Yes, to anyone with any rudimentary knowledge of anatomy the answer will be obvious, but when it comes to things physiological I'm admittedly a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
So yeah, why?

Basically snorting a powder layers your mucous membranes in the back of your nose. The powder then eats it way through the small layers of skin and flesh and directly enters the bloodstream, bypassing the normal digestive process. This results in a bigger rush because:
1. More of the substance actually ends up in you rather than some of it being filtered in digestion.
2. Some of the substance ends up directly in your bloodstream.
Of course not all of it is going through these membranes as some eventually makes it way down the back of the throat and into the stomach.

For an even higher rush you can try iv. That way even more of the chemicals will enter your bloodstream. Note you dont want to inject anything that has been cut with the speed.
However i am not talking from eperience, and i would say extreme caution should be used in exploring this method of intake, phreex the other drug moderator is knowledgable in this area.

It is also because the substance is absorbed much faster, it comes on much faster and your senses are litterally 'rushed' with the effects of the drug.

The baso-something (damn meth blow outs!) brain stem or nodule or something at the top of ya schnoze absorbs the meth directly across the blood-brain barier thinggy, faster and more direct than dippin, which lasts longer and it still good. IV skanky, almost at smackie level!
-sllllllleeeepppppppppppp!-

IV skanky, almost at smackie level!I think I speak for all the mods of Drug Discussion when I say to everyone please ignore that and don't bother even responding to such a stupid comment. Let's not turn this thread into another hypocritical "smack is bad" thread, there's plenty of threads to discuss that in already if that's the opinion you happen to have...

Sorry pleo, but just seen too many friends start injecting speed and then two months later they're on heroin. The old 'it helps with the crash and burn' excuse, developed into serious H addiction. But yeah if you can control yourself by all means inject away.

tabernacle: and obviously you can't control yah big flappin mouth. shut up already.