Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fear at start of a roll

HQ_ETA

Bluelighter
A friend of mine used to tell me that whenever he was coming up or peaking he couldn't help but be frightened.
I had no idea what he was talking about and thought that he was an idiot until it happened to me. After a green ? one night I was pretty fucked and I put some water on my face. I immediately forgot that I put the water on there and I thought that it was sweat and when I felt a drip run down my face I thought I was going to die because I was sweating so much.
I just had to get outside and I told my friend that I needed help and that I was really scared. When I got outside my friend talked to me and made me realise that it was all in my head and that I was going to be ok and after that I just walked around feeling good but every now and then I would start to worry intensely again.
Since then, every time I have a bickie that hits reasonably hard (blue barell, green ?, pink camel etc) I feel a little dizzy at the start and immediately start to become frightened. Usually now though I can just talk myself out of it by saying things like "this is normal" and "yeah this is meant to happen."
Usually it doesn’t last that long, it seems to be just when I am coming up or when I just start peaking hard. Its kinda like I am frightened and I can’t stop feeling as if I am scared.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on what the fuck is up? Any way to reduce the scared feelings? Thanks heaps!

Yeah this happens to me when i'm on a strong pill or i've had to much. I can stop myself from freakin out though. I just put it down to my body/brain is only doing this because it doesn't know how to handle feeling this god damn good. And i ussually pick up and have a good night. But yeah it's a scary little period, and screws with my head for a little while.

Yer this has happend to me twice. Just sit yourself down somewhere quite prefrebly and say to yourself. Its all in my head... forget about it. Start talking shit to a freind and you will soon forget.
Just dont let it take u over and become all u can think about. Cause then u will freak out.

Yup, anxiety can be a normal process during the onset of MDMA.

Yeah this happens to me a lot. I think you deal with it in your own personal way but for me the worst thing I could possible do would be to sit down and try to talk my way out of it ie. "it's all in my head" etc. (...oh that, and freak out about it)
I used to sit myself down and say "This will be over soon" and it would eventually pass, but still those minutes of sitting in fear were terrifying :(
Then I found my secret to it - dancing! I have to be up and about doing things to take my mind off the fear before it sets in. I found that when I stop dancing I feel the anxiety come on.
(I still feel a bit anxious but it's no where near the fear I get if I'm sitting down)
This may not sound like a big deal but I swear it works, anyways check out these thread too :
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=011589&p=
Hope that helps :)

this happened to me just the other night. I took a break from dancing and got my self some water, when i went back to dance i started to feel really wierd, like as if i was going to faint or spew. i started to have trouble breathing- probably from panicking, but i had to go outside and calm my self down before i went back inside.
The best thing to do when this happens is to grab a friend and talk shit for a while to get your mind off it, or even just go for a walk to calm yourself down.

i always feel slightly uncomfortable when the pill is comming on. i got freaked on my first roll, as i was walking along i felt like i was going to fall backwards :( i start to feel light headed and start to worry, basically it's all in my head. for me the key is to focus on the music and my dancing, and soon enough i've totally forgotten about it and i start to enjoy the night. has worked everytime so far. but i guess if you've dropped a really strong pill you're in for the ride.
[ 01 February 2002: Message edited by: Stars Fall In ]

i think this anxiety increases with more long trm ectacy/drug use... Perhaps a side effect of downgraded receptors???
Just a thought...

^^^ that makes sense, so you would think so, but in my case I got this feeling on my 3rd pill... so maybe not?

I've never had this feeling on pills i know are pure MDMA. The only time I've had any real freak-outs is when I eat too many pills or when I eat a pill that's mixed - usually with ket or acid or whatever the hell else they put in pills these days.
Also, I only started getting freaked on a single pill about 3 years ago, which is (so I've been told by not at all reliable sources) when they really started mixing the pills. Before that, I could be reeeallly fucked up, but no worries. Anyone got any thoughts?

All too easily people forget that mdma is a psychedelic, and a reasonably powerful one at that.
It's anxiety/paranoia that results from your system dealing with the shock. You're body is saying wtf is going on here? And your mind cannot fathom an accurate reason. All too often you'll think "it's the drugs." Which can lead you into thinking you've had too much etc.
Psychedelics start messing with your perceptions. You're brain expects to be getting one reading from your senese but is getting completely unexpected results. This places you in a position of uncertainty, your mind detects danger and so fight or flight insticts begin to kick in. Your body reacts accordingly whilest trying to deal with the strange experience the drug is providing.
I often feel nervous/anxious at the onset.
Anticipation could also play a large part in it.

Prince Harry :) heh nice name. Umm were you feeling overheated at the time you felt faint and/or like you were going to vomit?
I've been experiencing this lately because my body seems to be getting worse at regulating its temperature. Now, whenever I have any amphetamine (amph, meth, mdma) my body temp raises really quickly if I dance too hard in a really hot area I feel really faint and like I'm about to passout.
Of course, this means I have to be really careful, but I know the way my body reacts to pills really well and if I start to feel weird I just stop dancing and pull ovr to the side.
Anyway, your case sounded similar to that (ie not anxiety based). If you've got this problem, make sure you recognise the signs and stop dancing and sip some water - it's be pretty shyte to end up passed out on the dancefloor for somethng like heat stroke.

I have never had a bad roll, because i always start with a positive attitude, and always think i am going to have a good ngiht out no matter what, when i am feeling sick in the guts or feel funny in the head, i just think, it doesnt matter, all will be fine soon, this sickness is just a sign of how much fun i am going to have, then soon enough the sickness reverses to happiness, and all is good :)

I sometimes dry reach before I even drop, most likely because I know what it's gona do and makes me freak out a bit. My friend always bagged me and laughed when it happened, but now it happens to him aswell! haha, makes me feel a bit better. So yeah, I guess I get a bit scared sometimes....but when it kicks in all is good ;) ;)