Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Looking for user accounts as to the benefits of preloading

Checkit

Bluelighter
Hey all,
I'm pretty new to the scene, I've only gone ravin/droppin 3 times so far, I make sure that I wait at least a month between each occasion so I don't build up a tolerance or hasten the effects of neurotoxicity.
In my never-ending quest to make each experience as enjoyable and as safe as possible I've been reading up on pre and post loading before pillin.
Now I've read the FAQ and it's fantastic, very informative and helpful, but I'd also like to hear some first hand accounts from some experienced BL'ers as to the effectiveness of loading and any other little tips you might have.
So how many of you reading this pre/post load, and do you find that it makes a difference? Does it significantly improve the effects of MDMA? And do you find it helps you backup the next few days at work/uni etc?
Thanks all,
Checkit
[ 07 March 2002: Message edited by: Checkit ]

Euphorik: Please read the FAQ - it is linked at the top of the forum page.
This question (on pre/post-loading) has been answered many times previously in the Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Forum, and there is a lengthy discourse on preloading and postloading in the main FAQ.
Please try searching the forum using the "Search" link at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
BigTrancer :)

my personal experience is that pre loading doesn't do squat. That is very subjective however as there are too many other variables that need be taken into consideration when comparing if your 'high' was better preloaded or not.
Post loading however is a fucking godsend. Do it Do it Do it. :)

nezo,
cheers, what do you mean it's a god send?
You mean you recover from the haziness and forgetfulness caused by the MDMA a lot quicker when u postload?
I've read many posts of people extolling the virtues of postloading, not seen too much fine detail as to why though :)

What nezo said.
I do it and in my opinion it (postloading) makes a big enough difference to keep doing it.

Checkit: Have a read of the main forum FAQ, there's a heap of information on postloading in there.
BigTrancer :)

I first stumbled across this web site four years ago when it was TOTALLY different to how it is now. I learnt of pre-loading then and tried it with enthusiasm several times, all the while being observant to the MANY variables that can influence the quality of a roll.
And I bought all the ingredients - 5htp, DPEA, tyrosine, something starting with 'G', etc... Even drank grapefruit juice with a view towards it helping.
My verdict? To this day I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA whether it helped. Sometimes it seemed to, then the next week I'd go pre-load free and roll my head off.
For me the jury is out. But my recommendation to those on a tight budget: Don't bother, just make sure you're not tired, and that you haven't eaten in at least five hours.

I take about 100 - 150mg of 5HTP right before after I start coming down. Makes me sleepy usually. I find that takes the come down a whole lot more pleasant..i can eat, I can think properly ( i have to work on mondays ) and I can function pretty much as if I didn't take a fuck load of mdma. I call it my 'morning after' pill ;)

Post loading is gooten!!! I usually take 3 vitamin C's, and about 200mg of 5-HTP, drink a smeg load of tea, followed by some THC the morning after. Then 100mg of 5-HTP and another 2 vitamin C's before I go to bed on sunday night. On mondays the scatteredness is very minimal, depression almost nill, usually I just feel tired, and a bit run down, but my brain is definantlly alot better than if I don't.
Dropping once a month or so, pre-loading is not really a issue for me. However I usually have some 5-htp 2 nights before I roll, and just before I drop. I find that my rolls are usually alot more intense, and longer lasting.
But hey, it's all up to the individual. I would HIGHLY recommend post loading. If not for the mood lift I recive, then for the decrease in damage being done to one's body.
:)

I have only done it once and I pre-loaded more than post-loaded. I found the pills came on quicker, were more intense and lasted much longer. My recovery was only marginally better -> I put this down to insufficient post-loading (first-time mistake).
As was said before, it is reasonably expensive to compile your kit, but I reckon any assistance towards reducing the effects of neurotoxicity and enhancing your rolls is worth the investment.

and while youre poppin all your postloading vitamin pills dont forget the benefits of BREAKFAST either. some cereal (easy on the teeth) and a peice of fruit will probly do you as much if not more good than multivitamins and shit.
5-htp is worth it if you can afford it and access it easy enough.
however sticking to your one month gap between drugs is without a doubt the best and cheapest way to retain as much of your brain as you can.

I have also used 5HTP. Usually I wait a month or so between times, but once I rolled a weekend before a big event, so I wanted to have my serotonin back for the next weekend. So I had 100mg 5HTP each day for 7 days leading up to it, and a little more on the day, and I rolled pretty hard, but also of course it was great for postloading. I felt considerable "clearer" over the following days with a dose of 5htp each day.
But then again its all individual, some of my mates have found no significant differences, but maybe worth a try? Good luck.