Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushie Huntin'

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
Hey all, there never seems to be any shroom related posts on here. Thought I might start one. What kind of mushrooms do you find in your area? The ones we get here (North NSW) are gold tops (that turn blue when picked) which i believe are Psilocybe Cubensis? If not could someone correct me. Anyway, recently there has been alot more other mushrooms growing in cow shit, ones that are white and have a slight brown centered top. I went to grab one and the cap fell off, then noticed that the caps were very easy to break off, but the mushroom looks pretty healthy.
Anyone have an idea what these ones are? (They didn't seem to turn blue) And if there are any other types of shrooms around North East NSW / South East QLD ?

In Vic so can't really help you, but if it don't go blue then it's best not to eat it, thatz what i was told by my schroomer mates whose school used to be infested with cubensis. The whole school was eventually trippin even the year 7s. What's the best time for mushie hunting i thought it was after the first frost, except more recently i was told that late winter was the best time?
[Edit: Please don't ask where to find shit - BigTrancer]
[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Check the shroomery and erowid for tips and info. Apart from telling you its the wrong time of year, I can't really be any more help.

Hmm... people have accused me in the past of being too draconian with mushroom and botanicals posts (hehe ;) tranquilo) however anyone who knows me will tell you that I just love the damn things.
However the difficulty with posts on here is that there's just not much to mushrooms. Once you find em, you eat em, in whatever dose is appropriate for you. Invariably most posts that appear here turn into veiled requests for hookups or grey-area requests for where to get spores, growing materials etcetera. I'm perfectly happy to entertain any esoteric discussions of mushroom effects or dosage at all, even recipes and trip reports are welcomed.
However, please keep all information factual, and to the point. Bluelight, as always, is an information resource, and we're not here to provide directions on how to obtain anything, legal or otherwise. There are many other sites online that allow you to purchase spores, growing materials, books on identifying mushrooms and so on. Please avoid listing the sites or vendors for these products here though.
There's a decent mushroom identification guide on Erowid that's specific to the Australian climate, and there is also a lot of information at the Shroomery. (If you can't find links for these, they should appear on Google with a quick search).
Thanks, BigTrancer :)

Being the always well-researched individual that i am, on several occasions i have consumed mushies other than cubensis. Liberty caps (white thin stalks with a thin but tall cap, and another variety i don't know the name of - but is similar to gold caps.
Have tripped off both without death or poisoning.
Plague Bearer - books may tell you its the wrong time of year but i can tell you differently ;) . Although you definately get better results at the end and start of summer.
As for recipes - boil em up into tea... make it quite potent, add sugar and honey to taste. Going as a rough guide, about 6 golden caps with a cap the size of your thumb meeting your index finger size will get you tripping.
If you don't like the taste of tea (i quite enjoy it), you can boil the mushie jism down to a very small amount of liquid and then mix shotglasses full into coffee and chug it.
Haven't eaten the mushies yet.. but it's only a matter of time.

I thought psilocybin and psilocin broke down at boiling temperatures. They would astill work, but wouldn't be as potent as freshly eaten. On both times I had gold tops, I just ate them after a wash off.
What is a spore-print ? Some people have asked if i had a spore print of the mushroom i was talking about for further identification.

A spore print can help to identify a mushroom:
http://www.ilmyco.gen.chicago.il.us/Terms/spore494.html
If you leave the cap of a mushroom with gills facing downward over a piece of foil or paper, the spores will fall out onto the paper, leaving a print. From this the colour of the spores can be determined if sufficient spores are deposited.
BigTrancer :)

Excuse me did i actually ask where to find mushrooms?- no i didn't! As a matter of fact i already know where to find them and that doing so is against bluelight rules. If you want to make people snakey your're going the right way about it- accusing people of shit they didn't even do! If you wanted to tell people not to ask for drugs please do it in your own posts!
I know i'm being a madipantat but had a bad day at work! Sorry :)

I think the original post was asking where and BT was just throwing a response in to counter the original post, not to go at you but to remind the original thread opener :)

if this is so, then i apologise BT can we still be Bungs? (look it up in the Kamus Lengkap)

firstly magic mushrooms are NOT the only mushrooms growing in paddocks.
SUMMER (approx nov-march): best place to find magic mushies is in mainly north NSW & QLD. they are found all over the place however, even down in tasmania.
most common ones in summer are psilocybe cubensis (dose starting from about 1g dried) and copeandia cyaneceans (blue meanies) (dose starting from 4 average size mushrooms. recommend about 7-10). both are found growing out of old cow shit or heavily manured grass. note that toxic shrooms ALSO grow out of cow shit.
both turn blue when handled. cope cyaneceans go black after extensive handling. the blueing reaction is related to the psilocyin or psilocybin reacting with oxygen. psilocyin is the drug which makes u trip. psilocybin turns into psilocyin in your body.
take a spore print with white paper (so as to correctly tell the colour of the spores).
p. cubies (gold tops) should have purple-jet black spore prints.
cope cyans have black sporeprints.
also not all mushrooms with these sporeprints are magic. there are some macroscopically similar shrooms with black spore prints which are not magic.
WINTER(approx may-early july): best place to find magic mushrooms is in NSW, victoria or tasmania. im unsure about other states. the magic variety in winter are wood-species. there are psilocybe australiana, p. tasmania, p. cyanaceans, etc,
these species are some of the most potent in the world with doses starting at about 0.2g dried.
once again take a spore print and look for other characteristics. there are many poisnonous wood mushrooms.
best time to go mushrooms picking is 1-3 days after heavy rain.
mushroom tea's work fine, just let the kettle cool for 5 minutes or so after boiling. tea comes on faster, stronger, but the trip is shorter. 5-6 hrs.
chewing mushrooms heavily and swallowing is nice. trip comes on slower (nicer in my opinion) and lasts longer. 6-8 hrs.
swallowing mushrooms whole comes on very slowly (in my experience 1.5 hr+) and lasts quite along time. 6-8hrs. of course times will very considering empty stomach etc...
it is best to eat mushrooms after fasting for 6 hrs or so as you will get less sickness.
link to some mushroom sites where all this info has been sourced over time.
http://www.shroomery.org
for australia or NZ: http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/magic_mushrooms_aunz/magic_mushrooms_aunz.shtml
FINALLY BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN MUSHROOM PICKING. to a beginner all mushrooms look the same, and you can die easily from incorrectly identifying a mushroom. do not rely on the above information soley. but research yourself. poisonous mushrooms grow in the same place as magic mushrooms so do NOT eat them unless you are 100% sure that are what you want. liver failure from poisoning can occur within 2 hrs (to 4 days) of eating the incorrect mushroom. people have and do die from incorrectly picking.
the shroomery is a great source of information and if u can, post a picture of the mushrooms u picked in the forum and people will make an attempt to identify them.
[ 26 February 2002: Message edited by: surrealthoughts ]

the first full moon after the winter soltice is the best time to look for shrooms in the south of w.a. Had 300 raw shrooms between four in a day. didnt feel that trippy jus colours were brighter and felt euphoric. my mate coodnt stop head butting ppl though. maybe he was insane

Was told that the mushrooms (tall white ones in shit) I was wondering about are called Panaeolus Amartilla aka hysteria mushrooms and aren't toxic, but they aren't psychoactive either.