Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMT weighing dosage

XSI11V

Bluelighter
Need some help - maths aint my strong point!
Scenario : if someone was to weigh up a dose of dmt for ingestion by smoking the following (according to erowid) are the recommended dosages:
Threshold 5 - 10 mg
Mild 10 - 20 mg
Common 20 - 40 mg
Strong 40 - 60 mg
Typical digital scales go down to point 0.1 of a gram, which would be 100mg - is that correct??
So would the best way to do it weigh up 0.1gram and split it in half. Would the scales read 0.1 up until say 0.14 before changing over to 0.2? 0.14 split in half would be 0.7 a bloody strong dose for a first timer.
Any help appreciated
smile.gif

------------------
~sleep is for the week~

scales that weigh down to 0.1g would really only be good for measuring say 0.5g+ as there would be no definate way to gauge where there 'click-over' point will be.
get your hands on some scales that measure down to 0.01g if you can... they are usually about twice the price, but worth the extra $... considering, if you are out by 5mg thats 10%.
M

don't risk it dude... too much dmt and you'll have psychological problems for days, not to mention an overly intense experience which may send some into a psychosis of sorts...
get expensive digital scales... or find someone who has them.
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

lol apollo don't be so alarmest. You won't go insane because you had a double dose of dmt. You might have a stronger experiance but you won't go psychotic from it. It may be the experience as a whole which could affect you, but that could come from a single 'normal' dose..
As for scales - rememeber they don't have to be digital! I think the 'spring' type scales may be less expensive. (like your mum's cooking scales - just more accurate'

soma i've used dmt before, and i think that what you've said it unjustified.
i did not say you'd go insane, i said "psychological difficulties", meaning high memory loss, inability to learn new things, slow reactions, moody, unsure of what is/what isn't reality... general scatteredness on an extremely high level.
by psychosis i'm referring to a psychotic state... i've heard about someone attempting to kill themselves as they couldn't handle the dmt dose they smoked. violence is a possiblity.
dmt is a very potent drug. treat it with care. sorry if i came across as a tight arse, but i really think people need to respect this drug and measure it properly...
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

Definately watch out for O.D
Alot of 5-MEO-DMT has been getting around and this stuff often makes people gag and throw up when smoked. I know of someone who smoked about 50mg his first time and stopped breathing. He was fine once resus'd
If this is 5-MEO please be careful. It is not that uncommon to have an adverse reaction to.
Whenever you dose up DMT for smoking (5-meo or normal) dose up the smallest amount feasible to start. This stuff is damn potent and you should feel some affects at low doses without risking violent sickness.

ok not 100% sure what i've got on my hands so will tread carefully.
I'm assuming if i weigh say up 0.5gram and split it into 20 even parts by eye... it's likely to be very close to 0.05gram (the amount i'm after) as it will even out the innacuracy of only weighing really small amounts (ie. 0.1g could be up to 0.14g) if you know what i mean.
Any other info much appreciated - will experiement with care when i get round to it and post results.
------------------
~sleep is for the week~

well said apollo... any psychoactive drug should be treated with precision and respect. tread carefully and this will be an amazing experience...

Splitting anything into parts by eye is extremely inaccurate, and the error is likely to be large. A balance with 0.1g smallest division has an inherent accuracy limit of 0.05g. That means if you aim to weigh 0.1g then the best you can know your final measurement to using that balance will be 0.1g plus/minus 0.05g... that is, anything between 0.15g and 0.05g. With that kind of equipment your dose accuracy for 50mg is 50% at best (ie 25-75mg but probably even less accurate due to the uncertainty introduced by splitting the 0.1g dose in half by eye). If you can get access to a balance with the smallest division equal to 0.01g then you can measure amounts as low as 0.01g +/- 0.005g. This is far more desirable as you can measure your 50mg to within 5%.
I definitely recommend against measuring powerful psychoactives 'by eye', it's a dangerous and high-risk practice that can result in massive overdoses. Many of the more exotic psychoactives have very steep dose-response curves (meaning that a small increase in dose can produce enormously magnified effects and physical side-effects) and therefore measuring by eye is to be avoided at all costs. It may take a bit of effort and time to measure the doses correctly on sufficiently accurate equipment (or have someone measure the dose for you), but this is most definitely time well spent. If you care about your health then you owe it to yourself to be at least milligram-specific with any dose you are taking.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

you can buy a set of plasitc 'ballence' scales from a number of drug parifinalia stores around melbourne for about $25. ive found that if you are careful and patiant, you can farly acuratly mesure down to about 10 or 15 mg. as far as im concerned these scales are far more acurate than your average mull dealers digi scales.
dmt, hmmmmm, definatly high on the like to try list
smile.gif

Thanks BT and others for the advice
smile.gif

I'm in no rush to do it and when i do ill definitely grab myself a set of those scales Diggs mentioned.
------------------
~sleep is for the week~