Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Man Feeds Family Chocolates Laced with Ecstasy

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Man Feeds Family Chocolates Laced with Ecstasy
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand school teacher, unable to resist the lure of a mystery package of chocolates in his mailbox, inadvertently fed his relatives the illicit party drug ecstasy, police said on Monday.
The man found the parcel, which was addressed to someone else and had a British postmark, in his mailbox in the South Island city of Christchurch, constable Greg Sutherland told Reuters.
The parcel contained 16 chocolates and a note saying ``I thought you'd enjoy these. I know they're your favorites!''
The man helped himself to three of the chocolates with no apparent ill-effects before giving one each to his sister and brother-in-law.
``Soon after (they) felt the ``weird'' effects of the drug. They opened up more of the chocolates and found the small round tablets wrapped up in gladwrap (plastic food wrap) inside the chocolate,'' Sutherland said, adding that tests showed at least 10 of the chocolates contained ecstasy.
The family were ``extremely worried'' by the experience but have subsequently received a clean bill of health from a doctor.
``Obviously, the three people who ate the chocolates are not going to be charged with possession -- they'd never even heard of ecstasy,'' Sutherland added.
Also known as MDMA, ecstasy is an amphetamine that has both stimulant and hallucinogenic effects in humans and is popular among adolescents and young adults who attend ``rave'' dance parties, clubs and rock concerts.
Most ecstasy in New Zealand is sourced from Western Europe and is smuggled in through the mail system, health officials say.
<a href="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011231/od/ecstasy_dc_1.html" target="_blank">http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011231/od/ecstasy_dc_1.html

That's a pretty funny article. Thanks for the laugh :)
I thought it would be funny to somehow dose the head maths teacher of the highschool i went to with LSD.

might be funny for you Splatt - possibly life threatening for him though
the article is interesting... i wonder how they turned up at his place

I would have opened the box, thought nice1, given them to my missus and 2 year old kid, now imagine what a whole E would do to an infant,possabily kill her, it almost makes me cry just thinking about it, i'll be more carefull if i ever find chocolates in my mailbox. if anyone wants to send me chocolates my favourite ones are yellowXLs & blue motorolas!!!!!
be carefull with drugs, kids can to often get their hands on then accidently, imagine how that guy would have felt if he gave them to his 2 kids, and they died.
stay safe & happy rollin'

A dodgy dxm+mdxx combo could.
A pma pill could.
An extra strong mdma pill could.
A weak mdma pill taken by a small child lacking in the particular enzyme which breaks down mdma could.
In other words you can't assume that anyone would be safe in such a situation, especially a child...

Sorry, you won't get any sympathy from me. If the chocolates were addressed to this New Zealand school teacher then maybe it might be different. But as it says in the article they were "addressed to someone else". Personally I wouldn't be eating any mystery chocolates that appeared in my letter box - and these people probably shouldn't have been either...

Originally posted by Splatt:
e wouldnt kill a kid
You are right, there is absoulutely no chance of 'E' causing a fatality in a juvenile. It is impossible.

Depends if that kid has a deficiency in liver enzyme CYP2D6 (one in ten people do), or has a heart condition, or any number of other possible complications. Just because it's a tablet doesn't make it safe.
BigTrancer