Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police Hunt Perth Pill-pusher

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
Make of this what you will, personally I think this is a little worrying, but whats true or not coming from the west australian is hard to figure.
A mystery man tried to force a strange tablet down the throat of a 19 year old woman at the ambar nightclub in perth last sunday.
But the woman who had only just met the man, spat it out, put it in her purse and later reported it to police who had it analysed.
The pill was made up of cocaine, dexamphetamine and caffine and would have give the girl a rush, rather than knock her out like date-rape drugs.
Police said that pharmacists had not seen that combination of drugs in one pill in WA before. The pill was white, about 1cm wide, octagonal and slightly curved. It was likely to have be professionally pressed.
After spitting the pill out, the woman went to confront the man and told him she had not swallowed it.
The subiaco woman said the man was aged about 24, cacasian, 183cm tall, solid, with short, straight brown hair. He was drunk, spoke with a Scottish accent and may have been a tourist. His name was beleived to be roy.
Police said anyone who knew the man or had seen the pills should call crime stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Cocaine in pills they say!

what a waste? why put cocaine in a pill it wouldnt have any effect.

Bet the guy didn't try to force her to take it either... What's the point? He prolly just gave it to her and told her it'd be really cool or something equally lame...
Or perhaps he thought it was something different...
Who knows? Certainly not the newspaper...

I'd almost bet money he didnt force it into her mouth. And as for the cocaine thing, it was an octagonal 1cm wide pill. Thats quite large aint it? How much coke would you need to eat for it to be effective?

yeh, 1cm pill is quite large considering the 6mm diameter of some of the pills going around atm.
not to sure about how much coke u would have to take. but it would interesting to find out thou, for curiosity reasons.

Sounds like a complete load of shit to me. I also doubt any coke was found in there either.
But if it was, I doubt it was professionally pressed. I mean what kind of fucking idiot puts dxm with coke.

I think the most obvious flaw in the story is the fact that she apparantly "went to confront the man and told him she had not swallowed it". I don't know too many girls who would do something like that after a "mystery man tried to force a strange tablet" down her throat. In fact I'd say most girls would stay as far away from the mystery man as possible.

I think people on this board are incredibly biased when it comes to the law. I was bashed by scottish man last week who was 24 and of a strong build... this was on a Sunday evening. The man had only been out from scottland for 2 weeks.
Me and my friends becames mates with them in a city club (un named) and after leaving with them one of them took a disliking to me after I jokingly held him up against a wall. He hit me several times and splitt my head open on a street poll.
I'm almost certain that this is the same person, however how can i be sure? I should probably report it... (?!)
He had a friend called 'kevin' if you meet anyone like this in the city then stay away from them, they are pretty psycho if you get to know them.

dropped: it isn't bias, it's that the story has more holes than a super-sized block of Swiss cheese. Why would someone try and force a pill down someone's throat, given it is pretty impossible to make someone swallow something they don't want to? Surely dissolving it in a drink would be more effective. And why would a "mystery man" force a stimulant pill onto someone?

Plague just to clear something up, its dexeamphetamine, ie dexies(ADD medication), not DXM, I think the lab test of the pill has the biggest chance of being factual compared to the rest of the information in the story.

baby vic: I was saying that the people on this message board have a biase against the media because they feel they are misrepresented by them. These feelings are carried through into a general slagging off the media or specific journalists as soon as they go to report any subject matter that would seem unfavourable towards a drug user.
I think you fail to understand that whilst the media does manipulate facts, it is in their best interest to appeal to the majority of the public. After all, that is where their $ arrive from.
If they were to print a false article based on a police report then they would be placed under scrutiny by police for poorly reporting an episode that took place, which clearly did not. It is illegal to do that.
I think you and the rest of the people, including the moderator pleonastic are representing blue light with poor form. If you wish to be respected by those who do not take drugs and enter this forum with the wish to educate themselves (which is what this web site is all about) then you should refrain from splitting hairs and trying to suggest that a certain police report, which is based on FACT... is infact false.
You do not know what exactly happend, you don't know the circumstances you don't know the personality of the girl it happened to. Given this I don't see how you are in the position pick this article for its flaws.
that is all.

Fry-d: the article is taken from a police report, police reports are quite often muddled, but the general plot of activity is what is recorded. What is reported was an account of what the girl told police... that is why it may seem untrue, because fact can become muddled up when entering a third person.

i agree with dropped's sentiments. far too many people on this board instantly respond to anything printed in the media with cries of "what bullshit! what bias!". it's an almost automatic reaction. as he said,
you do not know what exactly happend, you don't know the circumstances you don't know the personality of the girl it happened to. Given this I don't see how you are in the position pick this article for its flaws
there is nothing wrong with questioning the media, i'm the first to encourage this, but what people are doing here isnt questioning anything. they are just doubting, and then guessing.
if you really want to do something then why not investigate into the incident itself. ask around the perth club scene, maybe even call up the police themselves. anything except just sit here and play with youselves.
an immediate anti-media bias is just as bad, if not worse, than believing everything they say.
PlagueBearer: I mean what kind of fucking idiot puts dxm with coke?
maybe the same idiot that put cocaine and ketamine in the same pill. or the one who put Ketamine, Caffeine, MDMA, Pseudo/Ephedrine, DXM and Methamphetamine in the one pill. don't presume to look into the minds of idiots, unless you are one yourself that is ;)
[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

dropped: I am cynical about the media, but not as you assume because of "unfavourable" reports about drug use. I treat each story I read in the newspaper or see on TV much the same as this one, by looking at it logically. I did not say that the article was not an accurate representation of the police report. I do believe that the course of events reported defies logic. Sure, I wasn't there and I don't know what really happened, but why should that mean I can't critically assess the article as I would any other? And how is that splitting hairs?
As for
I think you fail to understand that whilst the media does manipulate facts, it is in their best interest to appeal to the majority of the public. After all, that is where their $ arrive from. Actually, I believe the media manipulates the facts in order to appeal to the majority.

It is in your best interest to be an active listener/reader, and to question the media.
Media articles are often full of errors, remember reporters are running on a deadline, and while every effort can be made to present an accurate story that just doen't happen all of the time.
This article is only as accurate as the sources story, if the girl says he forced the pill into her mouth and she confronted him about it later... well that's her, somewhat odd angle.

I'm just wondering why the "rest of the people, including the moderator pleonastic" is the cause of the problem? Why single me out? If the comment includes everyone then leave it at that.
It's also wise not to judge people on one isolated comment. Go back and read every one of my previous posts about media articals and you should find that they don't instantly bash the media.
But what shit's me the most is people that assume that they know me and how I think based only on what I post. It's just the internet - it's too easy to take things out of context for it to be an accurate representation of someones personality.
[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

I think you fail to understand that whilst the media does manipulate facts, it is in their best interest to appeal to the majority of the public. After all, that is where their $ arrive from.
And "I think you fail to understand" that this is exactly the reason that anything reported by the media should be viewed as only part of the truth.
dropped, why do you assume that people are biased against the law or media due to drug related reasons? Sounds like you are biased yourself!
Don't claim to know the motives of people whom you know nothing about, because you're going to find that you are wrong most of the time! Yes, some people on bluelight attack media/research reports too much, but you can't disregard all conflicting opinions simply because of a few kids with bad attitudes.
There are plenty of people who do not take drugs who dislike much of the media/law. The media manipulates public opinion often in a negative way regardless of what the "truth" is, and the law often promotes injustice when it should be stopping it. Yes, both media/law do perform a valuable service to the public, but that doesn't mean anyone should disregard their instinct when they can tell something doesn't sound quite right.
Interesting how you refer to everyone on this messageboard having biased views, so you can disregard any criticism anyone has no matter how valid.
I suggest next time you have a go at people, if you want to be accurate, don't refer to the whole of bluelight in your attack, you are on this messageboard, so all those negative things you say about people on this messageboard must refer to you too, right? :)
All I have to say about the original report is it may all be true, but that also doesn't mean that the pill definitely contained cocaine, as the guy could have kept it with cocaine as has happened on other occassions.
A media report is as reliable as a pillreport!

People here bash the media because mainstream media, when it comes to this topic, are as a rule, wrong.
It is their job to sensationalise every topic. Not only that, but they have to put drugs into laymens terms, which often corrupts the story.
I am not automatically against all media, but unless the media source is from the internet, its usually a heap of shit.