Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixing Coke With Speed

Johnny Clunkski

Bluelighter
Hey All.
Just a few questions.
Is it safe to mix Coke and Speed Together ( say railing 1 line of Coke then 1 line of speed straight after ) anyone tryed it ? was it a good combo ? or do you think takin Coke And Speed alone is better ?
------------------
- We Are Created By A Mental Atmosphere -

They're both CNS stimulants: so just make sure you keep it moderately sensible (... Edit: to avoid hypertensive shock in the short term... if you have too many stimulants at once you can push your blood pressure, heart rate and temperature higher than your body can handle. The long term damage in terms of neurotoxicity by the various catecholamine release and reuptake changes caused by these drugs is another story - see excellent post by Biscuit below).
Instead of having a line of speed and a line of coke - why not have a line of coke and a line of coke...
BigTrancer
smile.gif

[ 05 December 2001: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

I would have thought it was VERY dangerous.
Speed releases dopamine/noradrenaline in large quantities and Coke blocks the reuptake of the dopamine at least and maybe noradrenaline as well.
Cocaine reuptake inhibiting properties are meant to be extremely powerful, hence the effects of the drug compared with similar antidepressents.
I may be slightly off the mark but i think its about right.
No one would take MDMA and immediately drop a powerful SSRI; by doing that u would trap a massive amount of serotonin in the synapse and serotonin syndrome is sure to follow.
Speed then cocaine is virtually the same except with dopamine/noradrenaline.
Dont do it.
Even cocaine then speed i wouldnt do, unless there was a big break between the two.

I've done the combo a number of times as coke tends to make me sleepy (esp when had with alcohol). Avoid mixing the two prior to gumming/snorting as the speed can be moist & wreck your charlie.
I've noticed no ill physical effects myself although coke does thicken the blood & constrict the blood vessels so you wouldn't think that speed would do you any good. ANyway, worst case for me was just getting very edgy & very cranky by the night's end (& not being able to sleep)
hope this totally anecdotal evidence helps...
that was an interestng link, stumpy
[This message has been edited by Milkybar (edited 04 December 2001).]

I would not put that senario in the 'safe' basket at all. I would put it well and truely in the 'not safe, don't do it'.
My understanding (basically same as Biscuit's) - one block reuptake of brain chems (cocaine), one floods the brain with brain chems (speed).
A certain no no.

I greatly appreciate your feeback. After reading the advice you people gave me, its something i don't want to try.
Although what about mixing MDMA with Coke. Is that going to cause as many problems.

At this point it looks like you're pretty determined to have coke with *something* but I think MDMA may not be what you're looking for. In terms of perceived short-term effects only: It's been many people's experience (as I've read in the past here, and elsewhere) that cocaine can practically nullify the MDMA high, to the point that someone can be peaking as hard as you like, and then rail up a fat gagger of coke and be "straight as a judge" within minutes.
Obviously this is not *really* becoming sober, but something about the conflicting neurotransmitter effects of both drugs really plays havoc with the MDMA peak. I'm pretty sure this isn't a chance occurrence due to the number of people who've expressed their opinion to me in the past that "coke kills a pill". Personally I'd wait until the pill is over before having the coke, or have it well in advance, otherwise you may feel that you've wasted your money on the pill.
Some people do feel that you can have a line of coke and it will utterly replace the MDMA high for the duration of the coke buzz, and then the MDMA 'comes back' after the coke wears off. However, I think that if you're only taking a single pill, the peak is likely to be 1-2hrs long at best, and decent coke should last up to an hour or even an hour and a half before it's completely worn off... so you can do the maths there.
Whether this combination is unsafe in terms of neurotoxicity is another issue altogether... but given the nullifying effects of combining the two, you probably won't want to do that anyway.
BigTrancer :)

if yer gonna mix coke with something, it may as well be alcohol... try it, they go great together!