• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Showing images of serious statues during serious parts

captainballs

Bluelighter
Right off the top of my head I'm thinking of the beginning of disney's hunchback of Notre Dame. The main dude was doing something hardcore and serious in the rain, and the camera switched to a really enraged statue of a god.

What is the meaning of this, and which movies are the biggest players when it comes to showing awesome serious statues? Pictures would be appreciated.

LOL... I know what you mean. I can't think of a specific example but I've seen a lot of movies which show gargoyle statues on the building, in the rain, right before some scary scene. SPOOKY STATUES ARE SPOOKY!

That's a tough question... I'll think about it.
the-thinker.jpg

Hah! In what I thought would be a futile exercise I've plumbed the depths of my film psyche and come back triumphant. Behold...this thing!

I've never seen the film but read reviews a few months ago about it that mentioned a South Korean sculpture park being used heavily in it for symbolism. I was curious so I sought out the image back then. I guess it's technically not a statue proper, but c'mon. The movie is Ki-duk Kim's "Time":
bscap0294.jpg

515983267_0f0b706d6e.jpg

statues gives the audience a sense of dread, they appear suddenly looking at you knowing that they have the power of durability. they will not age, but they'll always be there, watching. they were watching before you were born, they will still be watching even after you're gone.

That's why you need classy, elegant marble busts

NUP_142617_0016_JPG_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Now with a free copy of the Kama Sutra!

=D

I'm a big marble bust guy. The marble bust is so authoritative and demanding. I especially enjoy a bearded man marble bust.

I thought of another good one, and this time I've actually seen the film. The copy of Michelangelo's "David" in Children of Men with an artificial leg. I suppose the prosthesis signifies the disconnection of our time from the foundations of meaning subscribed to in the past (the legs that supported us in life) -- a theme that runs throughout a film where humanity is dealing with the prospect of no future.
image%5B30%5D.png