Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SALVIA Vs DMT

whip

Bluelighter
I have never tried DMT and was wondering what the effects compaired to those obtained from salvia would be.
I found salvia to be a very powerful mind altering exprience.
how would DMT Compaire to this ?
simmilar ? completely different ?
thanx

I've never done either, so what I'm saying is based on things I've read and things people that have tried both have told me.
DMT is apparantly a much more intense experience. I also think that it's a much harsher smoke and keeping it in your lungs long enough is really hard, compared with salvia which most people seem to find no harsher then pot.
Anyway, here's a couple of links to erowid which might help:
Salvia Divinorum Vault
DMT Vault
Also try searching in our own Psychedelic Drugs forum, as there should be tons of information in there... :)

dont smoke DMT inside ur home as it is a very
disgusting, potent smell. YUK.
make sure ur outside.

Pleo : I have done a fair amount of research on erowid ond other relating sites I didn't think of searching the Drug forum though.
thanks for the info
has anyone had a first hand exprience ???

I cannot tell you from personal experience but I recall reading a report at erowid a long time ago comparing the two. Well as I searched for that report I also came upon some other interesting comparisons you may find useful(all experience reports from erowid).
One thing that you must know before taking this drug, it is unlike anything else in the world, it will definately change the way you look at drugs, and from what i understand unless you've taken dmt, there is no way that you can be prepared for how emotional and spiritually moving this drug is, it touches you in a way no other does. Truly a trip to cherish.
i have tried DMT a few times and although it is stronger visually than salvia Dmt at least has an on set quick it may be but wow salvia just grabs you instead and you have know idea what the hell is going on until it spits you out the other side.
I have taken many drugs before Pills Acid ketamine mescaline DMT but this was much more intesnse than any of them.
And finally the report I was after:
She insists that the Salvia trip is one of the big ones of her life, right up there with the mushroom, bigger than DMT........ Having done both, Star puts DMT more on the level of the mushroom, and Salvia in a unique class of its own; the Salvia being much more powerful!

i can speak from experience here...
both of these drugs are extremely powerful psychoactives. treat them accordingly... keep this in mind: if you haven't had acid, or don't think you can handle acid, steer well clear of dmt, and be cautious with salvia.
dmt is the top of the chain. of everything. it is the most amazing, blissful, frightening, awakening, intoxicating, respectable substance on this planet... in my opinion.
salvia is different... it has the same qualities of dmt in that it removes anything you may use to reference with reality from your senses and bombards them with things of it's own. but many users report it as less intense...
salvia can be a stronger experience than dmt. tolerance to whatever the active content in salvia leaves is lessens as you smoke more. that's why many first time smokers don't get any effect from it, or sometimes just a little. some people take up to ten attempts to get any effects from it... this is because their tolerance is lowing to it, slowly. people who have smoked a lot of it *looks at paranorma* find that a single cone of salvia can put them somewhere dmt can't.
granted - you can simply up your dose of dmt, or move to 5-meo-dmt, and salvia will be left behind again.
the point i'm making is not to underestimate salvia, nor to rule it above dmt simply because it is, by the book, more intense. with lowering tolerances, it can only get more and more potent, and i imagine if someone smokes enough of it, they'll get to the point where a single cone might be powerful enough to send them insane.
i'd like to know just how far salvia can take us... but i'm scared to find out.
i personally favour dmt. "chemical bliss"
hope i've helped
:)
[edit]
i didn't answer your question... dmt is a much more intense experience, given that you haven't smoked a hay stack of salvia. if i dose properly on dmt (smoking it is a fucking art form, yes, it's quite tricky to get it right...) i find it 10 000 times as visual and much more incapacitating. with salvia, i am able to remember who i am, where i am, etc. on dmt such things don't exist. your ego, your character, your conscience, your legs, whereever you are you are, everything you've learned and ever known is pulled away from you and vapourised in an instant as you enter 'hyperspace'. you'll probably feel like / think you're dieing as these feelings set in... i'll prepare you for it (anyone can do this, really, it's quite easy)
you're not prepared
:)
[ 15 February 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

Apollo I have had salvia about 25 times (just a guess) and you were 100% correct the first 4-5 cones I ever had did nothing at all.....then i packed a massive cone a few days after this trying to get the feeling and....BAM
I was in another place for about 10min then my skin was onfire(not literally just burning) for about another 20min. Very intense
Hmmmm sounds like a very intense exprience from what you people have said.
I have had acid only 2 times but had many many nights on 600mg of DXM hmm i wonder if i'm ready for DMT

sounds to me like you'll be ok :)
i think i had dmt before having enough experience with psychadelics... i get weary thinking about some poor kid giving himself psychological problems by diving in too deep with dmt, but you sound like a psychonaught/one in the making, so in my opinion, go for it son :)
note; i am not encouraging you to smoke dmt ;)

Apollo: Hmmm i think i'm still gunna wait a while before trying DMT :) only because the dude that offered it to me seems fairly messed up...
thanks for all the info people it helped me make an educated decision :)

I recently smoked some salvia, the first few cones i pulled through a water pipe, to my suprise noting really happened, the salvia was 6X and was an import from the U.S... anyways i decided to smoke some through a normal dry pipe, this made a slight difference, but nothing mind blowing, my question is!!!, is it me, or my method of consumtion, or do i possably need something stronger, like 10x?????
Any info on methods of smoking salvia would be apprechiated and amounts would also be great too...
thanks in advance!!! :)
[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: RuSty ]

Some people maintain that salvia is best smoked with a jet lighter, and that a normal lighter flame is not hot enough to vaporise salvinorin-a. This may explain why people have limited success with a normal lighter and a bong for smoking salvia.
BigTrancer :)

if salvia is legal.. can it just be obtained over the counter in australia? (at a health shop or something similar?)

Yes, it is legal to buy/smoke (as far as i'm aware) in Aust.
It can't be obtained at your regular health shop...
not gonna post any links ETC...rules of BL :)
Have heard it can be obtained over the internet ;)
If you find a place selling it...and your not used to psychedelic drugs, and they are selling both the leaf and the extract, would only recomemend (sp?) getting at most 5x Extract. If smoked properly, 1-2 cones out of a water bong will be more then enough.
That said...when i first tried the leaf, i had to smoke 6 or so hits on a bong to get suitable effects...
always use in moderation, this is a strong substance.
Hope this has helped.
aNt
[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: aNt^ ]

Not a health shop. But ask any hippy type place in your area. Maybe even a tobacco shop, or any place you can buy bongs.
[ 19 February 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]

This did not happen to me personally
but when 2 of my friends first smoked salvia they could not stop saliva from pouring from their mouth it was quite funny for me(still coming down) and they had no memory of it at all.
this was the first and only time they have had salvia.
has anyone else exprienced anything like this ??

LOL loss of mouth muscle control will do that. A friend of mine was having salvia and the spit dribbled down his chin, and when he woke up later he said that he had felt it run down his chin, quite cold, and he couldn't do anything to stop it... but when it got to the end of his chin and dripped onto his chest, the line of saliva turned into a huge rip that spread up and down his body, splitting him in half - and then he melted into two halves of the chair he was sitting on and the rest of it didn't make much sense.
BigTrancer :)

love moments like that BT :)
especially when the person has a look of awe on their face as they describe it, and "fuck" is every second word :)