Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fantasy, juice, K & GHB?

2 of Cups

Bluelighter
Just a quick question... I've heard fantasy/juice/G also being called K. Is this related to or the same thing as Ketamine?? Or is it just another colloquial name?
Ta,
Cups

If 'fantasy' and 'juice' are usually used to refer to 'G' as in GHB or 1,4B, then that is definitely a different chemical to K, or ketamine.
GHB and ketamine are completely different chemicals, with completely different effects, dose ranges, methods of administration and durations of effect.
www.erowid.org --> Plants & Drugs --> GHB Vault
www.erowid.org --> Plants & Drugs --> Ketamine Vault
BigTrancer :)

Thanks BigTrancer, this is what I thought. I was talking with my sister, who was saying Juice and fantasy are the same thing, but we weren't sure if GHB was the same as both of them, and also if K wasn't also called Fantasy *phew*.
I can't find anything about fantasy or juice anywhere, so maybe they're local names.
But I was pretty sure K wasn't related to any of them, so thanks for settling the argument for me!
Cups :)

Fanta or Fantasy is very much what it is called in Brisbane and Gold Coast.
I very much disagree with drug slang however. Not only is it often poor attempts by dealers to confuse or add mystique to the drug, it also creates confusion amongst the population.
And in many cases people do not even realise what they are taking...

And everybody remember GHB + K = possible death or least very unpleasant, also never mix G with any depressants and only a tiny bitta weed.

yep tabernacle - i can 2nd that.
was on a holiday with no net access to check the danger of the combo and a suitcase a bit like the fear and loathing one. Once i was farked i stupidly forgot about being unsure about the combo and scared my g/f repeatedly passing out whenever i got up.

Personally speaking ive never had any trouble with the combo.. Actually quite fun (if you like eye wobbles), and many people i know often use this combo without any trouble.. (though of coarse we are carefull) ..
Though this is just me and i would't recommend anyone do anything there not sure about.
Chem

K + G in small carefully measured doses is my favourite combo... I've never heard about it being significantly dangerous, and I've never encountered any problems. I can see how it could be bad in higher doses, but can someone explain/point me in the direction of info concerning any dangers with this combo.

From Erowid Ketamine FAQ:
Interactively, Ketamine should not be used with respiratory depressants, primarily alcohol, barbituates, and Valium.
One would presume that GHB falls into the category of respiratory depressants (or rather more correctly CNS depressants).
Whatever [GHB] side effects may be noted, they are often much more severe when GHB is combined with other central nervous system depressants [referenced]
This quote indicates that downers exacerbate the side-effects of GHB, as does the following quote from the Contraindications section of the same GHB FAQ.
GHB should not be used with benzodiazepines ("minor tranquilizers" such as Valium and Xanax), phenothiazines ("major tranquilizers" like Thorazine and Stellazine), various painkillers (barbiturates and opiates), alcohol, anticonvulsants (Dilantin and phenobarbital) and even many over-the-counter allergy and sleep remedies--without direct medical supervision.
It's very much a case of avoiding things that normally make you sleepy or slow you down, when taking GHB. Falling into an unrouseable sleep in public can be a nuisance, but sedating yourself to the point where you stop breathing is another issue entirely.

I'd like to add that for both substances it is way too easy to go over the required doses, filling a measuring cup while you're hands are numb as, or getting the bumping spoon up to your nose while you feel like an absolute G whore. I'm stickin clear of this one, rather go the K + liquid aaaccccciiiiidddd
[ 26 February 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

I'd like to add that for both substances it is way too easy to go over the required doses, filling a measuring cup while you're hands are numb
Um, well ive never had trouble.. Spose it all depends on how stupid/careless you are.. Not saying ive never taken things to far.. But if i have, I intended to when i dosed.
Two depressants are never super safe together, but i dont think K (for me), seems to depress my breathing very much...It dissacociates.. ANyway.. Each to there own.. As i said, I wouldn't recommend anyone playing with this area, kinda like playing with benzo's and grog...

True, true Chem.
I'll just never do this one after i saw this girl get carted off to hospital on this combo, i wonder what happened to her?

hmm it's late and i can't be arsed looking it up (will do tomorrow) but isn't ketamine used as an anesthetic with old people and children because it doesn't depress the cardio-vaacular system?
i might have that arse about...

Ketamine acts as a 'safe' anaesthetic (in a hospital sense) because it blocks nerve pathways without depressing respiratory and circulatory functions. Basically it's used when surgery requires relaxation of the skeletal muscles but not the cough/gag reflex, I beleive.