Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Freefalling out of your mind

Rumble

Bluelighter
A bizarre (though entertaining) conversation at work led to the question: what would be the best recreational drug to be using whilst skydiving?
Assuming that you had never skydived before, and needed to bluff your way past the instructor/tandem skydiver, and also didn't want your brain to completely fail whilst thousands of feet above the ground, does anyone have any thoughts on this (entirely irresponsible) topic?

For confidence coke. But since a lot of drugs increase heart rate and blood pressure might not be a good idea to mix with the huge adrenalin rush of skydiving. However surely skydiving would be an expereince in itself worth partaking in without masking it by some drug.

MDMA powder if anything, but personally I think oxygen and water would be enough for me.

This is a complete turnaround after starting this topic, but after further discussion with co-workers:
Does anyone else wonder that if by taking drugs, we are often forcing someone else to be responsible for us? In the case of skydiving, if someone was to freak-out on drugs while doing it, it would be the instructor.
If this doesn't make any sense, here's an example:
At a recent event, I took ecstasy, and it came on harder than anything I ever had taken before then. I wasn't overly concerned about what was going on, but decided to chat to the paramedics anyway. They were incredibly helpful and understanding, particularly as I was basically saying "I've done this weird shit to myself, that I really shouldn't have, and now I want you to fix it for me". Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the 'controlled' use of different substances, and always make sure that I don't get myself in really dangerous situations, but there seem to be a few members of the community (eg - paramedics) that often have to pick up the pieces.
Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this.

Although a theoretical topic it must be said that taking drugs and skydiving is not only stupid, but a waste of drugs too. If you can't get a thrill/rush from jumping out of an aeroplane then you really need to reassess a few things in your life.
That said though, theoretically, I'd have to say it'd be best to avoid the stimulants due to the heart rate issue. So maybe ketamine would be interesting, and nangs would be pretty interesting too... although you'd want to have the instructor strapped to your back and ready to pull the cord for you... :)
Mods: this topic might be better suited to social too... feel free to move it over if you agree...

fuckin stupid question. the consequences and their possibilites are multiplied by about 1000000000000000...
but, i'd have to say a few trips then jumping out would be unforgettable...

If you can't get a thrill/rush from jumping out of an aeroplane then you really need to reassess a few things in your life.
...shouldn't we all be able to get a thrill/rush from experiences other than drugs, eg music, dancing, friends etc?
fuckin stupid question. the consequences and their possibilites are multiplied by about 1000000000000000...
I agree that taking drugs when skydiving would be both stupid and extraordinarily dangerous. This was merely supposed to be a hypothetical (if not as entertaining as I first thought) question that helped me pass away another mind-numbingly dull day at work.

I tend to agree, at least for your first attempt at sky diving you should be content with what thrills that experience brings on its own.
However, if I were to go sky diving and take a drug it would most likely be acid.

Meth. Without a doubt. Confidence, and heightened perception. :)
-plaz out-

Cant validate the accuracy of this but:
A 'friend' had a 'friend' that took a hit of acid an hour or so before jumping. He considered it the most terrifying moment of his life and his associates had to end their holiday due to the fact that the user spent the next 3 days cowering in a room afraid for his life.
Skydiving is one of the ultimate rushes, whilst I realise Bluelight is a response board and not a flame board, the reality of what your asking really is beyond belief. Especially since A. your taking it as a first time I gather (Ffs why not jump a few times before hand) and B. you will be under the care of an instructor the first time, unless you tell him and he agrees, what right do you have to put the responsibility of your life in his hands (drug-related).
The number 1 rule of taking drugs is that you alone are responsible for yourself. No one forces shit down your throat and for that reason, when your lying in a grave (hell, lets be realistic here) no one can spend the rest of their lives hating themselves for it.
Imagine rocking up to work, taking 4 guys out for their first jump, and at 10,000 feet the guy on your back starts screaming hysterically and has a heart-attack... ?
If you had to do something, id say a dissassocitive (nangs / k)... increased heart rate from a meth or the like would be suicidial i reckon...
Ive just read the whole thing again... and read your response about it being totally hypothetical.... sorry dude lol. I just read the intial post and then responded :) Ive talked about mass murders as hypotheticals so lol jah I retract my words
[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Genasirus ]

well i know your question was just hypothetical but i have been sky diving recently and never considered taking drugs whilst doing it but even so was really glad that i hadnt. especially while in the plane, your thoughts are going a million miles an hour due to the adrenalin rush and you really need to be clear headed other wise you'll probably just blank out during the jump and wont enjoy it anyway.
and as people have said its better than any drug could be :) .
[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Nickstar ]

If you can't get a thrill/rush from jumping out of an aeroplane then you really need to reassess a few things in your life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...shouldn't we all be able to get a thrill/rush from experiences other than drugs, eg music, dancing, friends etc?
That's what pleo was saying - the rush you would get from skydiving would be so much stronger than any drug you could take, that if skydiving on it's own isn't enough for you there must be something wrong with you!
And if skydiving isn't enough for you, I don't think music/dancing/friends is going to make you feel anything!
[ 29 January 2002: Message edited by: *chaoscat* ]

I have heard of jumpers having a breath of nitrous before leaving the plane... wouldnt recommend it tho ;)