• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Brain seizures without noticeable effect on the heart?

xxl

Bluelighter
I was wondering whether it is normal for a user with high tolerance to experience bell-ringers and even brain seizures without feeling any effect on heart rate to speak of. Or whether the absence of any effect on the heart is only an illusion.

Probably an illusion, though it is theoretically possible to be more tolerant to the heart rate increase side effect than it is the euphoria/other factors.

Good thread idea by the way. :)

When I was still shooting coke, I always got bell ringers and sometimes fished out without the unpleasant racing / pounding / skipping heart (except for the one time I did way too much and had cardiac arrest . . . ) 8o

Be safe, have fun.

FC

That's what I thought. It is common to fish out without the heart as much as accelerating. I bet when you fished out in this way you remained conscious throughout. I wonder whether the following holds:

- fish out without passing out = no cardiac effect
- fish out with passing out = cardiac problem

More generally, having a seizure each time you have a "heart attack" is understandable if the threshhold for a "heart attack" is above that for a seizure.

I tested it of sorts without the cardiac arrest bit. Spent a long time fishing out, remained very conscious throughout, felt my heart with my hand and noticed no acceleration.

Incidentally, this, my 3rd fishing out had one point in common with the first 2 : it came after missed shots. This seems to be a pattern. Could it be that a successful shot coming after missed shots has the effect of "mobilizing" the pooling (missed) shots by the mere agency of peaking blood-pressure? By the same token, if a missed shot produces no abscess or bump, does it mean it is in the vein biding its time?

if you have a seizure you will have no recollection of the experience or anything that happens during the time that you are seizing.

^if its a tonic-clonic seizure, you're right, but you can retain consciousness during other types (e.g. simple partial seizures).

I refer to fishing out while remaining conscious (with all limbs and even the head flailing uncontrollably).

Does "fishing out' refer to flopping/flailing like a fish out of the water due to a seizure?

Fuck.. I'm glad i always achieved bells ringers without any of that bullshit. Careful dosing for the win.

By the way xxl, a missed shot doesn't necessarily form a lump or abcess, it depends on a large number of variables. Most missed shots that are clean and don't contain particulates won't cause an abscess, and in my experience with coke many times won't even cause a lump for more than a couple minutes.

Likewise missing 1 unit can cause an abscess if it's a dirty shot, so be careful.

Incidentally, this, my 3rd fishing out had one point in common with the first 2 : it came after missed shots. This seems to be a pattern. Could it be that a successful shot coming after missed shots has the effect of "mobilizing" the pooling (missed) shots by the mere agency of peaking blood-pressure? By the same token, if a missed shot produces no abscess or bump, does it mean it is in the vein biding its time?

Yes missing a shot, and then loading another shot and hitting it right after your miss, definitely can lead to over-dose or 'fishing out' as you call it. Because even though you missed, the drug is still absorbing subcutaneously, and then hitting a successful shot shortly afterward the amounts/effects of the two can combine, leading to a higher than safe level which would account for fishing out from a normally safe amount via successful shot.

Also, missing a shot doesn't always produce a lump in my experience. It depends where you are shooting, obviously. In the crook of your arm there is a lot of "available" open space between veins/muscles/ligaments etc where the missed shot can sit, without creating a noticeable "bubble" pushing out on the skin. Regardless, the missed shot will still absorb, albeit slower than successfully hitting it intravenously.

^^^^

What he said - exactly. When I was shooting C, there were times I was on the edge of fishing out where I could apply pressure to the bump from a missed shot, and start convulsing, release the pressure and it would stop, apply pressure and fish out again. Scary.

Be careful my friend.

FC

I could apply pressure to the bump from a missed shot, and start convulsing, release the pressure and it would stop
Interesting. This would suggest the shot was inside a thrombosed section of a vein but the vein itself was like a dis-inflated bicycle tube: it no longer conveyed the blood in any active way. This tallies with reports of misses where the user swears he had successfully registered.