Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I can't remember!!!!

Lea

Bluelighter
Two weeks ago a couple of mates and I decided to go on a pub crawl...
We dropped a white heart after three beers, and continued on our way. (stupid I know) After a couple more beers and pubs we returned to the flat with a slab and dropped another one at about 11pm. Now, from about half an hour after dropping the second one, I have only four flashes of memory remaining of the night. Two of people's faces at a nightclub I can't remember going to, one of my boyfriend's voice breaking though to me as I was doing something extremely stupid that I would never do, and I remember walking though the kitchen at about 6am. I woke up at 11am with the worst headache I have ever experienced, an ankle twice the size of the other, an enormous lump on the side of my head (which might attribute to my headache) and a few bruises. Luckily my boyfriend took care of me, but I have no recollection of that night after about 11.30. He said I appeared pretty much with it all night.
I know I was extremely stupid, and I don't normally drink alcohol. Someone told me afterwards that pills cancel the effect of alcohol, but I think that if I hadn't had the pills I would've been passed out drunk, and if I hadn't had the piss, I would've remembered. I didn't touch any spirits, only beer, and apparently not that much.
What is the effect of mixing alcohol and pills? Why can't I remember?
-hope this is in the right forum-

Why can't you remember? You answered your own question:
We dropped a white heart after three beers, and continued on our way. (stupid I know) After a couple more beers and pubs we returned to the flat with a slab and dropped another one at about 11pmNow I'm no expert, but I'd say that there is a fair reason why you wouldn't remember much... ;)
As for the effects of combining alcohol with pills, I remember reading something on erowid about what that does - try searching there... :)

Well, there's this http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=000004
which disputes this statement:
Someone told me afterwards that pills cancel the effect of alcohol,
But subjectively, many people say amphetamines raise their tolerance to alcohol (and other CNS depressants).
As for this:
but I think that if I hadn't had the pills I would've been passed out drunk, and if I hadn't had the piss, I would've remembered your possibly right.
As for why you can't remember, it's called an alcohol blackout. This happens when you drink alot, but you remain concious throughout. The smack on the head wouldn't help your memory either. Did your b/f tell you how you got thr injuries? did you lose conciousness when you banged your head? If so you may have concussion, see http://health.yahoo.com/health/dc/000799/0.html
[ 04 March 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]

Pills by themselves can give you shocking memory gaps. How many people have come home from a large night thinking "yeah that was wicked fun!" and then woken up the next morning remembering only 3 snapshots of the night, and all of them were talking to some wierd in the bathroom instead of the real fun bits.
Alcohol and pills together can be very very good, or they can be nasty. The amphetamine effects from pills can mask the drunken sleepiness, which means you can drink more without getting tired or noticing you're as drunk as you really are. Alcohol is also a diuretic, which means that you lose water, and pills heat you up, exacerbating this effect. This can lead to a *shocking* dehydrated hangover.
There are a few threads around that may help, such as:
E & Alcohol?
BigTrancer :)

Drinking on pills can be great or it can blow and fuck your pill, both things have happened to me!
Speed is really the thing for extended alcohol binges, it totally fun watching everybody get completely slaughtered and still being in a modicum of control. Just make sure you have enough speed to get you past the alcohol comedown, cause if they hit at both the same time, yurr screwed big time!
(Whats tha deal with people who eat pills like possessed little pikachus and have huge misgiving about having speed, chemically they're almost identical. Try explaining the MA bit in MDMA is meth- they're like nah man u wrong- nincompoops!

It's different for everyone it seems, some people lose their memory after drinking and/or pills, some don't. One belief is that it's in how you process thoughts and how spefically you view and remember things blah...
eg. A few ngihts ago I had a half pill, and drank enuf to kill a small african nation... and I remember the whole night, possibly because it was my last night with one of my best maytes for 6months or so and I was enjoying the company and conversation and hence paying close attention to it. Or it could be something else :)

personally, almost without fail, everytime I drink too much then take a pill, I don't have any memory of the night.
If I have pills by themselves, or alcohol by itself, the memory is normally pretty good (well, depends on how much I drink!!). But both and I'm pretty much guaranteed of not remembering much at all.
Kinda defeats the purpose really!

quote:
"I woke up at 11am with the worst headache I have ever experienced, an ankle twice the size of the other, an enormous lump on the side of my head (which might attribute to my headache) and a few bruises. Luckily my boyfriend took care of me..."
now that's some good caretakin'...

I think we find it hard to remember our rolls and peaks cos it all seemed like a dream and they are things u only remember bits of.

Hrmmm, how many times (when out on pills) have your friends said 'and you were doing blah blah blah' and you cannot remember for the life of you?
Compare with how many times this occurs when looking back on a night out on alcohol.
For me at least I've never had it occur with pills, I can always remember, not nessecarily as well as usual, and sometimes only with prompting.

Well, my ankle, and I think the lump on my head, was from a fall down some stairs I apparently had....and apparently I impressed everyone by saving my beer.
The worst outcome from this night, and now a major dilemma for me, is that now my boyfriend doesn't want anything to do with any drugs, doesn't want to hear any of the music, and never wants to go near a rave again. And also doesn't want to associate with anyone who does any of those things either. This is because of something that happened that shouldn't have, and that would't have. (ok, he caught me and the other guy pashing in the bathroom, lets call the other guy DJ....cos he is 1.) My boyfriend is the kind of guy that places very strong values on the intamacy of kissing, and he feels it is very sacred. Something I am not about to dispute with him. Because I have no recollection of that night I am toatally confused, upset, and pissed off that it could even happen. Apart from the loss of DJ as a mate, which i'm pretty sad about, I have a huge choice ahead of it me, it seems: Him who I love, or the scene (sorry, I hate that word too) that I love. Because we've just moved to a new place and don't know too many people it'd be easy to break away from it all, but I just don't want to.
Sorry, this probably belongs in a different forum now, but as you can all hopefully see, I'm pretty tangled right now.
But thanks for all the links, and opinions about alcohol & E, it's good to know that it does happen. That night just hasn't put me off E etc. like it has my boyfriend. I'm just sad and confused.
Wish I could turn back the clock.