Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Am i getting a tolerance?

Hardicus

Bluelighter
I did a search, but i need a specific answer on this one. Am i getting a tolerance? I've never taken pills very often, but recently (since school finished), I've had about 5 pill occasions since mid november. But at Kryal (and Welcome), i noticed that the peaks did not last very long, and on both occasions i had another half when starting to come down, but on both occasions, it seems to be counterproductive, i lost all my energy. Mind you, both times i was having Blue fish (pisces), which have blown me away other times. I've never been one to go to raves with more than i need, normally i take 1 and a half, and no more, should i be taking more? Because i've usually come down by the time everyone else is peaking. I'm also very thin, and quite unfit, maybe if i get fit it will help, anyway...Someone help me.
PS - Don't tell me to take a break cos i just got off an 8 month one, and there are so many good parties coming up.
[ 07 January 2002: Message edited by: Hardicus ]

Have you thought about pre-loads? There's absolutly tons of information around on this board about that, so my suggestion is to have a read and try pre-loading with something to see if that helps... :)

also, try to space your rolls. mid-november till new years = 6 weeks.. 5 pill occasions = almost weekly.. That is a great way to kill your (newly building) serotonin levels back to ground zero..
But as pleo says, pre/post load! :)
Especially more so if you want to roll almost weekly.. :)
Also, are you 100% sure your pills are MDxx? Do you test them? All of the pills, not just one per batch?
Hope this helps :)
And just in case you havent seen this, PLEASE VIEW THIS SLIDESHOW on what Ecstasy does to your brain..
Very helpful :)
[ 07 January 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

Dammit, i thought i'd get that answer.
At the moment i have a very half hearted preload schedule:
Magnesium
Vit B, C, E (Why not)
Milk Thistle
But as soon as i get a job and a credit card, i'll get some 5HTP and i've heard L-Glutamine helps (but its damn expensive), I dunno about L-Tyrosine (sp?) tho, i don't think i want any excess dopamine.
But, to partly answer my own question, i just read the thread about drinking and MDMA, that might help me peak for longer, and also, i am now officially 100% broke, so methinks i'll be taking an unscheduled break untill Two Tribes, or Kryal, or whichever's first.

Try to space out your roles - give your brain atleast two weeks. Eat bananas and turkey - they contain the precursor to 5-htp (forgot what it was called, something similar to 5-htp).
Also, don't force the 'e', don't think about it. Just let it come. I realised that if I think about when it's gonna hit me, the roll is not as good.

Liquiddelight - Its called tryptophan.
But the problem is not coming up, for about 2 hours i just lose myself, its the fact that it is short lived, as though i just snorted a whole pill or sumthin. Hard up, hard down. and down, and down.

Tollerance is not about serotonin levels.. Its more about down regulation.. you can get back up to normal serotonin levels within 2 weeks, more like a week if you have 5htp.. But whether your serontin can do its job properly is tollerance (ie receptor downregulation)...I find that most people find that they end up(after the e honey moon) at a 2-3 pill level per night..
but i may be wrong..
Chem

DONT WEAR A WATCH!!
every time i roll, i look at my watch to figure out how long ive been going for and how much longer i have to go... this makes my peak seam shorter...
so now i dont wear a watch and i can peak for like an extra hour or so :D

lol at CuTiFuL. Sometimes you might think the roll is alot shorter but really it's just that your having such a good time that time goes so much faster, and being on a blue fish your guarented to be having a good time ;)

i agree with chemical_night.
i found that the amount of pills consumed in a night increased, while the length of the roll also decreased. the peak has also become less euphoric as it was in the 'honeymoon' period.
its just something you have to live with if you choose to keep using MDMA sensibly, and dont try and keep outdoing the previous pill experiences, because before you know it you'll be up to 4 or 5 pills in a night (which aint that good for the old noggin')
.. 8)