• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ketamine detected in body 6 hours after???

CuPiD^^

Bluelighter
is it true that ketamine can ONLY be detected in the human body roughly 6 hours after taking it???
I heard from a high school boy that had tried it a few times and he claims that they have testings at school for numerouse drugs, and he has found out that 6 hours (roughly) is when they detect it in his system...
is this info correct???
if so, how long would it last in your system??

If i read your post right you say k can only be tested for after 6 hours. This sounds wierd as the effects of the k have deff worn off by then. However the test might be for a by product of the bodys' breaking down of the k. This would explain the time frame also other drugs like steriods are teasted in this maner as the by products are more easily picked up or there is no test for the drug etc.

hiya
very few drug tests look for the actual drug, they look for metabolites
even a drug which is completely metabolised in a few hours can leave detectable levels of metabolites for more than a month
clop

I think with ketamine, it's not actually tested for in a standard drug test - they have to be specifically looking for it...
I realise that doesn't answer your question though... ;)

wazza / Bluelighter / posted 29 January 2002 23:14 (ip)
Ketamine is rapidly absorbed from the I.V./I.M route. Peak plasma levels being attained at 1 minute (I.V.), 5 minutes (I.M) and 30 minutes for the oral administration. Ketamine undergoes extensive hepatic metabolism (90%) with only 5% appearing in fecal waste. The drugs terminal elimination half-life is between 2-4 hours in adults and 1-2 hours in children
Guess its really really short half life??
try http://www.arabdoctorsnet.net/DRUG/Drugs_Anaesthesia.htm
and http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/ketamine_cp.htm
and countless more. Just try using the search words half life ketamine in http://www.google.com
Thanks wazza.
BigTrancer :)

thnx waz, thnx bt... sites helped alot.
*CuPiD^^ is at ease now*
oh and thnx every1 else who gave their opinion ;)

See Ketamine & Drug Tests. Keep in mind that the half-life info is for injection, so oral or nasal use may drag out the half-life via slower absorption. But that's irrelevant if it isn't tested for...

*bump* A friend wanted an answer to this before so I thought I would bump this in case others wanted the answer as well :)

Most workplaces, drug treatment agencies and schools that do drug testing would be doing urine tests.
It's not a case of just doing one urine test that will show up what drugs have been used - each drug has to be looked for separately. My understanding is that ketamine will only be detected if a specific ketamine test is performed.
Frankly I doubt if many places are looking for ketamine, because it's not a widely-used recreational drug. (Don't all jump on me, I mean in comparison to other recreational drugs!)
As far as I know GHB is seldom looked for and is very difficult to detect, and testing for MDxx has to be specifically requested.
Most places WOULD be looking for heroin, amphetamines and cannabis, among other drugs.
Besides urine testing it is also possible to detect drugs via blood and hair tests, but these are not as common in Australia.

From the above site "Ketamine & Drug tests":
* Recent ketamine administration can produce a urine toxic screen which is falsely positive for phencyclidine.
Workplace urine tests I've had screen for PCP. Would it be enough for it to come up positive for PCP or would it then go to a blood test?