Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A thank you to those who do more than just party

SupaspeeD

Bluelighter
Just a massive thumbs-up to those involved in enlighten, ravesafe, etc who give so much more back to the scene/drug community than they take out.
Having just read the enlighten booklet i must say that it is fucking fantastic and my kudos goes to those involved in its formulation.
My thanks also goes to the moderators, the people who have written FAQs and those who have helped with pill testing and the push for greater knowledge in the media - you are the real heros of the drug community.
The safety, knowledge and concern provided for punters is often ignored, ridiculed or undervalued - i hope that one day everyone will recognise the valuable contribution you all make.
Thank you very much,
Liam (keep fighting the good fight!! :) )

here , here! I'd like to add that how
unreal it is to read posts and have not 1
but 5 or 6 bluelighters asking "do u have test kit?" ;) keep it up guys!

After having a couple of enlightening experiences preventing people from seriously overdosing and forcing friends to call an ambulance when they were at a party and a chap suffered from what sounded like GHB + Alcohol... I realised that I'd really like to help.
As soon as this (opposites sketch) great summerschool subject is over I'll be trying to join ravesafe. If someone out there is already a member or knows any more about it than I do can they message or email me. I wanna give some stuff back.
------------------
Do unto others before they do unto you

Thanks everyone. If you live in Brisbane or North of, you can contact Jade or me at [email protected] We will be conducting the next Peer Helper Training course around mid April.
If you're on the Gold Coast contact Angela at [email protected] This crew are planning to set up a local chapter of RaveSafe.
If you're in Sydney, try Adam on [email protected]. Adam is also trying to set up a RaveSafe group. Your support will assist him greatly.
Sorry I don't have current addresses for other states.
Michael

And if your interested in Testing Pills at clubs/events then please contact [email protected] and either myself or one of the other guys will halp you out.

I'd like to add my vote of thanks for the hard work done by Code Blue, and in particular the guys at Enlighten Harm Reduction. Many times I've seen these guys at events tirelessly testing pill after pill and meticulously recording and explaining the results over and over again.
Such volunteer efforts are greatly appreciated and are instrumental in making people change the way they think about pills. Many people are not even aware that different kinds of chemicals can be put into pills, and testing stands such as Enlighten-HR help to wake people up to this.
Fantastic work from all those involved in Harm Minimisation.
BigTrancer :)

HARDUP (Hep C And Recreational Drug User Project) are also looking for volunteers in the Brisbane area at the moment. This project is a part of QuIVAA (Queensland Intravenous Aids Association) and is committed to reducing drug related harm. We deal primariliy with injecting drug use, however, we also provide information and support for all drug users at dance p[arties and events around Brisbane.
Our next training session (Amphetamine Awareness) is on next Tuesday the 19th @ 6pm...If you'd like to come, please email us in advance at [email protected]

as airwalk said, if you're interested in becoming involved with the harm reduction side of things, dont hesitate to contact one of us.
first meeting for the year tonight :)