Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Herald Sun: 'Crazy' drug hits street, Feb 10th 2002

krillsta

Bluelighter
A DANGEROUS new illicit drug which can cause violence and psychosis in users has hit Melbourne's streets.
Federal Police and drug services fear the drug, called yaa baa, is being taken mistakenly by youngsters believing it to be ecstasy.
Known as "crazy medicine" in Asia, yaa baa is a powerful methamphetamine that can cause violence and paranoia.
The revelation of its presence follows a major drug bust in Queensland last year in which a huge quantity of the drug was seized.
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre information manager Paul Dillon said many people would not know if they were taking yaa baa.
"They are being guinea pigs," Mr Dillon said.
Rest of the article available at
Herald Sun: 'Crazy' Drug Hits Street

In case people don't know yaba is basically a localised name (thailand) for a methamphetamine pill.
Paul Dillon said many people would not know if they were taking yaa baa
BaBown! They would if they tested them, Paul.
For those that are interested here's the results you would get with a methamphetamine pill:
Marquis (Ez Test Classic/E1) - Orange
Simon's (Ez Test Xtreme/Dancesafe) - Blue
Mandelin (E2) - Green (possibly)
Mandelin doesnt seem to react consistently to meth. If you get a brown reaction to Mandelin it means your pill has ketamine in it, and is probably a locally made speed-bake.

Every few months the Sunday Herald Scum dredges up this story.
Its fucking Methamphetamine,not ice,theres nothing new about this drug at all.
Edit-ooops,i didn't see the above post ;)
[ 10 February 2002: Message edited by: akshEn74 ]

that article is a joke..
as ive said befor i dread the day when 'real' ice hits oz in a big way.. those who dont know the difference between crystal meth and ice are going to be in for a rude awakening..

He he yaa-baa makes me just want to cut my own baby's head off!!!!!!!
It really funny somebody handed me a cut out of this story today before i saw it on bluelight- was highly amused :) :) :) :0
Shocking new drug YAA-BAA, more commonly known as ice, even more commonly known as meth and even extremely commonly known as SPEED
(I know i'm being stupid (with regards to differentiation) but its just so goddamn funny
Excuse the blasmephy (is that how you spell it ?- probably not but who gives a airborne fudge) any of u unevolved creationist scum ---> Bill Hicks, thanx Bill, "God bless your soul" (i know that would make u laugh :) )
Rolling for the first time without weed, its quite different but fun nonetheless, although sleeping will be hard.
BTW damn can'tfeelmylegs for not giving me any nitrous tonight, goddamn hippy crack whore
No offence of course
P.S The rice expands the conscienciousness, the rice expands life
YAAY RiCE

pretty funny that the herald-sun has picked this up. i live in thailand and there's been alot of press in the bangkok papers about yaabaa recently - some taxi driver was even telling up about it on the way to work one morning ("yaabaa bad, make crazy. yaabaa bad..." - probably on a comedown.)
anyhoo, the latest that i've read is that apparently school kids are making it in the toilets at there schools, and then selling it for 30 - 40 baht (less than $2/pill).
i guess it's the type of sensationalist crap that the herald-sun like to print...so my mother can think i'm a yaabaa addict and that's why i've moved to thailand...

Ohohohahahahaha GOD - in the toilets at school that is priceless.
Don't worry about the yaabaa people, I'm more concerned about all this wizz they're bringing in ;)

Is this "wizz" a powerful new designer drug (he he that term always makes me think of some yuppy dude with a beret and chemistry degree) that has side effects such as immediate death, nasal disfigurement and leprosy? LOL