• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids vicodin 5-500 worried about apap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisongodmachine

Greenlighter
I've read some threads here about the dangers of Apap but I'm kind of worried about a current predicament and I don't know if my question was quite answered in the other threads so here goes

I normally get norco 10-325's for "breakthrough pain" and when I got my script today I popped a mouthful of them stupidly thinking it was business as usual, afterwards reading the label I realised it was just vicodin 5-500 plus I"d taken a tylenol earlier in the day.

The grand total acetaminophen I put in my system was almost 6000mg and Im really worried about liver damage and/or death from all the stuff I've been reading.

It was a moment of weakness and stupidity I know that, I should have gone home and cwe'd em, but I was in withdrawal and you know that old story.

Have any of you ever heard of someone dying from that particular amount of apap? I normally cwe them and when I dont, I usually dont exceed 4000mg apap per 24 hours, I also do NOT drink.

6 grams of apap won't kill you, but I wouldnt make a habit of it at all. Likely it'll be business as usual, but if you do this normally there could be a cumulative effect and you should check out cold water extractions

I just CWE'd the rest of the bottle. I usually dont do this. I'll have a few months where i'll be lucky and they'll give me oxycodones no combo drug, but every now and again they'll swap it up for norco's, and then today they snuck the 5-500's on me.

I've never had that much acetaminophen more than 1 day in a row before, and probably no more than 5 times in my whole life, I'm usually pretty careful.

Would it make a difference if I ate a diet High in METHIONINE today? I've read that eggs and almonds contain a pretty good amount so I ate 6 boiled eggs and put a whole bottle of pure almond extract in my tea :D

I dont really know the amount of METHIONINE thats supposed to help with acetaminophen toxicity.

Last edited:
Just perform a CWE in the future; you should be fine as long as you don't make a habit of it.

Sometimes doctors will prescribe that much APAP in a day, and sometimes they add on other NSAIDS too.

Since this is answered I'll close this - PM me if you have any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.