• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can anyone provide me with some legal links?

enchanted

Bluelighter
....Anything to do with the manufacture of narcotics in Australia would be great. Any links to specific cases of interest concerning manufacture would also be really helpful.
This is important and I would appreciate any help.

Do a search in the legal Q & A forum for Australian Laws. I put together a bit of an FAQ and there's some handy links at the bottom.

It differs from state to state also so your best bet would probably be to try http://www.austlii.edu.au/ as well.
This is a very uptodate database with pretty much all the different acts for each state. Just try different searches for key words.

Thanks guys, excluding kd, what was the point of that mate?
Austlii yeilded around 3 relevant cases - not much to go on, are there any sites which may provide details of drug rulings specifically? I wanted to post this here becuase I remember people previously posting newspaper articles in here quite a few times which dealt with chemists being busted. One such case was in NZ, does anyone have the link still?
Cheers

Enchanted, what particular laws are you after? There's some websites where you can wade through laws, but if you haven't found what you want with the links we've given you here, then you may be in a bit of trouble. As I found when I did that Q&A, laws, especially drug specific laws and examples of their use are exceptionally hard to find. You're best bet may be to go to a library, you'll need the biggest one in your state most likely (eg victoria library in melbourne, or possible melb uni library as well).
If you've ever done any type of legal studies (uni level I'm talking about) you'll understand how much of a bitch finding this stuff is. That's why lawyers employ people to do it for them :p

Try using the words "drug" and "manufacture" in the same sentance in the search field of the austlii site. I guarantee you will turn up more than 3 hits. Just keep refining your search by adding words that are more relevant to what you're interested in. You'll get literally hundreds of pages to wade through.
Nearly everything you need to know should be there but it's still a good idea to hit the libraries , believe it or not there's more in hard copy than on the net. The library also pays for updates to relevant acts etc. so as soon as things are changed their texts are updated.

Austlii is your best bet for cases on the web. However this only covers cases that have reached the appelate courts of each jurisdiction. Appeals are only allowed on points of law and as the laws relating to manufacturing of drugs are pretty clear cut (ie: one can hardly argue they didn't intend to manufacture drugs) there won't be many appeal decisions. As for finding trial judgements you'll have to check the appropriate court sites to see if you can find them. Here in vic it is the Magistrates Court and the County Court. However both these sites have stuff all cases online, and the magistrates court requires you to be a member at the cost of $250 a year. The law in this area is pretty clear cut, so don't be too surprised if there isn't much on it on the web.
As for media stories, I can't help - maybe someone else has some old urls, but most media sites archive their internet stories after a few weeks so you'll probably not find much here either. Anyway - Good Luck :)