Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth in AUS?

Danthemanz

Bluelighter
Ok, i read about "Meth" in America etc and ive read that speed in AUS is not Meth, is this true?
The only speed i can find is $70 a gram white powder(you would know the stuff).
And the other stuff ive found it "Base" Im quite sure this is pure uncut version of the other stuff, its about $200 a gram.
So, what is AUS speed?
Is Meth here?
Can someone explain what the above stuff is?

some will disagree with me but i still say that almost all speed in aus is meth.
SirLSD

BT told me the most speed here is meth, and I tend to believe him (he's bigtrancer, he needs no further proof :p). $70/g for cut sounds a bit high, and personally I'd steer clear of it, I hate cut stuff :p $200/g of pure sounds pretty good.
Mods, is discussing price OK in here? Just let me know and I'll edit ok.

Well basically im trying to work out if ive had the best...
I love speed, but there is so much talk about "meth" being the greatest thing, i was wondering if there is something better than what ive had...

What was making me think that it isnt Meth is that there is always talk of smoking it, and it being hard like christal(sp)...
Is the pure stuff like this?
Can it be smoked?
Whats a good hit, 100mgs?

You can get "rocks", which look just like that, little rocks :) Or you can get it already crushed...
You can smoke it, you can smoke speed too :)
Hail to the snow cones :)

Generally all the 'speed' in Australia is methamphetamine, because it requires fewer steps to synthesise and is easier to produce than speed, which generally refers to amphetamine. VIC and NSW Police released a statement a while ago saying very little of siezed amphets were really speed, but mostly meth or 4-MAR... Makes sense, considering the bikie gangs usually hold a monopoly on meth production.

I'm pretty sure that 4-MAR is extremely rare in Australia (I'd love to be able to verify this with lab testing but, it's not really possible). In Melbourne, all the "speed", "meth" and "ice" that I've tested, and heard of being tested, with EZ-Xtreme tests positive for methamphetamine. My opinion is that it's mostly meth that we get, whether it's "home-made" or imported from elsewhere... the difference in appearance between the types (white powder, brown rock, clear crystals, glassy chunks) is probably dependent upon the amount that it's been cut.
I suspect that every time the meth changes hands it gets cut down a little further, so the dealers can maximise their profits. This means by the time it's sold as 'street speed' it's very heavily stomped on, which is why people could be forgiven for thinking it wasn't "meth".
BigTrancer :)

$70 for a gram is CHEAP if its meth/speed or whatever.. Most drug fiends charge around $200-$350 for a gram.. So its either cut 1/5th of the 'street strength' or he is onto a good thing price wise...

The brown base sample I tested contained enough meth to test positive... but that doesn't necessarily mean the brown base you have seen is too. Perhaps if you know someone with access to an EZ-Xtreme you could arrange to have a sample tested? Otherwise there's no way of knowing if it's the same stuff.
BigTrancer :)
[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

If its made here, its likely to be meth.
If its made in some shoddy backyard lab, i'd bet my house (if i had one), it was meth.
No one would bother making amphetamine; u would always make meth instead. The one exclusive way to amphetamine (just like there is one exclusive way to MDA) where no other substances can be made, requires chemicals which were made no nos a long time ago. And its far from backyard.
So if u have paste or if u have crystals, the active substance is probably the same.
It just may be that:
the salt structure is different; hydrochloride vs sulphate vs phosphate etc;
the synthesis was different - one works very well using pure reagents, the other is a bit of a mess;
the purification steps were different - one was worked on extensively - repeated washings, dryings, and several recrystallisations. whereas the other remained as a big brown soggy filter cake and thrown in a bag before it could even air dry.
Everyone gets excited when they smell that stench coming from the sticky WAXY paste; i'd hazard a guess its actually unremoved solvent.
Any chemist would have had experience with this. The sample u get following any syntheses rarely, if ever, contains exclusively what u want. U attempt to purify it generally by washing, filtering, recrystallisation etc; this however takes time and importantly much of the mass of your pastey impure product is lost in the process.
Obviously not many illegal chemists r keen to spend time LOSING product which customers are happy to purchase.

personally my friend found a huge dfference, feeling on speed is a lot clean and the come is less intense, plus it does not last as long, but meth he did not sleep for 4 days on the same amount, the come down was nasty and it was definatley not clean feeling

Brisbane tends to see the whole range of speed/meth products... Here's what we think...
Powder "street" speed has become really uncommon in Brisbane now days.
A lot of wet pink/brown base is probably made from sudafed etc... The effects are slightly different from other types of speed (ie you can sit on the couch all night, whereas real "speed" will have you totally charging and unable to sit still). The pink/brown colour comes from the iodine used to balance the PH. Some people say thats why its called "base"...
Meth is generally ice-like crystals and particles. Some people say its not that common, but it seems to be everywhere up here. Effects are much more intense, and often a more clean feeling. However, it is a different drug from regular amphetamine. The side effects can be worse, and it is easy to OD (yes, you can OD on speed). Psychosis is also more common on meth, mainly because people underestimate the strength of really tiny quantities.
Generally, if its $200+ per gram, its some kind of base or meth. If its $70 per gram, its street speed. That doesn't always mean its crappy, just that you should be wary, especially if injecting. Pure crystal should disolve totally clear. If it goes milky, or you need to heat it to disolve, think about another way of taking it.

Hardup is pretty well rite, down here in Sydney especially Darlinghurst, Surry Hills etc, I've seen everything from white pink and brown base (eh, it gets me off but not rocking),very fine crystals of meth (so so),large crystally meth (good),pink brown and clear ice (my favorite - natch).
And crap white powder street crank (blah).
The best by far is the big crystally, clear - opaque ice.Havent seen much since that raid a while back when the pigs blocked off all of Oxford st.