Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shelf Life Of Speed ?

Johnny Clunkski

Bluelighter
Does anyone here know how long speed lasts for, and how you could make it last longer besides putting it in the freezer.
------------------
- We Are Created By A Mental Atmosphere -

My understanding is that it doesn't. But I'm not willing to drop my kahoona's on a block to support that answer so I'm going to find out. Shall return soon.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

I generally would stick by the theory of one month to two. I'm not sticking my kahuna's on the block either though.

I'm willing to drop rbb's kohunas on the block and say 6weeks. Take into account however that you don't know how long it is since its production. It may have taken 4weeks to get to you.
------------------
I am the king, you are my creation, I am the ruler of the TranceNation.

what happens when it goes "bad" then? does it just lose its potency? is it still safe to eat?
------------------
Paranoia, the curse of
the chemical generation

I'll put santa clauses kohuna's on the block and say that it isn't bad to eat - just that the active ingredients have become inactive ingredients. It just won't be as potent anymore..
The big thing with wizz is to keep it as dry as possible, that's why it's always a good idea to throw in one of those anti-moisture silicate bags...

Here's a good thread to have a look at, http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003468.html. Big up to GhOst for the majah knowledge
smile.gif
. I think i've been listening to too much d&b
peace
rc1n

My Kahoonas (i cant believe i said that) are on the block. Speed, Being either Amphetamine sulfate OR methamphetamine HCL will have a longer shelf life than you i.e it lasts a VERY long time. Keep it away from moisture and out if hot envionments, the same as you would for almost any other drug and it will be fine.
------------------
A witty signature proves nothing!!

Ya dude check dis-
HTK
Bluelighter posted 19 November 2001 00:44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most drugs dont really lose effectivness over time. Speed, which will either be Amphetamine Sulfate or Methamphetamine HCL will last a VERY long time, i.e longer than you. Keep it away from moisture and heat for peace of mind but it should be fine.
so u don't have to put it in the freezer, in fact freezer may be bad....

^^^ oh yea check out the other drugs section for the full post on that one - "need info on storing speed"
cheers
smile.gif

sorry i dont agree,ive been using wizz lately to control my wieght (im fat)ive noticed the stuff i get, mustard colored paste,dries out and it does loose its effect as such and if kept in paper instead of foil the paper absorbs the liquid ,(when eaten gives you a buzz,) and the wizz is less potent .sware.keepit in the fridge and itl be right for about 6/8 weeks(in foil).
[This message has been edited by oldspark (edited 21 November 2001).]

I tend to agree, because most of the meth or 'street speed' that is about in Australia smells strongly of volatile chemicals - meaning that over time, something is evaporating from your stash. Whether the reactions have been incomplete and remaining precursors are in the final product, or the resulting solids haven't been washed or dried properly I'm not certain, but I think that speed is one of the less stable chemicals we use. Also, some types of speed I've seen in Melbourne will actually erode aluminium foil if stored that way for any length of time. If you're thinking of keeping any quantity I'd suggest an airtight glass container containing a dessicant sachet or two. Dry, dark and cool are helpful.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Shelf life of speed very much depends on whats in it. In its pure form, it will last for ages, but it all depends on how its been made.
I've heard of some wierd effects from old speed (ie over 6-8weeks). Some people report wierd cramps in the hands and feet, and a general dirty feeling, while one person has reported a full flip-out/psychotic type episode from old crystal (8 weeks old, stored in freezer).
At the same time, others report no change at all from old speed.
I'd exercise some caution...Use your judgement.

Hey people, thanks heaps for you info it's much appreciated. The shelf life of speed is something i never knew.. now i do with thanks to you all.
------------------
- We Are Created By A Mental Atmosphere -

Usually decomposed due to bad washings.. usually washed with xylene/toluene, and sometimes our chef friends go easy, and leave out some of the washes.. leaving the unreacted aluminum particles charged and really to continue reacting with water :)

Originally Posted by BigTrancer
Also, some types of speed I've seen in Melbourne will actually erode aluminium foil if stored that way for any length of time.
agreed!