Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs in clubs!

MrQuiteAct

Bluelighter
Hi all
Latley ive noticed a lot of sniffer dogs been walking around local clubs in the Wollongong area.
I was wondering how good these dogs are at smelling pills (most likely in plastic packet)?
Can they smell pills that "were" in your pocket but not anymore?
Ive heard stories of police searching people after dogs barked, they found nothing on the person. So they got the guys licence and searched his house an car.
Is there any truth to a storey like this?
Is there any chemical that repels the dogs?
Whats your thoughts on this matter?

Is there any chemical that repels the dogs?
Mace, but it could get you in more trouble
smile.gif

The dogs are very good. They're trained to detect "unusual" odours, so you can't repel them with an unusual smell.
Doesn't this break hygeine laws? Animals on premises where food/beverages are served...
They can smell residue left from pills in your pocket yes. And they are rather effective at it in an indoors environment. If you're guilty when they're in the club your best bet is probably to get yourself around a big group of people in a tight bunch, that would make it hard for the dog to single you out, tho you'll probably still bet busted.
Anyways... people who sell drugs in clubs suck, and there's no need to carry more than a pill for yourself is there? Maybe leave it in the car till you're ready to eat it, and eat it in the car and go back in.
I think bringing dogs into clubs probably does contravene a law, but they're cops, they're above the law.

entropope
I'm fairly sure that the only dogs which are trained to detect "different" smells are air port sniffer dogs. That is why they are only good at sniffing in very clean indoor environments such as airports/mail centers. They are trained to smell different smells so they can also detect food and plants.
Im pretty sure outdoor police dogs are trained specifically for drugs in outdoor environments. There are just too many wierd smells for airport trained dogs to work outdoors.
Hope im not wrong here
biggrin.gif

Rob.
PS: my best mate was busted with a couple pills and 1/2 gram of pot. DEFINATELY NEVER TAKE POT out in the streets. Dogs can sniff the shit from atleast a block away. The smell can carry for hundreds of metres in the air and its apparently really strong.
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

I can smell a gram from 600 meters, the dogs would be trackin ya for K's :p
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

Never take pot out in public? Fuck that. How often do you see sniffer dogs anyway?
At utopia, coming out of the train station i see cops and 2 dogs and i'm like "fuck!"
I had weed and my friends pills on me. But i used some evasive movements, namely the "put someone else between me and the dog" and i was sweet.
Cept my friend got stopped and searched and he had nothing on him at all, he'd smoked earlier that day tho. The coppas said thats why the dog sniffed him. Haha, he was down from Queensland stayin with his bro for a few weeks and the cops were askin his adress and his like "i don't know..." hah
One more thing. Is a dog more likely to sniff something down at its level, like if you have it in your pocket or shoe, would it be more likely to draw a dogs attention then say u had it in ure hat or somethin?
Adikkal

Sniffer dogs at M6 got a few ppl. I lost a half weight after dropping it on the ground. I guess its better than being caught with it.
Can dogs smell E?? My friend had his pills near mine, also on the ground and the dog only found mine. The dog walked right over it about 3 times. Very lucky for him... But for me
frown.gif

------------------
Fuckin~A

Well I'm not willing to reference my source either, but as far as I know, POLICE dogs (yes, I didn't assume the club was in an airport) smell unusual smells. Hence packing your drugs in something like coffee is going to have an opposite effect. I'm not talking unusual like Brut aftershave unusual, it's a little more specific.
The dogs that are trained to detect food and plants are the beagles. They can't sniff out pills etc. They are trained to detect vegetable matter, to stop the spread of fruit flies and other pests through Australia. These are the dogs used at domestic terminals.
The dogs at international terminals, are German Shepards and are trained to detect narcotics, in a similar manner to police dogs. The rest of their training is different of course, but they're both looking for the same thing...
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
[This message has been edited by entropope (edited 11 November 2001).]

Herbs and Things by Jeanne Rose, states that a natural dog repellant is ginger. Apparently it upsets their olfactory receptors. I once tried forcing a Great Dane to sniff some powered ginger. Not only did he back away forcefully, but the normally gentle dog bared his teeth as he was backed into a corner.
From that point on the house was covered in ginger powder, the floors, the cupboards, stash and clothes (which made us smell terrible)
Did it work? well put it this way they came and they went and we still stayed.

Just curious, i didn't think most sniffer dogs were trained to smell pills.... i thought the cops used them to suss out people with pot and that gave them enough right to search the person for other stuff?? I honestly didn't think dogs could smell pills.....
smile.gif
Guess i'm wrong
frown.gif

------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

Just yesterday we went to pick up a german shepheard pup from a guy who breeds them specifically for security purposes. He was telling us there is ABSOLUTELY no point in trying to disguise the smell of anything, as not only do they (security guards, cops, etc etc) train the dogs to smell the drugs (he wasn't specific but he was talking about more than pot) but they also teach them to smell coverup smells....
I'd be interested to ask him about the ginger, but my guess is if the dog had that severe a reaction to it don't you thing the cop/guard would wonder why?

More importantly, the canine officer is only half of the team. The other part of the team is the dog's handler, another police officer, who is watching your every reaction. If you freak out when the dog comes near you, then this is more of an indication of you giving away your own guilt than the dog's sniffing and recognising chemicals on your person.
It's a two-pronged attack, one detecting the chemicals and the other watching for your reaction to being under scrutiny.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

so does anyone have any ideas how to stop the smells a bit?? Maybe tripple baggy em or something? Rubbing the baggy in ur own sweat?
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

I remember seeing on the news, how they showed the sniffer dogs (i think it was from utopia) and the dog and the officer ran up to some guy from behind and the guy started patting it. Haha, i found it kinda amusing.
I wonder if you can pick up drug dogs 2nd hand. Would be useful when you lose your stash
wink.gif

But yeah, anyone got an answer to my question? About the location of your stuff? High or low, make a difference?
Cheers
Adikkal

It is possible to bag up your pills so the dogs can't smell them.I think you'll see them coming though,so fuck it drop the 1 or 2 pills you've got.Well unless your a dealer then your fucked(unless you want to throw 20pills or whatever
smile.gif
)

My GF says that one of her friends who always carries something on him pats any dog that sniffs him out... they're not meant to be patted so it kinda nullifies the test i spose. She reckons shes seen it work although I wouldn't rely on this method, its worth it for a last resort