• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids am i the only one who doesn't really like nodding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burn out

Bluelighter
years ago when i used to take opiates i loved the euphoria but i always found nodding to be weird and not entirely pleasant.

i then quit opiates because of problems with nausea but ive been using kratom recently (for some reason it doesn't give me as much nausea as opiates) and i'm finding the same thing. i don't particularly like nodding, it's actually kind of unpleasant and scary. i feel not in control of my mind, but not in an enlightening sort of way like you might get with a psychedelic.

I dont like it when i need to be doing something or be around family obviously, but if I don't want to think about anything / experience sort of unconsciousness where I dont have to do anything at all but nod is pretty enjoyable

I get what your saying...i enjoy the nod and i don't enjoy the nod. I guess you can say I enjoy a slight nod when i'm chillin on my bed or on my couch. When i'm out and about or partying i don't wanna nod. I can control my nods pretty well tho by how much I take. If I REALLY wanna nod i will pop a xanax bar lol.

Definitely not the only one who doesn't like nodding. I love the energy/stimulation i get from opiates and I seem to get that more than most people I know personally... and I always hate when I take it just a little too far and start to nod, ruins my night! I wanna insufflate some oxymorphones and GET OUT OF THE DAMN HOUSE! or play my guitar or do something.

years ago when i used to take opiates i loved the euphoria but i always found nodding to be weird and not entirely pleasant.

i then quit opiates because of problems with nausea but ive been using kratom recently (for some reason it doesn't give me as much nausea as opiates) and i'm finding the same thing. i don't particularly like nodding, it's actually kind of unpleasant and scary. i feel not in control of my mind, but not in an enlightening sort of way like you might get with a psychedelic.

I would have to agree. It's funny because I prefer the more sedating opiates over the more stimulating ones, or, in other words, I prefer the opiates more likely to induce nodding, but I really, really dislike nodding. I like to hit that spot right before nodding where everything is warmer and softer and just altogether nicer, but no nodding...

I like my methadone high, but every time I mixed it with clonazepam, I ended up nodding and I don't like it (and I know what I'm doing mixing two powerful CNS depressants, usually I used to take a small dose of clonazepam, ie. 1mg, 1.5mg).

OP..:........ if you dont like the way they feel, WHY are you fucking with opiates. Nodding means youve gotten good and high, i find nodding to be the best part.

I guess youre not a junky, afyer all. Be happy about that. Stop fucking with opiates, before you become an addict.

With my circle of friends, its a proven fact. If you dont stop using, you will become an addict. Now me and my friends are fucking junkies. Dont end up like that!!!!!! Youll regret it so much. Youll wish you never used heroin to begin with,

I hope someone reads this, and it actually makes a difference <3

I just look at nodding as part of the opiate ride. It really depends on what I'm supposed to do that day but generally I love the nod..

OP..:........ if you dont like the way they feel, WHY are you fucking with opiates. Nodding means youve gotten good and high, i find nodding to be the best part.

I guess youre not a junky, afyer all. Be happy about that. Stop fucking with opiates, before you become an addict.

With my circle of friends, its a proven fact. If you dont stop using, you will become an addict. Now me and my friends are fucking junkies. Dont end up like that!!!!!! Youll regret it so much. Youll wish you never used heroin to begin with,

I hope someone reads this, and it actually makes a difference <3

whoa! First, explain to me again how not nodding or wanting to nod means that one is not addicted, or, in your own words, "a junkie?" It seems to me entirely possible that a person can become addicted to opiates and not want to nod.

Also, explain to me again how you can be so sure that time will turn each and every person dabbling in opiates into a full-blown addict? Because I just do not see that happening. Like alcohol, and in the same way that one becomes "a drunk," I believe that opiates can and will hook those prone to addiction but not everyone.

The decision to try opiates in the first place might be what's stupid. I wish that I had never experimented with pain killers and heroin in the first place, not because I am an addict, but because the idea that a substance like heroin might have hooked me is a scary one and I had no idea at the time what type of a person I might become, an occasional user or a full-blown addict. It was a huge, stupid gamble.

Nodding is always the state I want to achieve when I use opiates. I find it enjoyable to do any dose of opiates but the part I enjoy most is just being able to nod out hard haha. Really this is all just preference and to whoever said nod liking nodding doesn't mean your an addict, some people might just prefer light-medium doses of opiates and it doesn't make them less of an addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.