Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

can some foods kill pills.

popper

Bluelighter
I had a mate who took an average clean E pill and it just wouldn't come on. There were another 7 of us where it all kicked in at about 60-90 minutes, but his just wasn't doing anything. About 3 hours later he had some cones and that brought it on for him.
He hadn't done any pills for a week, but he had a lot to eat before he went out and someone was saying that starch kills the peak or blocks the come up. Has anyone heard of this? Or did the food slow down the absorption for that long?
On the flip side is there anything that can enhance or bring on a peak (besides MAOi's, wizz and trips)? The vitamin C thing on Groove is bullshit.....right?

Has anyone had a bad interaction with any prescription or over the counter drugs and E?

i'd say its the fact he had a lot to eat befor going out..
his stomach would've been busy processing that food befor it gets to the pill..
having a meal 3-5hrs befor a pill is 'the best' time?

Apparently fatty foods aren't too good with e. On the day, eat something light.
Vitamin C is used not to enchance the peak, but to reduce neurotoxity. Eat a lot of bananas through out the week - it will boost your serotone levels. Trust me, it works :)

It's simple science!
Your stomach digests a pill exactly the same as it does food...it can't tell the difference. If you pop a pill on top of a large meal the pill simply has to "wait" for the food to digest first before it can get to the small intestine, and then diffuse into the bloodstream!
Evidently foods high in protiens (meat, fish etc) can make digestion even slower. Most meals contain some form of meat!
Skip the dinner, you wont feel like it when your pill kicks in anyway. (Remember MDMA was originally patented as an appetite surpressant.)
Or bypass the stomach system altogether, there's more than one way in!!

Don't drink any orange juice the day you're dropping, apparently this can kill a pill. It's not just food that can make MDMA not come on at all, if you're thinking about when the pill is going to kick in, or how good it will be, or if you are just generally anticipating it, it may not come on at all.

The vitamin C thing on Groove is bullshit.....right?
Yes it is complete bullshit, and it annoys me because the character who says it is supposed to be a Chem lecturer. Having said that, vitamin c is a good anti-oxidant which may have neuroprotective properties, so if that bullshit gets people swallowing vitamin c, I'm a happy camper.
On the flip side is there anything that can enhance or bring on a peak (besides MAOi's
MAOI's are EXTREMELY dangerous with e and amphetamines. I am assuming you meant SSRI's?
Starch does not "kill the peak". If anything, carbohydrates are an ideal thing to eat the day you go out - stuff like pasta, rice, bread contains tryptophan (for your brain to make serotonin) and is a good source of energy. It is best to eat something well before you go out, to give your body energy for dancing etc.
Have you checked out the FAQ section, and New to Ecstasy/Ecstasy forums? Many of your questions have been discussed in detail before.

quick corrections for the record...
mdma wasnt patented as an apetite supressant.
orange juice on the day wont kill a pill.
SirLSD

Please don't skip dinner before going out!
You're doing enough harm to your body by staying up all night, add to that the strain put on your body by hours of dancing... If you don't eat before going out you're not going to have enough energy even though the drugs might make you feel like you do, and the comedown is going to be a hell of a lot worse...
As pom said, 3-5 hours before going out is good...
And listen to babydoc and sirlsd, they know what they're talking about...

Citric acid will slightly increase the excretion of amphetamines. I always stay away from coke (the drink!) as well. It probably doesn't make a HUGE difference.

Well, the fact that he had only popped the week before probably has something to do with it.
It takes 2 to 3 weeks minimum to return serotonin levels to full after a threshold dose of MDMA. Do it any more than that, and you will burn your bridges (and brain) fairly quickly.
And there is much talk about pre and post-loading (do a search) within bluelight, which talk about minimising neurotoxicity, and maximising the effects of pills whilst minimising side effects. There are also some recent interesting threads on Piracetam.

As for the food, try and make sure that you're properly nourished before you go out or you'll regret it come morning.
I'm not too sure, one time I ate two rolls (the bread kind) about 15 mins before a pill. 10 mins after dropping it I was F U C K E D !

popper. the small amount of citric acid should not have a noticable effect on your roll. but yes decreasing the pH of urine does increase the excretion rate of amphetamines. however a glass of oj shouldnt effect pH enough. also consider the fact that the effects of mdma wear off significantly before the plasma levels drop too far.
SirLSD

Citric acid might not do much...but this is what we found with Bicarb. We've tested in a lab urine pH's half hourly after taking a single dose of two alka seltzer's. Most control people's pH was acidic (6.2-6.4), but the bicarb people had one of 7.3-7.7. It's not a huge difference. I just like giving it every chance to do it's good thing.
Knowledge is power.
I Didn't know that about the effects of E wearing off before plasma levels drop sharply....That kind of sucks.

SirLSD,
If your going to dispute a fact, back it up with FACTS!
MDMA was patented in 1914 by a German drug company called Merik as an appetite suppressant.
Go to Google or Yahoo and do a search for "MDMA Appetite suppressant"
You might be surprised what you find!!

The company is actually called Merck. And that would make a fine pill stamp;
"MERCKS" - the pharma grade pill!

Interesting Link!
SirLSD, I stand corrected!
However the MAPS website article clearly states that "In virtually every book etc etc..."
I'm a firm believer in read read read to find info. If 95% of this info is saying the one thing it tends to get believed!
This is a true example of don't believe everything you read!
One must admit however that whilst on MDMA you dont feel hungry!

It feels like there are some simple questions that are popping up in this thread. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Complete FAQ is really awesome. There's so much stuff it in that you get to a point where few questions materialize in your head about MDMA and its basic workings. And if you do get a question, the WWW is growing with more and more information every day...so easy to find.
I mean..."hadnt had a pill for a week"....7 days...jeez, thats not giving your brain the time it wants to replenish seratonin. Try waiting 4 weeks instead and you will CLEARLY feel a difference. Try 6 weeks and some pre-loading and you'll feel like its the first time again.
And by the way...can anyone tell me what the hell this message icon is?? The one under the handgun and to the right of the capsule (above the flame). Is it a brain? a block of cheese? i just cant figure it out and its killing me!! ahhhhh!!!

It's a Taco.
For Griff in the Big Social forum. He has a thing for them, apparently.

Nickelodeon: Yeah 7 days might not be enough to get that first time magic back, but there should still be plenty of magic. Read the post again....it kicked in for everyone else just not him. The people that said the big meal was the problem are on the money I'd say - it just seemed weird at the time.
[joke]All this preloading/post loading seems a waste of $, with the cost of neurotransmitter precursors. You could just get a couple extra pills.[/joke]