Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E mixed with cold/flu

jaymi

Bluelighter
I think I am getting a cold or something but I really want to go out and drop Fri night with friends. Should I?

Are u on any sort of medication for it? Or do u jsut feel the beginings of a cold??
If its the latter then its entirly up to u. By dropping and going out all night u will lower ur immune system, which is busy and already lowered from fighting of a wave of germs, so u can almost guarantee that the next day ur sniffles will have developt into something a little worse, perhaps a cough, or just a full blown cold.
If you eat healthy, do some exercise and recover the same way you shhouldnt be to bad. Ask yourself wots more important, staying healthy and fighting off the germs, or going out with your friends and then being a bit more sick and making ur body work harder to fight of the cold.

i was sick during the week before back to basics. i finished my antibiotics but the sickness still hadn't fully gone. on the night of b2b i had fairly sore throat and was wondering how i would make it through the night. once i dropped though i totally forgot about my sore throat and ended up having an incredible night. and surprisingly the next day the sore throat was still with me but was no worse than the night before. i actually ended up getting better the day after... which was quite strange cos i was expecting the sickness to get a lot worse. i guess if you really must go out on friday, as boom said, just eat lots of healthy food, take some vitamins and exercise before and after :)
[ 03 January 2002: Message edited by: Stars Fall In ]

Fuck yeah man! You are so coming out on friday.
Just don't share any water with me :p

If it is only a head cold, you probably won't do yourself too much damage by going out. But if it is a different viral infection (like flu, or any of the thousands of others) you could make yourself sicker.
Symptoms of a more severe viral infection(and possible secondary bacterial infection) can include fever, muscle and/or joint aches, yellow or green mucous (AKA snot) or sputum (AKA lung biccies), fatigue and more. If you have these type of symptoms, see a Dr, then go home to bed. No-one should be going out with these sort of symptoms. And if you are that sick, the infection will spread very easily to others in a closed environment like a club.

Ive done this a number of times, effects afterwards ranging from nothing to spending the next night shivering and throwing up after a fever took a hold.
As long as you dont lay into the meth and stay up forever you should be fine.

Going out or not is up to u - but here are 2 things to bear in mind:
First the important one - If you are taking any cold and flu tablets check the ingredients: many of them contain Codeine Phosphate which is a derivative of Opium - this will ruin your pill!!! unless of course you like being smacked out.
Another thing to consider - if you are sick and sad u wont have a good time, e's are like 95% in your head... however if you stay positive it could even cure your illness, some illnesses are just in your head too...

Yeah, depends how sick you are... if you have a fever then you're body's temperature regulation is already kinda fucked - imagine what taking a pill in a hot club might do.
In all honesty you'd probably be fine, but personally I wouldn't take the risk - there'll be plenty of other opportunities in the future...

Exactly, the club isnt going anywhere.
And on the mental note, my first 'e' experience i had a bit of a clod and didnt really feel like going out at all, and it did effect my roll.
Also it was a tp and from what i have heard they were wierd pills neway :) But basically ur mental state must be stable, and positive.
Hey its friday :D

Another thing to note... If you're sick with a contagious illness, then you're gonna be making a whole lot more people sick if you do go out, and prolly end up sicker yourself...
So in that case, do everyone a favour, including yourself and stay home till you're better...

careful wot medicine u mix with wot drugs.
certin coth medicines contain a substance that DOESNT mix with e. it can prove fatal or jsut a very scary experience. i once took a pill that was mixed with this chemical and had a freak out!! the chemical is supposed to stop u from sweating and yeah, i started boiling up big time. i touched my face and it was soo hot. i started freaking cos the pill was very strong too and i was inexperienced.
was ok but we changed clubs 3 times b4 i calmed down.

I ended up going out on the Saturday night and I was shweet. Once I was there I had forgotten about my cold and it did not effect my roll at all so let this be a lesson kids. I still have a cold now, but it was worth it!

I'm soo happy for ya Jaymi - you are so hard core taking drugs while having a cold! I want your baby!

Let this be a lesson? That you're proud that you went out and infected who knows how many people with your illness? That it's ok to take drugs while your body is in a weakened state? That weakening your body further is ok 'cos the roll makes it worth it?
I sure hope you're not planning on becoming a teacher...

Each to their own. Jaymi made the choice to go out sick and it was no big deal. :)
[ 12 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

Rack - Fuck you
And to any onther winging pricks It was a cold not fucking AIDS.
[ 12 January 2002: Message edited by: jaymi ]