Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When does the comedown really start !

grabsex&bmx

Bluelighter
I believe in this world that when you choose your drug you choose your comedown however with pills you never know when this may be !
Alcohol - by the end of the night,
Speed - always around two days after you have stopped using,
Mull - as soon as you start smoking
But with pills as soon as you swallow the lollie then you never know when you are going to experience your comedown.
It seems now days that with some pills you can be positive and stable for many days after and it can hit you as late as friday in the week where as there have been pills recently that have brought you down as soon as the peak has been overcome.
The old rule of rolling on the Saturday will lead to a comedown on a Tuesday is no longer the case.
This becomes quite hard when you are holding down a stable job and a stable home life, it seems that partying is becoming a little bit more difficult than it used to be !!
Anyone else experience this at all !!

i beleive it has a heap to do with the amount of speed/meth in your pill.
Try a cap i bet you don't get a comedown like your used to with normal pills cause there is no speed in it. :)
be safe,
Rob.
On this topic...are there any comedown effects from DXM? i feel like my heart is still beating a little fast and i feel slightly hot. I had 115mg of dxm on friday night....

Comdown?? what's a comedown??
Pure MDMA - 5HTP - Sleep - Wake up like nothing happened!!!
gotta love that!!

RobE, i havent really experienced any comedown effects from DXM per se... but i am very careful what i eat, drink and take when im done. (after i have woken up)
i dont know if anyone else has had this, but back when i had my first DXM experience, i had a few drags of a cigarette the day afterwards, and it was as if i had never smoked a cig in my life... coughing headspins and bleeeeeeeeagh... then i found that my drugs also worked better after the dxm experience (many weeks later of course)
i now swear that it reduces my tolerance... has anyone else had this effect???
on the subject of comedowns... i get comedowns depending upon the amount of stress in my life at the time...
if im happy and content and generally ok... im fine and dandy...
if im pissy and annoyed and stressed and generally wish everyone would go away... comedown central.
Lifes like that though...
Andromeda :)

RobE: There are definitely comedown type effects from most drugs, and the effects you describe are quite common for the day or two after DXM use. You may even find that you have jaw clenching and muscle tension persisting too.
While I say that these effects are 'common' that is not to say that they are 'normal' or 'safe'. Surely the fact that your body is misbehaving for a couple of days post-drug use is enough to make you realise that it's unwise to do DXM too often.
DXM does play havoc with people's tolerance levels also, as mentioned in the FAQ on Erowid. Thus if you're an opiate user, for example, and have been using for a while, DXM may reduce your tolerance to the point where your current 'normal' dose level becomes dangerously high.
A friend of mine suffered a mild heart attack on Saturday night after taking DXM and speed together. The people at the hospital said that the DXM and speed probably taxed her heart too much, though whether she was predisposed to heart failure I am unaware. I include this anecdote as a cautionary tale, because I can see DXM use becoming more widespread among Bluelighters, and I wish that people would take care.
BigTrancer :)

a few months back i was told by a doc that i had an overactive thyroid gland which result in many things being screwed with, including heart rate and metabolism(high)
i was given some natural stuff which fixed me up fine. The main problem is that my heart would miss a beat every now and then. I basically started building up anxiety around it. And if i even thought my heart had missed i would get sweaty, my heart would race and i would get a little dizzy.
Anyway, it was all sorted out, although the day after dxm i sware my heart began stopping again just as i nodded off to sleep. The anxiety was getting worse and worse as a result..... :(
I hope it hasn't screwed me up any more than i already was. I think its ok now, although i might go get my thyroid checked out before trying dxm again(if at all)
Who knows what these drugs we take do to our brain....let alone problems resulting from screwy signals being passed to other glands, which in turn also control vital organs. Eg Brain controlling---> tyroid controlling---> heart rate
make sense?
im freeken out, need to stop stressing :(
i haven't even taken anything to reduce my seretonin in the past month...

Guys,
All well and good explaining the positives and negatives of using DXM but I started this topic in order to discover why there is such a wide variety of comedown times with pills nowdays not whether to drink cough medicine or not !!

Fair enough, point taken - maybe the comedown time varies between pills so much because the pills themselves vary so much... also the setup of your body, your state of health, hydration, frequency of drug use and mood at the time can all have an effect.
BigTrancer :)