Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legalities surrounding Mushrooms

verdi

Bluelighter
does anybody know what is the exact laws on mshrooms? posession/consumption?
(just changed the title :) )
[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: mona ]

I dont know - sorry.... change your post title to something like "mushroom laws" and {your state}. You will get a much better response.

This is what I heard....
I know of someone that knows paddocks near Brisbane where he picks them when they are in season. Cops also know of these fields and then patrol them occasionally. Anyway someone this guy knew got busted and they charge you with "attempted suicide" -WTF!! and fine you $30<---that's what the cops think you are worth.
If the mushrooms are fresh and not prepared for comsumption (i.e. dried or psilocybin extracted) then it's legal. Cops will bully you if they see you picking them and will be arseholes in general just because they can and their job is so boring, they get off on these little things. Don't mind them they're simple.
It's funny how they can't make mushrooms illegal because they can't control their growth. haha suck shit pigger. Yes that's you reading this, porkchop.
You can't win the war.

Classifying by legal status
Most people know which drugs are illegal, although the legal status of a drug is not always simple. Most "legal" drugs are subject to restrictions and controls, which affect their availability, quality and price. For example, it is against the law for a pharmacist to supply prescription drugs to a person who does not have a doctor's prescription. It is also illegal to sell tobacco and alcohol to people under 18 years of age.
Possession of some drugs that grow naturally is illegal. Examples include magic mushrooms and datura. Both are potent hallucinogens.
From the Australian Drug Foundation website: http://www.adf.org.au/drughit/info.html
But the confidence of this statement is undermined by the final sentence in my next quote, which hints that their information may be out of date.
At present in Victoria, penalties range from a $2,000 fine and/or one year imprisonment for cultivation (if the court is satisfied that the offence is not related to trafficking), $3,000 and/or one year's imprisonment for possession/use (not relating to trafficking) to fines of up to $250,000 and/or 25 years imprisonment for commercial trafficking.
The laws in relation to possession and using a small amount of hallucinogens are scheduled to change in early 2000.
From Australian Drug Foundation Hallucinogen page: http://www.adf.org.au/drughit/facts/hdayha.html
Basically if you get busted with what a policeman thinks are drugs, you're busted for drugs. It's all semantics from then on in, and I gather that cultivating or possessing psilocybin mushrooms for anything other than consumption would be tough to prove.
BigTrancer :)
[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]