Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nice work everyone - photos on pillreports

chupa chopped

Bluelighter
It's good to see the number of pill pics increasing. It helps out so much in indentifying pills and different batches.
If you've got a scanner at home/work/uni/mate's you can use that to post up a pic.

yes nice work with the photos... now if we can just get people to stop posting a new thread everytime they have a pill(jnr cheese)... and instead add their comments to the appropriate existing thread... coz as the database starts to get full of pics as well as superfluous listings/entries, it'll get very slow...which you no doubt recognise it already is.
never ceases to amaze me how so many pillreports users just dont get it! its like they dont want to add a comment to an existing thread coz they want all the cred or sumfin!! its fukn JNR cheese.
when bozos start new threads for a pill and theres the same one three down the page, and then again at the bottom and again on the next and so on! i think soma needs some help!!!!! ;)
get tough buddy and delete double ups, and forward the poster directly in his/her email contact, regarding the decision to delete.
could work.
gw

Sometimes double reports may mean that a person has a similar looking, but different pill. Not all batches of pills are created equal, so even a pill with the same dimensions, colour and logo may give a different test result and a different effect (especially if they're from different states).
BigTrancer :)

I disagree eddie.
The more individual posts that people make then the more there are in the database. Therefore what you do a search you see that there are heaps of reports, not just one. I would rather see 7 people all make their own individual reports and commects than one guy making a report and the other six commenting saying "yeah I agree".
Each person has their own ways of describing what their experiance was, and that is really important.

Nice display of stars on pillreports, i do like the added touch of an orange backdrop. 6 pointers too!!!

Nice display of stars on pillreports, i do like the added touch of an orange backdrop. 6 pointers too!!!

I think that orange back drop is a card that a fair few brisbane clubbers would have handy after a night out! ;)

ok... when i see soma's response in this thread, ill stand fully corrected. i know that my description of "how it should be" is the way it was supposed to be, once.... but maybe thats changed now.
some people even write up a new report for the same pill a week later coz they had "another!"
dealers just want there stock on the front page... thats all!
whatever!!

Heyhey, sorry its been a while since I checked out this thread.
The policy I take on multiple posting of pills is this:
1. There is often the chance that there will be multiple/slightly different batches of a particular description of pills, and can have different effects. eg White stars in Melbourne recently.
2. Pillreports has a few functions - mainly to facilitate Harm Reduction. One way this is carried out is that due to the fact that multiple postings on the same pill, give a good indication or snapshot of what pills are 'doing the rounds' at the moment, and hopefully make the site a bit more relevent to people doing their research.
3. Multiple reports by the same user and the same pill from one weekend to the next are not encouraged unless there is something new/updated that needs to be added to the report. (See eddi spgeddi, you are right) Examples of this could be Triangler X-Files and the Dexters - the strength of these could vary greatly from one pill to the next.
Basically follow commen sense, and follow the posting guidelines and everything will be fine.
Moderators DO exist for every region and have some sort of influence over the shape of pillrepots - usually in the shape of editing out useless information or updating ratings based on content or what the user has described.
However - let me make this one point absolutely clear - Rarely are any reports deleted or edited by the mods because they do not agree with what the user has reported. Mods cannot reach into authors minds to see if they are telling the truth about reports - and neither can anyone else. Just because a report sounds dodgy does mean that it is.
When reports are deleted, the mods do try sometimes to follow it up with an email to say why. Sometime this just does not happen because of the effort involed on behalf the mods, or because the report really should not of been there in the first place (such as joke/stupid reports and other reports that are not pill reports). One other problem is that a large portion of the pill report accounts do not have an email address associated with them. Every now and then the mods will just delete an account to force the user to re-register - this provides a way for mods to get in touch with a user that is having.... troubles coping with the posting guidelines.
As for the help thing: I put out a notice in this forum weeks and weeks ago about requesting some Expressions of Interest , I had a lot of replies to this. Basically it all got caught up in the Bluelight software change and other misc happenings - and I put off recruiting mods for not just the Aus/NZ forum but for USA and Europe as well, due to the workload that some of the Bluelight admins and other mods were put under. Some of the momentum has been lost, which realisticlly means nothing will get done until a mod goes AWOL for a few days and pill reports gets trashed (which incidently was the catalyst for the call to help in the first place). Some minor tweaks have been done to pillreports which enables mods to do a 'clean sweep' on lots and lots of reports by the one person, or deleteing their account, or disabling the account, or placing the username/email address into a perminant ban state (which happend twice last week for people just spamming their email address around wanting hookups - Pillreports does NOT need that sort of behaviour or attention).

sorry to create so much work for you there soma... ill stop harrassing your clints (and dealers!) on pillreports, except by the standards you decribe, but stop deleting my comments!! *spgeddi grabs the oversize spoon and commences a circular pattern.
you know i love yer work buddy.
important by the way.. i havnt been able to log in as spgeddi on pillreports for a year or so... never asked before but have i been banned? can i or you check?
Thirdly - What I'm even more in favour of than closing threads is deleting them entirely and putting a nicely worded email to the poster why it was closed. This has a couple of effects - it keeps the board uncluttered and free of drivil, and the user has an email that says someone is really taking notice, there are real humans behind Bluelight, and perhaps how they should go about getting some information that they require. The email thing would be a lot easier if you had to give a reason to close posts (or delete them), which is the case on pill reports, and there was an auto thing that posted the reason to the orginal poster)

Just checked and there is no record of that account. If it was a year ago then I'm not sure what happened to it, most of the admin functions have been added in the last year. Sorry man.

had a look and found lota reports i made and comments too.. but the user name was eddispgeddi, which is how it should read here too, but im a bozo! im more spgeddi than eddie... actually im not eddie at all!!
maybe that account name is still on record. any how so long as im not banned its cool!!

Report on eddispgeddi
Number of pill reports: 1 (0 deleted reports)
User Status: Registered User
E-Mail Address:
User Registered Area: Auz & NZ
Number of pill comments: 68 (0 deleted comments)
Number of moderator comments/notes: 0
Your account is still there. Your prob forgot your password.

too good...
spose you are right re: the password!!
i wouldve thought there was stacks more e ports, tho perhaps i added comments rather than start new ones... but then, that was the day.
sweet tho, ill start testing random passwords till i guess it... tho i usually only use *!@+>>*() or something easy to remember. but never fear... it will b my fault.
and i can continue to report under that other alias.
[ 12 February 2002: Message edited by: eddi spgeddi ]

yeah congrats on all the pictures, I just cant use it as often now, cause i access it through werk, cant exactly have all these pictures popping up!! :(

Perhaps something like a Display/Do Not Display Pictures toggle in people's account/profile would get around this kind of difficulty - I guess if your browsing is logged you'll be noticed going to www.pillreports.com still if anyone's looking but you won't have the obvious pills on screen etc.
BigTrancer :)

Or you could download the opera browser which has a button in which you can toggle the loading of pictures on or off. And have numerous browsers open in the same window. Quite useful it is
http://www.opera.com
Adikkal