Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bad Tasting Acid

anfalicious

Bluelighter
Now, friends had some blotter acid the other day, and he said it tasted really bad. Also that it did nothing at all.
So I've just had some, and I concur, it does taste FUCKING awful, kinda like a chemically taste like 1,4b. Only had it a few minutes ago, so don't know about any effects yet.
What I want to know is a) is there any way acid could have taste (ie. it's gone off or something) and b) does anyone know what it could have been on the paper?
Oh yeah, and I realise that acid does have taste but it's too little to realise, so please no smart arse comments :p

rat poison tastes bad ;)
i don't think our taste buds are capable of tasting things in quantaties as small as 50-300ug...

I dont know why someone would bother putting something on it that doesnt work tho... they'd be better just selling the plain sheets.
I have a feeling somethings been spilt on them.
Oh yeah, just had a 2nd one...

I had some trips(optical illusion's) like this about a month ago.
I took 3,they tasted like crap and did absolutely nothing.I think your point about something being spilt sounds about right.If you ask some idiots they'll tell you it's speed based(yeah right).Even better is when someone tells you that it's strychnine and the reason you trip is that your sick! :)
Anyways i'm off to the shop to get some ratsak ;)

There are a couple of analogues that can be produced with the traditional synthesis. They would only be present in tiny amounts but they may have a taste.
One often produced side reaction product is iso-LSD, a diastereomer (a non-mirror image stereo-isomer) of LSD. It is active, but much less so than dLSD.
More likely is that the taste is due to contamination from other vessels, or a solvent.
Or perhaps it is ALD-52. Can’t find any MSDS info so I don't know whether or not it has a taste.
From the LSD FAQ http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml#adulterants
Most likely "good" acid is N-acetyl-LSD (ALD-52) [according to _Psychedelic Encyclopedia_ it produces a smoother trip and is somewhat commonly found in analysis -- references to the latter were provided]. while "speedy" acid is LSD

He he ha ha i was talking to a guy who knows a shit load about speed and nothing else and he tried to tell me that acid was speed in its purest form. I preceeded to take out my big mutha pharm. textbook and beat him about the head with it- owwww that's gotta hurt!
Could it be a blotter adjunct designed at keeping the acid in the perferrated cardboard?
I wan't my next trip to be laced with DOB, but i suppose that'll never happen until i learn how to make it myself.... BOH!

I recently heard that the Barney Rubble trips circulating around the Central Coast and Sydney had some weird tasting acid on them. Battery acid, that is!
No shit, apparently they burnt a hole an ulcer into a mate of a mate's tongue. Beware dodgy looking acid.

Depends if the blotter still has any psychoactive effects. Maybe someone got a hold of a batch of some random research chemical and tried to make 'fake acid' by dissolving the chemical in water/alcohol and soaking into a sheet of blank blotter art.
On the other hand if you felt nothing, it might just be bunk crap with any chemical on it to make it taste shite.
BigTrancer :)

Ummm... don't think it would be rat poison, maybe flyspray... whole lot easier to buy a bit of paper and spray it than dipping it and drying it.
And hey mooch, maximum global respect and full props to you but there aint gonna be battery acid sitting in a small bit of paper that will give you an ulcer.
Even if some magical acid existed to ulcerate people, why would you sell it as LSD. What kind of retrade value would the dealer have and how easy would it be for someone getting an ulcer from acid talk to a kind police officer about a drug dealer trying to injure people. I sure as hell know I would.
If it was a joke, please let my comments slide but if you were serious then please think again before posting such offal.
-------------------------------
******** IMPORTANT ************
-------------------------------
Blotter acid giving you an ulcer has about as much chance as saving a boys life by forwarding ICQ messages.
Both of these have about as much chance happening as hiring out Bill Murray movies preventing you from catching STD's or cancer.
------------------------
If someone asks if you are a god, you say YES!

Bill Murray movies prevent cancer?? Cool :D
BT: What I think has happened is someone has spilt something on them, honestly it tasted so similar to 1,4b so that wouldn't suprise me...

anfalicious: what were the blotters?
Hearts in Ohms were the only blotter i tasted that tasted bad (well, that had a taste at all really). in fact it kind of did remind me of battery acid, or maybe just something like rusted metal. But it did make us trip (just wasnt that strong)
[ 13 February 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]

If the blotter did have acid on it but became so damaged that it all broke down, then maybe what was left was particulary nasty in taste.
However I'm thinking something was probably spilt on them. If they didn't work then that could make sense and the moisture (plus other stuff) in whatever was spilt could have destroyed the acid also.
Feel safe in the thought that whatever it was isn't likely to be harmfull in the small doses able to be applied to blotter paper.

I think we got some of this around New Years. Does it look like recycled Cardboard.
We had some, tasted shit, did F**k all!

Hmm..
Out of interest, did anyone ever have the 'Sydney 2000' paper trips that were around Melbourne a few years ago? I remember having one at a hardware party (HW #10, shed 14.. cj bolland, I think?) a while back - it tasted gross (very bitter, not in a speedy way but maybe more of a mortein/bleach way? :) ). I was very suspicious after taking it; I'd read all the info I could by this stage and 'knew' that 'lysergic acid diethylamide is tasteless', so therefore figured I'd eaten some dodgy crap dipped in a random household chemical. :)
.. the thing is, it worked - I spent most of the night sitting on the steps at the back of the place mesmerised by the laser. While these days I'd look at that as being the result of a 'look at the pretty lights!!' (ie too small) dose, in retrospect it seems that the said tasted-like-shit trip actually worked.
(The 'sydney 2000's were small, off-white (recycled paper?) with the sydney olympic logo that looked kinda like a chicken on them, btw :) )
Just thought I'd throw in my 2c to see if it brings any other opinions out of the woodwork..

Had friends who got some Sydney 2000s, long long ago in the before-time- said it was pretty good, but tasted like vintage de Weeribee Farm :{
Didn't take acid then so can't comment, but apparently the Che Gueverras were better and tasted like plain old cardboard!
*Cardboard- MEH!*

*Cardboard- MEH!* - Well said.
Last night me and a couple of friends bought a few of the latest hoffmans (same pattern, the dude riding the bike) and boy did they TASTE BAD..
I couldnt hold it in my mouth for more than about 5 minutes...had to swallow it
But yeah, one square of this blotter did pretty much fuck all, except for spinning me out for the first couple of hours, ended up hurling not once, not twice, but thrice. Me and a friend ended up just crashing out after realising what we had bought was some weird, close-to-bunk acid. Problem was everyone else at the party we were at was on the same acid, and the crashed-out weird vibe sorta set out amongst us.
but the disgusting chemical taste was soooo bad, it aint really that reassuring to know that you're just ingesting some weird mystery chemical. But how much nasty shit can be put on a square of blotter? Apparently enough to cause some really bad nausea and vomiting.
Beware the horrid-tasting-Hoffmans!

The only trip i have evr had that had an actual taste were the waves that were in brisbane in late 99- early 00.
they didnt taste bad, they had a sort of metallic taste. alot of ppl said they were sprayed with speed, but im sorry, speed doesnt taste metallic!
they turned out to be some of the most "dirty" and bodyrush acid i have ever had, no mind/headfuck whatsoever!
Andromeda :)

When you say recylced cardboard, do you mean oversized pieces of actual cardboard (ie NOT blotter paper?)

Dingleberries: Bingo.
Thats exactly what we got (Referring to me and Anfalicious here). Was a sheet of the hoffmans (dude riding the bike). Tasted absolutely fucking vial, and did about as much as a .... shrug... a gnat with a toothpick? They didnt work anyway. :p