Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs at the door!

Stumpy

Bluelighter
Why don't the NSW Police Service put a cop with a sniffer dog at the door to the Kings X injecting room? According to todays S.M.H they'd catch over 100 criminals a day, obviously carrying heroin and (according to the article) more and more coke.
How can we say that our drug laws are fair when otherwise law abiding citizens, who happen to love dancing and clubbing fear getting caught with 1 or 2 pills for personal use??
Is there not something seriously wrong with our system??

Umm Stumpy, I hate to be the one to tell you this but it's illegal in this country to carry ecstacy pills. Your "law abiding citizens" are breaking the exact same laws the people using the injecting room are..
Ironic just got a whole lot funnier...
smile.gif

Sorry in writing this I omitted to state that I am TOTALLY in favour of the injecting room concept, and the harm minimilisation (lives) that have been saved.
I just think it's ironic that its known that registered addicts are carrying drugs for personal consumption into these rooms, yet the rest of the public has to contend with sniffer dogs and the long arm of the law, if caught with 1 or 2 pills on the street!!

Pundi I hate to be the one to tell you...otherwise law abiding citizens.
This is my whole point!!

not really
I dont think hes saying dog the people using the injecting room, I think its just a matter of priorities. They are supporting addiction and promoting safer use in a safer environment while restricting the rights of the recreational user and forcing it further underground therefore making it more dangerous. Like there is alot more dangerous places to take your substance of choice than at a club.
The more I think about the governments stance on drugs, the less sense it makes to me...
I understand the restriction of physicaly addictive drugs as they have an impact on wider community through crime etc. but then again alcohol and tobacco are legal, both addictive in their own ways, and both responsible for massive amounts of deaths each year. If they had been discovered today they would be banned for sure. If both were illegal they would be susceptible to exactly same problems as illegal drugs.
The only reason they dont lead to large amounts of crime themselves is solely because they are legal, ie the prices are kept low. You would also have the major problem illegal drugs face today if, what makes them most dangerous, impurities through lack of regulation. People would still want alcohol if it was illegal, but for all they know it could have cyanide in it.
Eh I still dont get how the law works...
[This message has been edited by ReD L1nE (edited 28 November 2001).]

Sorry Stumpy - it just sounded like you were arguing that the possession of ecstacy was ok while that of other drugs wasn't..
I agree completely that the governments approach to drug control is quite often misplaced and ineffective. But then governments are always clumsy and usually only pursue a cause only to the extent that they are able to satisfy the public they are doing their job. On one hand the public want the hard line on drugs (which governments provide with raids on clubs etc) while the other hand the public wants a cure to the injecting problems (so the government provides injecting rooms). Their stupidity in the war on drugs is as much a product of the media and publics failure to understand the real issues at play. The government is only giving us (joe voter) what we want.

but the general public is ignorant to the reality of drugs. They have been fed propaganda by the government everyday of there lives saying drugs are bad, but never saying why this gives the government the right to take away the choice of an individual.
The public wants the hardline on drugs because thats what they are told to want. Like almost any issue in history, if the main source of information presents a point of view and anyone who actively opposes this view gets prosecuted, the public thinks its a good idea to believe drugs are evil because really why wouldnt they?
[This message has been edited by ReD L1nE (edited 28 November 2001).]

We should get Legal dancing rooms! Or perhaps more incouragment for harm minimilisation .. Ecstasy is a realtively new drug on the scene, compared to Heroin and Cocaine.
Maybe one day.......
smile.gif

dont call them raves or clubs, they need to be renamed legal popping rooms that also have music
biggrin.gif

LMFAO!!! Good one RedLine... so true... pill popping rooms which happen to play loud repetitive music.....
smile.gif

------------------
The truth is that I'm a bad person. But that's going to change- I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up, moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you. The job, the family, the big fucking television. The washing machine, the compact disk player and electrical can opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

I saw on TV, that Michae Coster said he was targeting dealers in the clubs, not the recerational users.
But if the drug dog happens to smell your 1 pill, then your FUCKED!
------------------
"You want more??"

hey, I wonder what they would do if you went to the safe injecting rooms and popped a pill, just to expose the hypocrisy of the situation?

I don't think they would like it.
To punish you, they would lock you in a room, and play John Laws best Truckin Songs, or just Today FM.
AHHHH, the torture !
------------------
"You want more??"

ahahah good point E.Moore!
anybody up for a trip, make a day of it?
a big group of us, heaps fun
biggrin.gif

lol

Mr Moore, I hate to be getting argumentative, as people seem to get very defensive very quickly in the drug discussions, but popping a pill in an injecting room wouldn't make a particularly good point. Addicts use the injecting rooms as a safe clean place to inject, it's a brilliant idea saving lives and fighting the spread of diseases, but ecstacy is not (generally) a drug of addiction and does not require clean equipment to use. anyway, not a very good point, but there is that distinction. Oh, and anything the police say about sniffer dogs targeting dealers is utter crap, it's all about scare tactics, they're trying to scare recreational users out of going out and popping. Only it won't work, and we'll end up with dozens of intelligent people being the bitch of homicidal maniacs in the 'crime universities' we call prisons! (I stole that bit from Blow).

Im thinking that if we increase the first aid staff at "legal" raves and make water easilly available, would that make these raves safe dropping zones?
Might have to get that passed through parliment ;)

hmm, we are in country full of fucked up politicians who give people what they want, so all the drugies are junkies so lets put them in one corner and let them kill themselves, for rest of the people lets put them in jail for one or two pill so the police can sell kilos of them in black market and prove that they do their job.