Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Why hasn't someone video taped their whole life?

No offense, but nobody has filmed their entire life for two reasons: it is stupid, and it is impossible.

Why would someone want to do that? I know there are certainly times in my life that I wouldnt want to share with anyone else, and some that I'd just prefer to forget all together. Also it would be very expensive between the batteries and whatever memory device its being recorded on to.

I'll give this another day, but I'm really debating closing it. I dont see much discussion to be had on this topic.

Or that guy from "Exit Through The Gift Shop"...the Borat of the street art world

:D

1) Someone would want to do it simply because it hasn't been done before. It would go down in history forever.
2) There are means of doing it today if you have the money for a small camera and storage devices to hold the video.
3) You could release the video after you die.

While not really all the feasible, it would be awesome if somebody with an interesting life did. There are so many insanely awesome and spontaneous situations that happen in life, most of which never get caught on film because no one is expecting them to happen. I can sure think of a lot of fucking scenes in my life I wish I had on film.

As well as a shit-load-ton of those I would never, ever, want to see again myself. Let alone anyone else. Or rather, everyone else.

Also I like the idea of releasing the whole, unedited, uncensored, raw film after you are long dead. Just the sheer honesty alone would be mind-blowing. Unheard of. Sharing your whole, entire, moment-for-moment life experience with the globe?

Ok, it appears you were serious when asking this, so I've cleaned the thread up a bit and will send it to F&T. They may keep it or close it, but I will let them decide.

Homeless ---> F&T

Yeah and it's nowhere near impossible. You get one of the clip on cameras and a backup one. You use one until it's close to filling up its storage device (via some sort of alarm) and you turn on the second one, replace the 1st one's storage device and you're on your way. Both the camera and storage device would have to be durable and small, but technology is there if not extremely close to being there.

it won't be done the way you describe because 99.9999% of it will be dull and uninteresting. and yes it would be impossible, no one would bother editing it, or watching it since it would take a lifetime to do these things.

the closest you will get is the seminal up series.

^ Yeah, very good film. Caouette filmed everything. I like the budget estimation: 218 dollars.

He made quite a few bucks from it, but it's worth it for the emotion and his total implication in the process.

If you could access all of your memories you would essentially be able to view your entire life as if it were a film. That would be sweet.

Like most of the incessant ranting on blogs, the realities of every day life aren't very interesting. The reason you don't see Bruce Wayne brushing his teeth in the Batman movies is because it would suck. That's the point of selectivity. You film the parts of your life that matter. You don't film yourself paying bills or sleeping (unless you have a penis growing out of your forehead like Andy Warhol) because you're never going to need that footage.

1) Someone would want to do it simply because it hasn't been done before. It would go down in history forever.

a) Nobody (as far as I know) has eaten their own scrotum.

b) Why would they go down in history for ever? It would take an entire lifetime to watch the film so obviously nobody is ever going to watch it, including the person who made it. So how exactly are they going to go down in history 'forever'? ... or do you mean like in the Guinness Book of the Worlds biggest Assholes? Cause yeah they'd probably get in there.

I don't care who you are, Joe the Plumber or Jesus H. Christ; that would likely be the most boring overall movie ever.

No thanks.

OP, it's been done. Check out this documentary called The Truman Show. I think it was produced by PBS? Really well done, could have even been a real movie, LOL!

"Nobody (as far as I know) has eaten their own scrotum." -- How long have humans been around??? A lllooonngg time. There is a high probablity that at some point in time, someone has eaten their own scrotom, by force or by choice...but more likely by force.

They would go down in history forever because it would be the only documented footage of one's life. You're also assuming that people can't fast foward, or simply jump around all the footage for kicks.

My point is that it has not been done, won't cause any harm, and has an easy capacity to be done so why hasn't it? No one would be forced to watch it.

It would have to be started by the parents, then be continued by the child as they grow up. If you ever plan to have kids some day, you could always start with them.

Ok if this were to happen, then people would need to spend their ENTIRE life watching this guys ENTIRE life on average. So... either highlight clips of this person's life (which requires presumably more time to assemble) or the life expectancy has to go up enough where watching 70 years of film isnt that much of a waste.

Or robots make a highlight real?

Would it be the same thing??