• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Salvia made illegal in Australia

If this is true, this is absolutely foolish.
As you said Soma, i bet they don't have any idea what the fuck it is. Who the hell abuses salvia, most people don't even know what the hell it is.
Good fucking move govt, make MORE drugs illegal...
We live in a twisted world
Adikkal

a sad day hey adikkal :(
i'm gonna go buy a fucking tonne of it and smoke it before that date.
then publish it somewhere nice and public.
i hate the australian government.

What next??? I better scoff all the MDMA i can get before that becomes illegal too! ;)

If this is so then it's a rather terrible thing...
But let's examine exactly why this substance has been made illegal so quickly? You know, I would've thought some of the research chemicals with psychdelic/amphetamine-like qualities would have been banned before salvia.
Yet here we see a PLANT, used for hundreds if not thousands of years in ancient ritual, being classified along with heroin and speed?!@
Now, I'm sure my paranoid conspiracy theories are illfounded. But just WHY is it that the government is so KEEN to fight a plant which produces the most potent naturally occuring hallucinogen? Furthermore an hallucinogen which is capable of producing startlingly powerful effects, to open such a vast new realm of exploration.
Salvia does not lend itself to addiction by any stretch of the imagination. Not only is there no tolerance from extended use (if anything there is reverse tolerance), but the very nature of the experience seems to DISCOURAGE most people from further use.
I think its the nature of this drug which is why it's been so quickly attacked. Look at some of the experiences made possible; meeting other entities, BECOMING other objects and importantly OTHER PEOPLE, traversing space and time, exploring childhood memories....call me crazy (I probably am), there is something sinister going on.
Check my signature to get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say, it's about lsd, but can be adapted to other psychdelics.

Damn Needle Dick (John Howard) to woomera detention centre (it think hell would be to Mr. Howard's liking u know with all the similar sinners and liers).
I think the reason they made salvia illegal before research chems is that they can actually still make a reasonable amount of money from obscure chemicals, whereas a widely grown plant, just doesn't cut it. This blows hard as i'm yet to try the 5x extract or even the new 50x extract! The leaf is ok but not really strong enough. Datura will prolly be next, can't say i'll as upset about that if it happens.

Now that it's illegal, just watch and see all the fuckwits that didn't know about it come out of the woodworks and try this "new" drug. Seriously, all that making it illegal will do is advertise it as forbiden fruit to the masses, and some idiot is going to do his head in because Salvia is not to be fucked with... :(

speaking of fuckwits comming out of the woodwork ... :)
before it becomes illegal (on july 1), are there any shops in the sydney area that sell actual plants? or should i just go round to a few nersaries (sp) and see if they sell them?

Two words: No suppliers.
If you use your head, you'll figure out places that you can buy plants.
If anyone mentions places to buy salvia divinorum, this thread will be deleted.
BigTrancer :)

You may understand concerns about salvia from a health/ scientific point of view. Nothing much is known about how it works. What receptors it binds with, what neurological alterations go on, toxicity etc.
Ask Dr. Shulgin
So even if you were an ignorant law maker/ politician knowing nothing of such cultures, how drugs are used etc., it would be hard to ignore advice based on health concerns with salvia.
It’s just that the order in which things are done seems wrong. Money spent on legislative change would be better spent in researching properties of Salvia. Then it could be properly assessed as to whether the substance meets the criteria of being categorized a schedule 9 substance, defined in Australia as poisons that are drugs of abuse.
The harm reduction potential which comes from understanding how a substance works is obvious.
Sodium nitrite was also up for rescheduling. Anyone know what happened with this one?

Hmmmm... the more I think about it the more I realise that we can't blame the government for this one. I think if it wasn't for people selling it over the internet with the tag line "amazing legal high" and shit like that it wouldn't have come to the attention of the authorities at all. So rather than blame the governments we should blame the internet profiteers that were willing to sell it to any dickhead with access to their dad's credit card.

Well, it kind of makes sense... If one 'drug' should be illegal, then why not all? Its not like they are being harsh on salvia in any way, it was just a matter of time untill the government became aware of this 'dangerous new drug'.
It did make me sad to read in that newspaper clipping that hallucinating was a side effect of this drug. Perhaps they should list 'consciousness realisation' as an adverse side effect too.

This is going to seem like a lame and obvious question, but here goes anyway...
What is Salvia? What does it do? Where would one get it from?
Cheers. :)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml
And that proves my previous point - if it wasn't for it being made illegal (and this thread being started) I doubt yonder would have even asked those questions. I'm not saying that you're specifically a "dickhead" as I refered to though! ;) Just saying that there's gunna be a whole lot of people asking exactly those questions who really shouldn't touch the stuff given it's potency...
And also as for your third question, where would one get it from, we can't tell you cos the rule on bluelight is no suppliers are allowed to be listed... :)

*edited*
no posting suppliers. even if it's a vague hint.
[ 08 March 2002: Message edited by: mona ]

phase_dancer has made a valid point, we don't know much about its effects etc. But in response to this I refer to my previous post, not only has it being used for a VERY long time (this in itself no garantee it's safe, but does indicate that salvia isn't going to start killing people left right & centre), but the research chemicals are equally as baffling to us (and have not been used in ancient times), what's more they're synthetic.
I'm certainly not calling for the banning of research chemicals (although its only a matter of time), but rather questioning why Salvia has been targeted in such a way...

^^
Why? Because some beuracrat, 10 years behind the times finally read in some two-bit tabloid that "kids" (and it is always kids, the poor dears) have been getting high off this shit without anyone knowing. Obviously, this presents an opportunity to impress his collegues on which ever tax funded policy advisory board his (or her, lets be nice) fat arse happens to be occupying. Obviously this will involve plenty of credit, recognition in the feild a handy resume reference to help him/her nail another 10 lucrative contract consultancy jobs advising various sectors of government on that nebulous "drug problem." If the fool knew what research chemicals were, then they would be scheduled quickfast... Assuming such a ban didn't contradict WTO agreements as being a "barrier to free trade" because God knows, we cant have that.
Ramble, ramble...
You know the most ironic part? How many people who just read this thread are out to by a kilo of 5x and stash it away because they can? Hey... In a few months it might even be valuable.

What's all the fuss! Who the hell enjoys the shit anyway! It tastes like shit, fucks with ya head and then leaves you feeling detached for ages! Yeah! it makes me wanna have more.....not!
Gee! I wonder if it would still be made illegal if sites like this didn't rave about it?

a few people have said something along the lines of no suppliers allowed to post here, or that no one is allowed to say where you can buy salvia from.
i don't understand why
if we were talking about an illegal drug, fine, discussing supply would probably be illegal, but salvia is not an illegal drug (at least not for 3 or so months), so to talk about suppliers as if they were drug dealers seems a bit premature. you may as well say "don't tell him where the bottle shop is, or he might buy alchol" - it's true, but that dosn't mean you shouldn't tell him where it is.
maybe i've misunderstood something ? i don't know.