• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Looks quite bad. pics for the curious

H

h3lpw0uldb3c00l

i feel i must be breif as i can see most members etc are v litarate when it comes to trouble with rec drugs, im looking for anyone with exp with iv heroin use and how many ways it can fuck the body.

sorry to be blunt with all this but im quite worried. i know goto A and E. but i have many reasons not to.

ive been using heroin iv for a year or so, heroin itself for 4-5 on and off but mostly on last 2 years. have been using inside arms you know the ones they show you how to use in the movies - well i've over done it a bit,

last 4/5 shots have been unable to hit and thus going into muscle (biceps) and around sites in fact everywhere except where its suppose to go, for the last 35hrs its been getting real sore, quite swollen and really tight looking, if a pic helps i will post one. infact im sure it will so bare with me.

my partner knows i use but not iv so i cant just let her know im off to a and e cause i've been missing ma shorts n fucking my arm for the last few days. any questions please do ask.

i need advice as to whether this can be weighted out, i had somthing similar - other arm but no as pronounced it went down over a week or so but this one seems really keen to make me freakout.

advice?

i contacted nhs direct - gave a slightly sanatised version of above - still waiting to hear back.

like to add, been a lurker for a while - excellent site - great info etc.

but seriously could someone get back to me asap.

peace

Is the area hot to the touch, if so I strongly advise going to the hospital because of a possible infection, they would give you some strong antibiotics, it's happened to my hand before, better to be safe than to lose an arm, take care

Post a pic?

If you are really worried, I would go to the A&E... better safe then sorry and if you have been missing quite a bit who knows what is going on in your arm.

There are two things that can happen. It can make a somewhat small hard pocket and will go away in a few days or it can become an abcess. You will know if it is an abcess. You will get very swollen, extreme pain (to the point you cant let your arm drop below your heart from throbbing) and it is scary as shit. You will also run a fever. Believe me, if you need to go to the ER, you will not question it, it is very obvious.