Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what exactly does medic do?????

Bigboy

Bluelighter
ok i have a rough idea but i was wondering if anyone has a detailed (possibly scientific) explaination of exactly how medic works???

Medic is just a anticeptic spray i think.. It feels good rolling because it evapourates very quickly of your skin, with a tingly cooling effect.

But remember to close your eyes if someone spays it in your face as otherwise it hurts like fuck!
*Airwalk remember's learning the hard way*

i thought medic was used when you're congested. you just spray it around your room and it helps clear you up and prepare you for sleep... or something.
i'm a bit over it now but i know i used to love the smell of it on e-teddies. but i hated it when people sprayed it in my face. it just hurt and thats it.

yeah that's the stuff....but when you inhale it you get a little rush
anyone know why this is......???
i too learned the hard way about spraying on the face....man that hurts!

Isn't it something to do with menthol like vicks?
Love my vicks but medic is a bit funny smelling....

I think, and I stress think, medic works like vicks. As you inhale it causes the body to momentarily relax all the muscles in your chest, ie lungs throat etc. Normally this will help you breath a little easier, but when you rolling I think the sudden relaxation would be like a mini hard massage for you chest, so it feels real good.
But like I said don't quote me on that. I think if you do a search in the main drugs section there is an explaination about vicks.

thanx.....that's what i though.....coupled with an oxygen rush to the brain!!!

Have you heard of a "medic high"?? It happened to a friend of mine once and we still wonder how and why.
This guy inhaled through dustmask and teddys an entire can of medic for himself over the period of 2 hours. At the end of this period he was reporting a "high" and "happy" feeling as he ran around talking to all sorts of randoms and was really really silly(acting as if he was high). I checked out his eyes and they were even dialated as if he was high. He had normal amounts of water and food this day and nothing else was out of the ordinary in his diet. And I know there's no way he woulda bought a pill or someone shout him one either.
We came to two conclusions:
1). Theres something in the propellant when concentrated and inhaled that produces a warm n fuzzy buzz (similar to butane i guess).
2). Because every time he's gone pilling in the past he brings a can of medic...so maybe him smelling the medic brings back a re-currence of some sort and tricks his brain into thinking he's on a pill then releasing extra seratonin as if he's on a pill.
Any ideas or chemical analyzations of Medic??
P.S. for all the regular Medic lovers, try buying it at a supermarket instead of a chemist and its 30-50% cheaper.

Inhaling the propellant is called "chroming"... people do it with deodorant, hairspray, paint cans, etc. etc. so I can't see why it wouldn't work with medic. Not exactly the same as the tingly effect the moist droplets have when they evaporate from your skin quickly though.
BigTrancer :)

Uh BT, how about adding not recommending the practise as well :)
Then again spraying paper face masks with the stuff is an age old trick... so I guess that could be considered rave friendly :)
But yes, Medic is an antiseptic spray that opens up your nasal passages hardcore :)

Erm.. that was me in the last post.. stupid cookies.

Oooh...medic rawks!!! So much so, that the lil hippo toy I take out wif me and spray medic on is now officially known as Medic Hippo *LOL* He's actually startin to get pretty well-known at raves here in Canberra.....medic ain't well-known here - I discovered it thru u luvly Melb BLers when I was down there a while ago...so, now I'm single-handedly enlightening the CBR ravers...hehehe.......I luv runnin round on the dancefloor and givin my hippo to people to smell when they're rollin....they take a deep breath, and then they're like "ohmigaaaaaaaaawd what is that?? that's amazin!!!!"...hahaha...tis so kewl showin people new stuff :) All nite, people keep comin up to me askin for another hit from Medic Hippo...hahaha.....it's at the point now where some people even recognise me from past events and are like "heyyy ur the girl wif the smelly hippo thingy, right?? do u have him wif u??" *LOL* Even the security dudes luv it - one was watchin us smellin it all night a while back, and eventually he comes up to us and says "okay guys, I'm damn curious now....been watchin u do that - sooo, gimme a turn!!" I gave it to him, and he almost fell over when he took a huge sniff of it....then he says "okkkkkkkkkkk, now i understand!!! wooooo hoooo!!!" hahahahaha
never thought of sprayin it on skin tho...ooooh can't wait til i go out next - gonna have to try that!!!

Try spraying the medic on the small of your back. After a few minutes, it starts to feel warm and tingly. I am not too sure if this works due to its quick evaporation, or if it helps to dialate the blood vessels in your back... but it feels damn good, and thats what counts.

Medic has like menthol and camphor in it, so does vicks, vicks used to have pseudoephedrine hydrochloride in it, (a stimulant), but they took it out cause it was being abused,

best i can understand the smell is just very pleasant when rolling, but you can get high off the "chroming" if you fully breath it in as it comes out of the can, but thats kind of junkie, similar to sniffing paint, bad for brain cells, where as just smelling it off a doll isnt so bad for your brain if at all, i mean vicks says you can use it as often as needed and its essentially the same shit, i always take a can with me, if you can buy it from FAL in a six pack its way cheaper,

but yeah, anyway, if you want something fucking intense, (and dont do this if you arent completely fucked on pills, it sucks) spray it under your underarms, feels pretty awesome, never tried the small of the back but i will next time :)

anywho, enjoy the medic,

I hate the things usually, but menthol cigarettes are godly when rolling, though the only brand of menthols I can ever bring myself to smoke is Alpines. I have never used Medic but if a really big rush is what one is after, some Amyl always goes down well... though it can be too tempting to be taking constant hits of it throughout the night and end up with a shocking headache the next day :p

i used to sniff medic when i'd go out (without being on anything) - and if there were smoke machines, it'd really help clear my head (i get headaches easily if there were lots of smoke machines - dunno why)...

oh and BlackMagicWoman, i'm the same, i use the count from sesame street, and so many people here in perth remembers him... its so funny.

i actually prefer medic to vicks.... but i hate it being sprayed on me.

little tip - keep your medic toy in a plastic sealable bag til you need to use it, its keep it fresher.

:)