Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM Extraction for Aussies

moocho

Bluelighter
Hey Peeps,
Ive just been reading up about DXM extraction from common cough syrups such as *you should know* and was a bit confused about it, cause the instructions expected you to be American. Has anyone in Australia extracted it before, cause it doesn't look too hard, but i just need to know the Australian equivalents to some of the American products they use.
I'm a very big fan of DXM these days, its jumped above ecstasy of my 'favourite drugs' list - but its gettin harder and harder to down all that cough syrup at once without puking hardcore. So maybe someone who has tried it before could post on how to do it properly, using Australian ingrediants?
Rock on you crazeee monkeez
Moocho :D

Why don't you just buy the powder and instead of chugging down 2 bottles of disgusting syrup you could just take a pill and save yourself fuckloads of money???
It blows my mind that anyone would still be drinking syrup.

is the powder as easy to get as walking into the chemist ? (not breaking bl rules of course)
EDIT: plus i've read DXM powder taste reeeally bad, like cant help but gag bad even in juice :(
[ 16 January 2002: Message edited by: dogah ]

Yeah DXM syrup can be a pain, but I don't think anyone would be wise to order large quantities of powders through the mail system at the moment (given recent hoaxes etc.)... but try if you want.
Let's just ensure that no sources are listed here thanks.
BigTrancer :)

I've recieved a package of 5-htp, pure compound. It took forever to get through and had clearly been examined by US customs due to recent terrorism scares.
However it did get through, no reason why DXM wouldn't, just be prepared to wait at least a month longer than you would normally.

There's no way you are going to get DXM powder through the mail....Hello!!!!!!
How about looking at a certain cold and flu tablet that has DXM in it, and then extracting via methods that are quite easily accessable from the net.......putting it into a gel cap, and then dropping!!!

rack: Hmm, I'd suggest you actually research your facts before you rant like a fool, as you have in many other threads.
As a matter of fact, you can easily get DXM powder through the mail. A person known to me recently received his shipment of 25 grams of DXM powder through the mail from overseas.
So, lose the attitude.
[ 17 January 2002: Message edited by: Dante ]

^^
Jeez - look what I've started.
Nah, listen - getting it in the post isn't much of an option at the moment, so don't worry about it, i was just looking for someone who had actually done an extraction before.
I guess i'll be the first...well al least from Aus Bluelight Drug Discusion. :D

just make a roborussian...half cough syrup, half coke...it doesn't taste that bad...and its easier to walk down to the chemist than go through the mail hassles...if the amount of cough syrup makes you feel sick just have some quickeze on hand...
:D

If your gonna chug cough syrup Robotussin DX is the one to get in OZ. No nasties - Dex is the only active ingredient. Not all chemists stock it but phone around - it's not that uncommon. 30mg/10ml DXM. Don't get the DM or or any other kind - DX is the one to go for. And read a FAQ or two. Get FAQ'ed up b4 getting F*cked up ;)

is the powder as easy to get as walking into the chemist ?
Well not quite as convenient but the literal hundreds of dollars you save more than makes up for it.
There's no way you are going to get DXM powder through the mail....Hello!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA , I've been getting it through the mail for nearly 5 years. Last lot was only a few weeks ago. One order was stopped by customs once but all I had to do was fax them my receipt and they sent it straight to me.
Drinking syrup is for the birds.

i fully dont understand how ppl can say that robo dx is hard to find, i found it second place i looked, first place was outta stock.
i dont really have a need for 25grams of DXM powder so i think i'll stick to the cough syrup, although i would like to here someones experience of the extraction.
:)

Hey moocho,i dont really know what you mean when you say Australian ingredients?
Ifyour doing an acid/base then 99% pure sodium hydroxide will work(it doesn't have to be Red devil lye),the hydrochloric acid is everywhere,Toluene i dont know??But you could try naptha(zippo) as for the Ph paper crush up a red cabbage and soak blotting paper in the juice,then find somewhere on the net that will tell you the appropriate colour changes.
All this is probably useless to you,sorry.
This website should tell you everything you need to know
www.thirdplateau.org
Good luck :)

agent lemon extraction method seems sufficient for australian robo dx (should be heaps of repeated threads about it in the psy-forum).
Although i had prepared everything for performing the proper extraction with zippo and caustic soda, it seemed so pointless to buy a bottle containing 600mg of dxm and doing all this shit when i could just drink from the bottle?? Now i tend to gag at the first taste of it, but it gets down the hatch anyhoo

The agent lemon extraction method works very well indeed... it may be a bit more expensive than the powder...but its alot less of a hassle and bullshit to go thru.
Andromeda :)

blah! why risk ordering powder through the mail when you can get DX locally, for low cost. unless youre robotripping every day, a $7 100mL bottle is quite cost effective imo.

blah! why risk ordering powder through the mail when you can get DX locally, for low cost. unless youre robotripping every day, a $7 100mL bottle is quite cost effective imo.
yeah well I don't know what you're buying for $7 but it sure as hell aint got dxm in it. Maybe you're tripping on placebo. But you're right 100mls is quite good.....if you're like trying to relieve minor cold and cough symptons but it isn't going to do much else than that.
IMO the only worthwhile recreational plateau to go to is third plateau or higher. To do this a 75kg male (me for example) would need a minimum 800mg of dextromethorphan to get there. The only syrup you should be drinking is robitussin DX , not only does it have DXM as the only active ingredient but it also has the highest amount of mg/ml dxm ratio.
So to reach third plateau im going to need to choke down over 260mls of disgusting sickly sweet syrup (that's if I make it to the end without vomitting) which I would need to purchase 2 bottles for.
Two bottles are going to set me back at leat $30. That is for one dose.
Now I was never any good at maths in high school. Infact im pretty sure I failed maths , but I can do this one in my head
1 dose of syrup $30
1 dose of powder approx $3-$3.50
hmmm well we see now that price is one benefit but surely there has to be more than that. Well how bout not EVER having to choke down mouthful upon mouthful of disgusting sickly thick awful tasting syrup. Instead of sitting there putting yourself thru pointless torture you could be swallowing one gelcap which is tasteless , odourless , flavourless. You just put it in your mouth and swallow and wait for god to plug you into the universe. But it's cool , when you're sitting down choking down mouthfulls of unbearable tasting syrup ,ill be throwing back a gel-cap and when you're on your knees in front of the toilet vomitting up all that lovely syrup again (tastes a hell of a lot worse on the way out doesn't it) wasting your trip on purging your body of crap , i'll be in my lounge room swimmming around in the carpet (i'll start with back stroke , then progress to breast stroke) while a universe of fire fighting midgets fly there tiny little fire-truck space craft around my head and I feel the planet swallow my body up into a cocoon of pure light.
The last time I drank syrup was when I was 15. But that's what you do when you're 15 , you drink cough syrup , you sniff petrol , you inhale aerosol cans , you chug cask wine , you go around "fingering" chicks , you do anything to try and replace the high that was stolen from you when childhood began to wear off and adolescence set in.
As you move through life you evolve , it's a natural progression , you move out of home and break away from your parents , you take on more responsibilities and you also undergo a "drug evolution". Instead of sitting around smoking leaf and drinking cask wine you take pills , you inject cocaine into your eyeballs you put a whole sheet of blotter into your sweat band and play a full set outdoors on the hottest day in summer , and you choose powder over syrup. The day I drink syrup again will probably be about ten days after I get busted siting in the kitchen pantry drinking cooking sherry.
unless youre robotripping every day, a $7 100mL bottle is quite cost effective imo.
I thought that maybe I got my wires crossed when I read this sentance but then I looked up the phrase "cost effective" in the dictionary and discovered that it had nothing to do with wasting piles of money on crap you need not to. Some people go to the pub every week and get drunk , some people even go out and take a pill every week and some people choose to dex every week.If you're using syrup to reach third-plateau on a weekly basis then you'd be spending $1,560 a year as oppsed to $156-$182 that's a saving of over $1,400 a year it hardly seems "cost effective" to me to drink syrup. If it was reversed the other way around and the syrup was $156 and the powder was $1,560 i'd still choose the powder because it's worth all that and more to NEVER have to drink that disgusting shit again. If you were going to only do dex once a fortnight you're still only spending in a year on powder what you would on a couple of doses of syrup.
Fuck drinking cough syrup , fuck it up the ass with broomsticks wrapped in barb-wire.

^^^^
LMFAO!!
pay out on me if you must, but i am a proud syrup drinker...
just ask the guys from hip-hop group "three six mafia", i downloaded a song by them the other day called "sippin on some syrup"... apparently they know where its at.

So, Chemical Shaman, lemme get this straight: you don't think that drinking syryp is a good idea?
Just wanted to check..... ;)