Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

1,4B - Frozen!

ruski

Bluelight Crew
Interesting tid-bit, whether or not most of you knew this already or not.
I came across this when someone told me they stored their 1,4B in the fridge and it froze rock solid, it seemed odd to me as I don't imagine the ambient temperature of a fridge being anywhere near below freezer (hence it being a fridge and all).
So a little clickity click later and I found some interesting informaton for 1,4B:
Viscosity(CP)
70-73(25 C) (hence the crazy thickness of the solution)
Freezing Point(C)
<b>19-20</b>
Boiling Point(C)
Purity(wt%)
99.5 min
Yep freezes at just about room temperature :) Looks something like Vodka when you place it in the freezer.. just be careful when storing this stuff as a plastic bottle will pressurize when freezing! (someone back this up please :) )

What if you add water to it if you wanted to *ahem* dilute it for some reason?

As far as I know it in the general concentrations that are on the street (ie 125ml to a litre) the solution does not seem to freeze at this particular temp, but perhaps at colder temps?

Thats why you dilute it , so it doesn't solidify. If you order it from a chem supplier it arrives as a solid and takes ages to break it down to a liquid. Your best bet is just to sit the whole bottle in a warm bath for a while and just keep adding hot water. 14B is a solid at room temperature so if you dilute it you wont ever have to worry about liquifying it again. Who the hell puts 1,4B in the fridge anyway??????

Originally posted by ruski:
[QBPurity(wt%)
99.5 min
[/QB]
It's probably worth pointing out too that this is the absoloute minimum purity you should go. I wouldn't use anything less than 99.9% myself. A lot of extremely toxic chemicals are used in the manufacturing process of 14B and remainders in even tiny amounts can be very bad for you. You're pretty safe with 99.9 and higher but if it's any lower you want to know what the other .4 is (heavy metals for example).
CS

its true, ive seen BDO in a house freeze during winter. The good news is it seems to work just as good after you heat it up again

just be careful when storing this stuff as a plastic bottle will pressurize when freezing! (someone back this up please)
Sorry ruski, but water is almost unique as a liquid that expands with freezing. Most others contract.

Soma: I think if you add water (which has a lower solid temperature) it will lower the overall freezing temperature of the mixture.
BigTrancer :)