Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Strange experience

ReD L1nE

Bluelighter
Went out in Sydney on weekend, had a blue dome. Took a while to come on but really didnt last that long, but nothing really strange about it. So I had a 2nd one and started out normal but then some weird shit happened which has put me off pills for a while. I was up dancing, had been drinkin enough water etc... and then I kinda just blacked out. When I snapped out of it I realized I was just standing there staring at nothing(and once at guy standing next to me which was embarrassing). I got no idea how long I was like that for but it happened several times throughout the night. In the morning I felt the same way as I usually do after a night out, and have had no after effects. Still taking a month if not more off now, but anyone had similar experience, or know what might have happened?
Ive had strong smacky pills before, but this wasnt like strong MDMA, if anything I'd say it was a shit pill, but I've had same batch previously and they were ok then. Eh was weird and embarrassing, hope it never happens again and just curious why it happened in first place

i've got no idea what would cause that... but i know that it aint good at all...
give us some more info;
how long before that did you roll?
did you test double pills?
are you on any med?
etc...

dropp first at about 12, dropped 2nd about 2.30 when felt first wearing off
hadnt tested them but had sane pills on 4 others nights out
last time before was nye when had 3 on the night
and on a med called Inderol, its a beta blocker, but been using it since first roled 6 months ago and never had a prob

Without knowing your recent histiry is may be that you have built up a tolerance which can you the effect of not rolling hard but other effects can remain which may not be previously aware of. For instance you mention blackout (By the sounds of it without falling over). This I have to be a very comon experience where a period of time from a few minutes to as long as an hour. You have been acting normally from an outsiders perspective its just that your brain doesn't remeber any of it (Although sometimes later it does). Anyway can't hurt taking a break and well maybe 6 weeks will be even better.

From the MIMS
Serotonin antagonism has been demonstrated with propranolol hydrochloride Theoretically this could block some of the empathic effects of MDMA, leaving you with the stimulant effects. But I don't know that that describes your experience. Anyhow, generally speaking beta-blockers combined with stimulants aren't the best combination. Are you taking it for hypertension or other resons? Amphetamines may over-ride the anti-hypertensive effects of beta-blockers. If the beta-blocker is taken while your affected by amphetamines, it may cause vasoconstriction, which may push your BP really high.
If you're using it for other purposes, perhaps you should skip the evening dose (half-life = 6 hours, although the actual effects last longer) to minimise the chance of an adverse interaction. Or maybe, talk to your about it if they are aware you use drugs.

There are/were multiple batches of Blue Domes about. Browse through the Sydney pills thread and the Perth pills thread for more info...
Someone in the Perth pills thread referred to a very dodgy experience on Blue Blanks/Domes...
You may not have gotten the real deal in this instance. Check up on it, it might explain it a bit.

yeah i seriously doubt it is the beta blockers
I dont take them when Im about to go out, and only have them for inherited condition called essential trembling, ie shaky hands
I'm thinkng it might be out of dodgy batch now. I got one from another source which was unreal but I'm not sure which pone it was. Now i look back its obvious which one it was, the others ones have been dicey, never peaked off them really

I have had something similar happen to me, after my second pink heart from september 2001. I was walking around totally feeling fine, then all of a sudden i would walk into someone. And think where the fuck am i walking.
Then again i would keep walking and snap out of my state when walking into someone.
Is all i can put it down to was, i was feeling alright, but my brain coudnt rember waht was going on, so really i was walking around in a trance like state, and snapping out of it when walking into someone.
Kinda scary when u think about it now, but i guess i was just "off chops".

Yup... I posted about fake blue domes in the Perth Pills thread.
Look almost exactly like the real blue domes... the biggest difference being that they are white inside when broken in half.
A VERY scary thing is that even the white inside has been tested and tests black.
The friend that took these, whom I was with, is a very experienced piller, and her described symptoms were *closest* to DXM, but cannot confirm DXM myself, since I didnt take it.

i dropped 3 blue domes on NYE in perth... dropped a blue dome on a previous occasion as well, probably a month b4 NYE.
they are very strange pills... tested them and they turned black instantly on every occasion. they are clean pills, gave me all i could want really. strange thing was, i seemed to just snap out of them... they didnt last long... i'd peak and all of a sudden, experience a sudden drop, back into reality.
i also experienced alot of gaps when trying to remember events that unfolded while on them... like, i'd remember going to the dance floor, but not how i got to being outside, lying on the grass and finishing two packs of smokes.(?)
not as strange as your black outs Red L1nE, but thought i'd let ya know i had experience, "memory loss" as well...

I have had what you are talking about, but when I was coming down. It was after taking 2 white Genies around April last year. I was sitting down just doing computer stuff and all of a sudden I blacked out, then kinda came out of it, then it happened a couple more times. Really scray stuff, you can't control it. It was only off the Genie that I have had it, another friend of mine said he had the same thing off them too. I couldn't tell you what it was exactly, but I think it was just too much MDMA which is a caused a big shock to your body. To fix the problem, take less next time ;)
[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: MOTOMAN ]

yeh ive had a few blackout expiriences on E , teh latest happend at utopia wonderland in which i was walking out of the toilet and i found myself to be standing in one spot for god knows how long then i couldnt remember where i was IWAS LOST , really weird shit , i guess thats what happendes after having such a high amount of mdma in your body ( 5 pills and mdma cap) and i only weigh 55kg damm i should lower my dosage

I didnt feel off my head, smacked out or anything coming close to that
Ive taken more in the past and nothing like it, and Ive had nights where time just seems to fly by,k but nothing like these random unexplained blackouts. Dont think its to much MDMA, mainly thinking must be something esle dodgy in the pills or some external influence. But I'm having to take at least 2 now for it to be any good so yeah I'll be taking a break, hopefully that'll put it all back to normal :)

unless you're worried by it, and you felt fine the next day, from what you've said it doesn't sound like you've got anything too much to worry about.
a couple of years back i experienced something similar to what you've described from white mitsi turbos. i dropped the first, had a great time for a while then dropped the second. i was dancing, and then the next thing I realise where i am, and what i'm doing, and have no idea what happend to the previous 2 seconds, 20 seconds or 5 minutes - i have no idea how long it was, and it happend several times thoughout the roll.
perhaps you're making a bigger deal out of it than what it really is because it caught you by surprise, and you were embarrassed by it. by the same token, a break will always do you some good ;) .