Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

methadone + e

turk182

Bluelighter
Hi.
pretty much every pill I've taken whilst being on methadone has been not so fun. after about 1-2 hours i'll be really sweaty, nauseous,,, feeling heaps weak and usually have to lie down for the duration of the pill. is there anyway to alieve this, 5-htp perhaps? i don't really know too much about it.
Thanks in advance,
jes

For the love of God don't start taking 5htp with MDMA! *calms down slightly* This could be really dangerous for you, and could lead to serotonin syndrome. Methadone inhibits the enzyme called CYP2D6 in your liver that is responsible for most of the metabolism of MDMA. This means that for you, the levels of MDMA will rise and rise in your bloodstream, as it can't be broken down properly. Eventually, it will get brokendown by the second enzyme involved, which is CYP3A4, but this takes a while longer.
If anything you need to take significantly smaller amounts of MDMA than the average bear, to get the same effects they would from a higher amount. You could easily get very sick from taking a normal dose of MDMA, and I think you have been lucky so far. The symptoms you describe are consistent with this explanation (basically being and MDMA OD caused by inability to break it down). At least one person has died from taking a drug that inhibits CYP2D6 (called ritonavir) with MDMA. (In that case the levels of the pill were multiplied by 10 in his bloodstream!).
If you feel you must take MDMA despite these risks, please take a super small dose like an 1/8 of a pill. Note that whatever amount you take could be multiplied by as much as 10 times in your bloodstream. You can always take more later if it isn't enough, but you can't take less. If this is unclear or sounds like BS, I'll give you some references, but please trust me on this one- taking a normal dose of MDMA is seriously dangerous for you.
[ 27 February 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]

Please listen to what babydoc says. You must be careful not to indiscriminately mix drugs which compete for the same enzymes or cytochromes (CYP2D6 etc.) during metabolism.
This may be done in specific cases in medicine, but that’s another thing altogether.
Remember if a substance has a greater affinity for CYP2D6 (more competitive binding) it means as babydoc has indicated, your plasma levels of the least competitive substance are higher for longer. With MDMA this means neurotoxicity is also increased.
Serotonin syndrome is a ghastly disorder, if it doesn't kill you, you may wish you had died. Be careful with 5HTP. SS is always a worry of mine, after a friend suffered what I believe was this disorder.
Always ask here or Health Q&A before you go for a "new substance combination"