• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Which Second Generation E tester do you recommend?

pinger

Bluelighter
My old EZ test has finally run out, and I am looking to get one of the new 2nd Generation testers. (ie E2, EZ Supreme etc)
Which of the few out there would you recommend?
I recognise some people may have vested interests, but I would prefer to hear everyones opinions and experiences on what they see as the superior tester in terms of results, and determination of adulterants for Australian ecstasy tests. (Note, for this reason I consider the Dancesafe Mecke test inferior, but feel free to challenge this if so).
Cheers

Any of the mandelin, marquis, robadobe, and simon's reagents that are available are excellent, grab all four to have the ultimate test.
EZ-Test Extreme and Maruquis + Mandelin will give you all the required testers to test for a range of chemicals.
Store in a cool, dry place.

Marquis is a given I take it? You have to start with this one, especially in Australia. You know I agree with you on the Mecke issue. It's far too limited, and foolable, for Australian conditions.
Personally i think the best kit, or combination of kits rather, is an EZ Test Xtreme + a Mandelin tester. This is quite expensive (total cost around $70-80) but it will do practically everything. Xtreme does have Marquis in it, they call it EZ Test Classic.
[ 15 February 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Krusty fully endorse Johnboy's product or service. ;)
Just for everyone's reference lets put a bit of a glossery up.
Marquis reagent. Known as E1, Ez-test classic, Dancesafe (classic), Green Party etc. It is also present in the EZ-Test Extreme kit. The is the orginal test. Does MDXX, speed, 2CB, optiates, DXM. Will not react with Ketamine or PMA. If you can only afford one tester - this is the one to get. You aren't going to consume something that does not test purple->black are you?)
Mandelin reagent. Known as E2. Very useful and relevent for Australia. Does MDXX, MDA(hard to pick) PMA, ketamine, speed (only if strong sample - however a good reaction can be given as being indicitive of such strength)
Simon's Reagent: Was known as EZ-Test Supreme. Now included in EZ-Test Extreme kit. This is used after generally a marquis test to differenciate secondary amines. Will turn a sample dark blue in the presense of methamphetamine and will not react with just amphetamine. Useful if you want to know if a sample is MDMA or MDA, or methamphetamine or amphetamine.
Robadope Reagent: Included in the EZ-Test Extreme kit. This is like Simon's but for primary amines. ie will react with amphetamine but not methamphetamine, and MDA but not MDMA. Supposedly there is some value in this ie PMA will react in an MDMA/PMA mix, but chances are you would get a MDMA/MDA mix rather than something with PMA in it. It would be interesting to test some of their weirder Australian pills where the effects are such you really can't 100% say it was set and setting even though you had a purple->black reaction with Marquis or Mandelin.
Mecke: Sold only through dancesafe, this test (as said on the website) does a good differenciation test between DXM and MDMA. Will also test up 2CT7. Not really needed here. It is sold in the US where there is a greater problem with DXM in pills. It says on the website it is a superior test - it isn't really for general use and not really relevent for Australia. Marquis adequately tests for DXM.
Summery:
Firstly - Marquis is really important. Its the only one that can do a real sensitive speed test. It will react to trace amounts of speed where E2 (Mandelin) will won't. Reacts well to MDxx, will enable you to quickly do the all important (say it after me kids) "If it doesn't go black - throw it back".
Mandelin is also really useful in Australia if you want to take it a step futher. Will test for Ketamine and PMA, as well as a 'second' check against marquis and somewhat a strength indicator of speed.
Simons is useful for doing the meth/amphetamine differenciation in MDxx and speed for those connoisseurs among us (or drug pigs depending on what suburb you live in).
Therefore: Buy yourself a Mandelin kit locally, and order the EZ-Test Extreme from www.eztest.com.

Just clarifying: a positive reaction to Simons and Robadope does not mean u have meth or amphetamine etc; it means u have a SECONDARY or PRIMARY amine.
It could be ANYTHING!
But obviously if u have a positive orange or purple reaction with Marquis then its virtually certain the amine chemicals u have are amphetamine or MDXX ones.
Supreme along with Mandelin is great for PMA. PMA can technically be detected with Mandelin only but a colourless reaction with Marquis and positive reaction to Robadope confirms this.
The combinations possible with these testers is very high and its a shame the majority of people dont have them; its not as good as a lab test obviously but it can narrow the possibilities down extremely well. An ongoing database of Australian pills tested with all 4 testers (Marquis, Mandelin, Simons, Robadope) would be beneficial and very very interesting.

^^^ well enlighten has a lot of results of Marquis/Mandelin that are yet to be put online. we now have access to Simon's, Mecke and Robadope so we could test with all of them. alas at the events where we etst we usually only have time for two tests.

Thanks Soma for that info about testing methamphetamine v's amphetamine. I didn't know how to differentiate the difference between the two until now.
Would you or anyone else know of anything that tests whether there are any nasty additives in cocaine - or the quality of the cocaine powder?

You can test the purity of cocaine by freebasing it with bicarbonated soda.
The basics of the process (for specific recipes and ratios search the net, there are many) are that you take street coke and mix with hot water and bicarb soda. If you get the ratios right then freebase crack will precipitate and from the dried weight of this you can calculate the purity of your cocaine.
Street coke is usually 30-40% pure. Any less, you're being stiffed, any more and you should be thinking yourself very lucky.
BigTrancer :)

Thanks BigTrancer - i've read up about 'freebasing' coke, but i've only eva read that it's done to turn into crack. Hmmm. I'll do some searchin in other drugs forum.
Cheers