• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: parliment struck by bout of sanity, decrim in WA?!

SirLSD

Ex-Bluelighter
about bloody time...the west aus government has said it will decriminalise 2 plants or 25 grams (i think, the cheering here drowned out the tv)

It was my understanding this was one of the suggestions brought forward after the drug summit. Which the government released all their plans after the summits recommendations.
This article has some info about it: http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,3329935%255E2761,00.html
2 plants in the backyard could be legal and they wont bother you if your carrying less than 25 grams.
That seems like an awful lot of weed for personal use in my opinion, but who's complaining
smile.gif

But these are only proposals and as always it sounds good at the time but they always change their mind at the last minute.
[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 27 November 2001).]

SA recently had the amout of plants allowed(on the spot fine, instead of further procedure) from 2 to 1. These are all the details I can remember, dosn't really worry me. I live in canberra :p

What? Labour come thru on a pre-election promise! This has been on the ALP agenda for some time, I had lost hope! Oh hang on... I don't even smoke that hippy shyte anymore... fark, too late for me.

Cancle: SA came from 10 plants down to 3.
Remember this is decriminalisation, not legalisation. It means if you get busted you get a fine, not a criminal record. It is still illegal.
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

Actually there has been stuff going on in NSW too...apparently Carr is talking bout further relaxation of marijuana laws and even downgrading ecstacy from class A drugs thus taking it off the level of coke and smack

Sorry anfalicious...
What I meant to say was that within the week the laws for south australia will reduce the amount of allowed plants from three to one. I have a clipping from a news paper(the Austrlian), but I couldn't find anything about it online.
Oh, and I know what decriminalisation is.

Cancle, you serious??
They've gone from 10 to 3 to 1, way to go backwards...
Oh, and I wasn't insinuating that you didnt understand what decriminalisation was, just pointing it out so everyone understands
smile.gif

------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.