Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pre/Post loading ???

banana_man

Bluelighter
Can anyone please point me to the pre /post loading threads from a while back. I have done a quite few searches (5HTP, pre-load,post-load etc etc)and checked the FAQ but the links I can find seem to be broken. There were quite a few realy good ones if I remember correctly.
Mods feel free to close this when someone has pointed me in the right direction.

has anyone had any luck ordering 5htp into vic? all the order sites i tried wouldn't send to vic...
if you have, what site was it from, how long did it take etc..

I haven't ordered from these two web sites but am looking at doing it soon. My levels are shot. Pills are taking longer and longer to come on and double dropping is becoming more frequent. I'm always thinking it's not going to come right up.
online 5-htp
5-htp online 2
Has anyone ordered from an asian website? So it gets here quicker.
Is tryptophan available in AUZ?

Everything you need to know about pre-post loading can be found at this site...
http://comedowncures.cjb.net/
I was able to get everything listed for pre & post loading (including 5-HTP & Prozac).
I got 5-HTP from the states, took about 1 week to arrive. I checked and double-checked with authorities and it is ok to import for personal use (3 months supply max)
I got Prozac from my local doctor. You'll find plenty of threads here that will tell you how; I’m not going to repeat it.
Just a note. Be aware that some multi vits & minerals already contain some of the vits that are listed separately so be sure to calculate properly. And the DLPA threw me a bit. On closer inspection DLPA = DL Phenylalanine (amino acid)
It's not cheap though. The whole set up cost me over $300 - but worth every cent if it’s going to protect my brain.
Oh one other thing. Pre / post loading should NOT be used to encourage weekly usage of X - remember moderation is the key. Pre / post loading will only enhance and protect ones self from rolling (theoretically)
chupa chopped - taking a break will help - do a search on this site for 'tolerance' in New To XTC thread and see what others have to say.
BTW, im in Vic.
[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: s2000 ]

Originally posted by chupa chopped:

Has anyone ordered from an asian website? So it gets here quicker.

I ordered from the USA and it got here in about 3 days, amazed. I ordered from the
Iherb website. These guys seriously rock.
Hope it helps.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (And more 5-htp for me)

Yo Chupa Chopped can you order me some 5-htp aswell I'll fix you up mate!
[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: jaymi ]

See this thread. Just wanted to add that the FAQ only talks about two anti-oxidants, vit c and alphalipoic acid (ALA). IMO, anti-oxidants are more important than either 5htp or Prozac at preventing neurotoxicity, as you can use them pre. By the time you take the Prozac post, damage may have already started (explained in MDMA/neurotoxicity misconceptions(long). You can't buy ALA in Aus, you can get it online but it's expensive. Other good anti-oxidants are vitamin e (cheap, 500-750mg pre and post suggested), vitamin a/aka betacarotene, which you can get in a multi-vit. Others are green tea extract, grape seed etc. Only use a decent multi-vit-cheapies aren't broad enough and have only small amounts. Suisse or Centrum are good. Take these right before the pill.
L-tryptophan is available in Aus on prescription. There is one supp that contains 25 mg available, but don't waste your money. You need 5-10 times as much l-tryptophan as 5htp. Also, 5htp is a step closer to serotonin, and is converted much more quickly (about an hour versus over 8 hours with l-tryptophan).
L-phenylalanine is optional, our bodies can manufacture dopamine more quickly than serotonin. An alternative is l-tyrosine, which I think you can buy here. L-tyrosine is to l-phenylalanine as 5htp is to l-tryptophan.
You are not supposed to re-distribute any 5htp imported as part of your 3 month supply, it's supposed to be for personal use. So don't try to order extra on behalf of someone else, as it may be confiscated.

Thanks to all those who replied esp 'liquiddelight' who posted the link I was looking for.
Seems everyone could find stuff but me. Maybe I should enroll myself in
"Searching for Dummys 101"
Thanks again.

hehe... glad I could help banana man!
By the way people - does 5-htp really makes a difference?
Also, if you took some 5-htp during your roll, wouldn't that make the roll a little bit longer (since it takes only an hour for the 5-htp to turn into serotone)?

babydoc_vic, you sure can buy ALA in Aus. I got it from my local health food store. Two bottles of 60 caps – 100mg of ALA (made by Pharma Foods). Each bottle cost me $21.25. I had to ask the lady and she got it from the back room and wrote my name down in a notebook. Apparently naturopaths will give it to their patients.
Just ask your health shop and they should be able to get it for you.
Cheers.

Is 5-htp useful when used with MDA? Haven't been able to find much on this.

To answer the above question- although I can't point you to any specific literature/reference I'll say "yes" to that one.....just a hunch.
Has anyone tried grapefruit juice 30 min before dropping to slow the metabolism of MDMA in the digestive tract?
Is there a chem that will keep your liver enzymes busy whilst you are rolling? ephedrine?
[ 24 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

I just assumed we couldn't get ALA when I couldn't find it in my local, extremely well stoked helath shop. It's good to know I was wrong - wonder why it's naturopath supply though?
I have tried grapefruit juice, don't think it makes much difference. It inhibits the second and less important enzyme that breaks MDMA down (CYP3A4), so the more important one (CYP2D6) keeps chewing through. So it shouldn't make much difference. Popper: yes, there are various substances that will
will keep your liver enzymes busy whilst you are rolling these are called enzyme substrates. There are others that will completely inhibit the action of the enzymes. But this is a dangerous thing to play around with, as these reactions are completely unpredictable. Taking e is already unpredictable, given the difficulty knowing what is in the pill, and what amount. If you try to to enhance a pill by taking either an enzyme inhibitor or a substrate, the results could be lethal.
There is a well known case of a guy who died after taking 2.5 pills of e whilst on ritonavir, and anti-viral drug used for HIV that is an inhibitor of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. On autopsy, his blood level of MDMA was 10 times the expected level. The ritonavir stopped the MDMA being broken down, so the levels just kept rising in his bloodstream until it killed him (see here for more.)
Then there is the fact that each of us have different amount of these liver enzymes. There is a lot of variability between different people, so while your mate might be able to take MDMA with an enzyme substrate and appear unscathed (such as DXM, which is a substrate for both CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 and I strongly suggest no-one does this), it could be a different matter for you.
Here is a recent thread from Health Q & A about the results of someone who took 2 pills which tested purple, along with zantac, a CYP2D6 inhibitor.
[ 24 January 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]